ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old December 30th, 2002, 09:53 PM   #1
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Angry Tried GBA again

And again found that screen way too dark! And before anyone makes some eye sight crack I have perfect vision. I can see the games but the lighting has to be perfect to do so comfortably and there is simply no excuse for that.

I bought one of those "flood lights" and they are by far the best lights for the GBA but still leave a lot to be desired.

Just as I was considering sending mine out to have that backlight installed I reconsidered and took my GBA and three games back to EB and exchanged it (along with 55 more dollars) for a PSOne with an LCD screen, batter pack, and cigerette lighter adapter. While the PSOne is more cumbersome it is so much better in every other way I believe it was well worth it.

GBA=70 bucks

PSOne= 50 bucks

GBA Games = 20-40 bucks

PSX Games= 5 -30 bucks

I have a decent portable system with a GREAT screen now. Sure I cant hold it in my hand while playing but I rarely am in a situation where I NEED to do that anyways.

GBA needs to be backlight NOW imho.
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2002, 10:30 PM   #2
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Thats why I loved Game Gear. Sure battery life sucked but with a rechargable battery pack you could get 6 hours of play time, which was plenty in between charges overnight. I would play in my bed with no lights on at night and it was awesome
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 12:41 AM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Ya', the GBA really needs a backlight. I have a GameGear, and I love it. I could play in complete darkness. Most of the time I was around an outlet, so I used my AC Adapter.

Come on Nintendo, make a GBA with a backlight.
Old December 31st, 2002, 05:48 AM   #4
Rabid Gamer
Staff Member

Rabid Gamer is on a distinguished roadRabid Gamer is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 229
I usually play while relaxing outside or inside with a lamp next to me, so I guess I sort of "deal" with the lighting problem... but I still think I'll get an afterburner installed when I get my black GBA, or hope they release a back-lit model sometime next year.

Gameboy Player for GC is another solution too, and the first shots I've seen look pretty good... May be a better solution for you, but it does take the portability away. Don't know if that's the "draw" to the system for you or not.

And on the PSOne w/LCD note... I got one for Christmas and it's gorgeous, I play all my PSOne games on it now instead of the TV. I hope they do a similar revision w/LCD release for PS2, especially since it could double as a portable DVD player. *drool*
Rabid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 06:41 AM   #5
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
PS2? portable?
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 08:11 AM   #6
Rabid Gamer
Staff Member

Yup, portable just like the PSOne...
Revised/smaller size, top-loading (like it should have been in the first place, would have solved a lot of disc read errors...), back-mountable LCD, etc.

I'm sure if they do make one, it won't be until around PS3's launch or even after. It would be well worth a 200$ price-tag (what the PSOne w/LCD originally cost) if it kept the PSOne and DVD playback, IMO.
Old December 31st, 2002, 09:26 AM   #7
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
That's still cumbersome (albeit, much less so), but I thought you meant the current PS2!
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2002, 01:50 PM   #8
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
No, cumbersome would be getting the Xbox LCD screen and trying to use THAT behemoth as a portable anything.

I hear people up north put them in the beds of their trucks for better traction.
Old December 31st, 2002, 02:53 PM   #9
Rabid Gamer
Staff Member

Heh, I can't even imagine trying to use an XBox "on-the-go" with one of those third party screens... A GC or PS2 even, it just seems so bulky/heavy/intrusive to even bother.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 11:35 AM   #10
Fox

Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 35
Where can i get that GBA Backlight installed?
Jerry: You see, Elaine, the key to eating a black and white cookie is that you wanna get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate. And yet still somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie, all our problems would be solved.
<Seinfeld>
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:40 PM   #11
Nick
Staff Member

Nick is on a distinguished roadNick is on a distinguished roadNick is on a distinguished roadNick is on a distinguished road

yourhappyplace.com will provide and install the afterburner backlight for $61.95, or you can buy a new GBA with the light already installed for $133.95.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2003, 05:20 PM   #12
PlayStation2

PlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nice

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Arod1983
Thats why I loved Game Gear. Sure battery life sucked but with a rechargable battery pack you could get 6 hours of play time, which was plenty in between charges overnight. I would play in my bed with no lights on at night and it was awesome
Wouldn't that like KILL your eyes?

http://www.muse.mu
PlayStation2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #13
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
I think it has to be at least a little bit where you're choosing to play, Pun. I played the shit out of my GBA over the holidays and found that for the most part I had little to no trouble unless I was playing in a shadow, and then my problems were solved easily by one of the shittiest list peripherals available for the GBA. I don't even have one of those fancy flood lights you're talking about.

FTR, Metroid Fusion is awesome, really calls up memories of the old stuff, and Phantasy Star Collection, which I just picked up, is going to eat up a ton of my time, I can tell already.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #14
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
The GBA is crap, pure and simple. The screen is a downgrade from the GBC's already slightly dark screen. Only by resorting to internal hacking can it be made into a useful portable game machine.

Luckily we don't have to wait much longer for the official fix.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #15
Tazznum1

Tazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 24
http://www.ironknights.org/bl/gbasp.mov

This was on last night.

I am Tazznum1, and I approve this message.
Tazznum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #16
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

That was the worst newscast ever. That woman doing the reporting didn't know a goddamned thing about what she was talking about and based her recommendations on the fact that it kept her son and nephew out of her hair for a few "howahs."

It also gave me little hope for the youth of today, considering neither of those children could spit out what they were trying to say without what seem to be the prerequisite "like's" to create pauses in what they were saying. Terrible.

On the other hand, it was nice to see it actually being used.
Old January 8th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #17
Tazznum1

Tazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of lightTazznum1 is a glorious beacon of light

NY Fox 5 blows. They cater to 70 year olds.

Old January 8th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #18
DirtySanchez

Old January 8th, 2003, 02:31 PM   #19
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Quote:
Originally posted by DirtySanchez
That was the worst newscast ever. That woman doing the reporting didn't know a goddamned thing about what she was talking about and based her recommendations on the fact that it kept her son and nephew out of her hair for a few "howahs."

It also gave me little hope for the youth of today, considering neither of those children could spit out what they were trying to say without what seem to be the prerequisite "like's" to create pauses in what they were saying. Terrible.

On the other hand, it was nice to see it actually being used.
Like...um...you suck and are gay or something...and like I gotta go watch some TV and buy stuff...
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #20
Tazznum1

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Like...um...you suck and are gay or something...and like I gotta go watch some TV and buy stuff...

Damn, so close. But it more like...

Like...um...you suck and are gay or something...and like I gotta go watch some TV and tell my mom to buy stuff...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: