ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #76
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
i was pulling for diaz arlovski lawler and randleman so i went 1 for 4 of those fights

that guy who fucked up arlovski, amazing, can't wait to see how his career goes from here
you late... Rodgers has BEEN a fucking monster... he kept calling out kimbo, but they were smart never to let that match happen... kimbo would have gotten' massacred...

i'm so sick of watching diaz win fights with that stupid ass style and his little bitch ass pitty pat strikes... put a fucking good boxer in there that knows how to use head movement and watch him get fucking destroyed... damn, i hate watching him win... scott smith really let me down... arlovski and definitely randleman need to retire...

lawler getting caught also made me pretty upset... i was unhappy with most of what happened last night, actually...

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #77
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
you late... Rodgers has BEEN a fucking monster... he kept calling out kimbo, but they were smart never to let that match happen... kimbo would have gotten' massacred...

i'm so sick of watching diaz win fights with that stupid ass style and his little bitch ass pitty pat strikes... put a fucking good boxer in there that knows how to use head movement and watch him get fucking destroyed... damn, i hate watching him win... scott smith really let me down... arlovski and definitely randleman need to retire...

lawler getting caught also made me pretty upset... i was unhappy with most of what happened last night, actually...
knew of him, but need to see him fight someone like arlovski

now i've seen it lol
Old June 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #78
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
I think Rogers is like a HW Alexander Houston... knockout power but no real ground game... (at least not really tested yet).

Guess this sets Arlovski's boxing plans back a bit?
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:44 AM   #79
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
OK did anyone watch that WEC card tonight...That was sick as shit...A double flying knee that ends the fight in eight seconds, a flying triangle which was one of the sickest subs of the year, and Urijah Faber fighting 4 rounds with two breaks in his right hand. He still lost but that's some tough shit there.
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:38 AM   #80
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
OK did anyone watch that WEC card tonight...That was sick as shit...A double flying knee that ends the fight in eight seconds, a flying triangle which was one of the sickest subs of the year, and Urijah Faber fighting 4 rounds with two breaks in his right hand. He still lost but that's some tough shit there.

About 5 seconds before Aldo/Swanson started I said "Aldo by flying knee". My brother and his buddy thought I looked up the result online because we started watching on a 10 minute delay and I was at my brothers computer. But by then we'd already caught up to real time. So I'm just that good.

And yeah Faber to me was the more impressive fighter tonight. His right hand was completely jacked and there seemed to be something wrong with his left too since all he threw with it was open handed strikes the last couple round. He had no business landing half the shit he did on Brown but Mike looked like a Sloth tonight. A big strong sloth but a sloth none the less.
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #81
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

faber definitely impressed, fighting so well, so hurt...

but i don't believe he can beat mike brown either way... i'd love to see a third fight, but i wouldn't expect the result to be different... mike brown is simply too strong and doesn't make enough mistakes for faber to capitalize on... mike brown bullies him in the clinch and on the ground... it's hard to win rounds against a guy like that... he'd have to outstrike him and stay away from him for 5 rounds knock him out... either would be hard to do... it's difficult to look like you're winning a fight when you're constantly being bullied...

Old June 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #82
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 22
Send a message via AIM to texbumTHElife
Quote:
faber definitely impressed, fighting so well, so hurt...

but i don't believe he can beat mike brown either way... i'd love to see a third fight, but i wouldn't expect the result to be different... mike brown is simply too strong and doesn't make enough mistakes for faber to capitalize on... mike brown bullies him in the clinch and on the ground... it's hard to win rounds against a guy like that... he'd have to outstrike him and stay away from him for 5 rounds knock him out... either would be hard to do... it's difficult to look like you're winning a fight when you're constantly being bullied...
I think Faber was the better fighter tonight and if he'd had his right hand, I believe the fight is his. I was honestly shocked at the unanimous decision. I really expected it to be split.

I couldn't help but cringe at all of the elbows Brown kept eating, vicious.

I really think Jens Pulver is done as well, and that sucks because he is a blast to watch and seems like a genuine guy.

I cant wait to see Torres again, that guy is one of the most fun fighters to watch in all of MMA.
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #83
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Tex, i am really sorry, but I don't see how anyone can expect a split decision. Unless you heard Cecil Peoples was judging...Then ya you could expect one. But otherwise it`s pretty hard to say that you think 2 judges scored for Brown and one for Faber.
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #84
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tex, i am really sorry, but I don't see how anyone can expect a split decision. Unless you heard Cecil Peoples was judging...Then ya you could expect one. But otherwise it`s pretty hard to say that you think 2 judges scored for Brown and one for Faber.
They were in Sacto
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #85
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
i'm so sick of watching diaz win fights with that stupid ass style and his little bitch ass pitty pat strikes... put a fucking good boxer in there that knows how to use head movement and watch him get fucking destroyed
They did put a good boxer in there at one point. His name was KJ Noons and he did exactly what you said.

Last edited by speKtor : June 8th, 2009 at 06:21 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #86
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
They did put a good boxer in there at one point. His name was KJ Noons and he did exactly what you said.

True... and KJ Noons isn't even a good boxer... he's more like an average boxer...

too bad KJ acted like a puss and wouldn't beat Nick's ass again for all of our enjoyment and got dropped from the promotion...

his boxing career so far isn't really panning out...

Old June 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #87
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True... and KJ Noons isn't even a good boxer... he's more like an average boxer...
Which just further makes me believe that a serious boxer (IE: Floyd or Roy) would destroy most MMA guys. But thats another thread.
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:42 AM   #88
molsonmuscle

Quote:

i'm so sick of watching diaz win fights with that stupid ass style and his little bitch ass pitty pat strikes..
Ummm...have you ever seen his fight with Aoki...It's one of the handfull of fights where someone has made someone tap by gogoplata....If not...here ya go.

Old June 9th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #89
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Another highlight finish from Bellator.........

ESPN has done a good job of putting on some really solid shows.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #90
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ummm...have you ever seen his fight with Aoki...It's one of the handfull of fights where someone has made someone tap by gogoplata....If not...here ya go.

That's Gomi Gomi didn't take the fight seriously at all and didn't even condition... He gassed in the first round. Even then Diaz's face took the beating of it's life. (he needed lots of stitches)

The fight was overturned, though, because Diaz tested positive for drugs after the fight.

Last edited by Rico Suave : June 9th, 2009 at 10:56 AM.
Rico Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #91
Rico Suave

Aoki did even better than Diaz with a gogoplata from mount

And yes he actually trained for that move with Eddie Bravo

Old June 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #92
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
Aoki did even better than Diaz with a gogoplata from mount
Yeah I saw that a month or so again. Aoki is crazy, lol
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #93
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
That's Gomi Gomi didn't take the fight seriously at all and didn't even condition... He gassed in the first round. Even then Diaz's face took the beating of it's life. (he needed lots of stitches)

The fight was overturned, though, because Diaz tested positive for drugs after the fight.

Yeah right sorry...I even watched that fight like a week ago, I should have known it was Gomi....And shit, it's not like he tested positive for steroids...Dude was just stoned on weed like he allways is. Didn't you see the weigh ins for this weeks fights? I think they have actually stopped testing the Diaz brothers for weed...Or they take those drinks to mask it a few hours before the fight.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #94
sven

Oh and it seems like MFS is going the way of the Lions Den and fading into obscurity. They've got almost nobody relevant left there. Hughes, Lawler, and Pulver have been gone for a while. They just kicked out McFedries. Fisher is no longer training there.

I think Sylvia, Rothwell, and Markham are the only guys they have left.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #95
Xeo

something relevent to the ongoing Kimbo discussion

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM   #96
texbumTHElife

Quote:
Tim Sylvia laying on his back?
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #97
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbumTHElife View Post
at the hands of a 50 year old amateur boxer
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #98
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbumTHElife View Post
Well... the fact that old ass 48 yr old Ray Mercer put him there in about 11 seconds... the same Ray Mercer that Kimbo handled, EASILY... let's not forget that man laying on his back was not long ago the fucking UFC Heavyweight Champ... sure, it was probably a fluke... but maybe Seth knocking Kimbo was also a fluke... or maybe if Kimbo got a shot at Tim, he would have done the same... point is... you never know wtf is going to happen... and all the Kimbo hate is simply unwarranted... he's got as good as shot as anyone to win TUF... because I KNOW no one thought Ray Mercer was gunna' do what hhe did... most people thought he had no business being an MMA fighter... or fighting period, at his age... goes to show you how much people know...

Old June 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #99
Rico Suave

Quote:
Well... the fact that old ass 48 yr old Ray Mercer put him there in about 11 seconds... the same Ray Mercer that Kimbo handled, EASILY... let's not forget that man laying on his back was not long ago the fucking UFC Heavyweight Champ... sure, it was probably a fluke... but maybe Seth knocking Kimbo was also a fluke... or maybe if Kimbo got a shot at Tim, he would have done the same... point is... you never know wtf is going to happen... and all the Kimbo hate is simply unwarranted... he's got as good as shot as anyone to win TUF... because I KNOW no one thought Ray Mercer was gunna' do what hhe did... most people thought he had no business being an MMA fighter... or fighting period, at his age... goes to show you how much people know...
Tim should have won, but he tried to box with a pro boxer and we can see the results. It's also interesting to note how Tim came in at 310-311 lbs for the fight - totally out of shape which shows the lack of respect he showed to Mercer.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #100
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Honestly I still don't think Mercer had any point being in a cage either. If anything Fedor's rep is the one that took a hit in the last week. As both people he finished in his last two fights were handled much easier by much less experienced fighters.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: