ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #51
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Yeah no point in getting World party if you have Armageddon. It is the same exact game, only World Party has a long extinct online mode. I wasn't a fan of Mars Matrix, but to each their own opinion.
Old March 16th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #52
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Cool then. The Mars Matrix thing is just about being obsessive over the shooters, since I have a pretty nice collection of then so far. They're great popcorn gaming. Even though I suck at them, they're still fun. Same with the fighting games, I kind of want every one I can find. I like to tell myself it's "research" in case I get a chance to make my fight game someday.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #53
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Shooters and fighters probably make up about one quarter of the entire Dreamcast library, it's insane. Most of them are good games too. I also suck at the shooters, but they make for a quick and fun game fix at any given time.
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #54
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get Radilgy yet? I'm going to stop seeding it after tomorrow, but there are plenty of other people seeding it still.

I remember hearing that Shikigami no Shiro 2 was the same as Mobile Light Force on PS2. I have both, and they are actually different, though clearly appear to be from the same series.

I'm starting to look at some of the homebrew games too. I have a bunch of them, but I'm trying to make sure I understand how to put them on one disc.

Last edited by mountpanic : March 16th, 2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #55
cagmere

Yeah the homebrew scene is nice, lots of good ports. I remember making a disc once with a bunch of them on it. They are made into .sbi files which can be found at http://www.consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/

It's been a while though so I'm not sure if it is still up and running.

I just got radilgy yesterday, it was acquired in roughly 10 minutes. I like the concept of swiping away the weaker bullets while concentrating on dodging the stronger ones. Nice concept. The cel shaded graphics are simple but nice.
Old March 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #56
mountpanic

Oh is THAT how you're supposed to play it? Sounds like Chaos Field.

Old March 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #57
cagmere

Yes, it's simliar to Chaos Field.
Old March 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #58
mountpanic

Added:

Fatal Fury Special (NeoGeo)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
Einhander (bleem!)
Final Romance 2 (NeoGeo)

Old March 19th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #59
cagmere

How well (or bad) does Einhander run?
Old March 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #60
mountpanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagmere
How well (or bad) does Einhander run?
Some slowdown issues, but still playable.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM   #61
mountpanic

Add:
Toy Racer
Championship Surfer

Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:35 PM   #62
mountpanic

Added:
Rainbow Cotton

Old March 26th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #63
mountpanic

Added:
Under Defeat
Magforce Racing
Sakura Taisen 1

Old March 28th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #64
mountpanic

Added:
Maken X
Omikron: the Nomad Soul
Stunt GP
Star Wars Demolition

Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM   #65
mountpanic

Added:
Virtua Fighter History
Savage Reign (neo geo)
Seven Magic Mansions
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
Marionette Company 2
Dino Crisis
Sonic Shuffle
Flag to Flag CART
Sakura Taisen 2
Evolution

Old April 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM   #66
mountpanic

Added:
Evolution 2
Space Channel 5 Part 2 (have the PS2 version, but it's a trip in Japanese)
The Lost Golem
Kao the Kangaroo (sucks)
007 Racing (bleemcast port - sucks)
Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights (retarded control scheme)

I might start throwing out or giving away some of the suckier games I've ended up with. Their existence offendeth me.

Old April 21st, 2006, 12:07 PM   #67
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountpanic
Added:
Evolution 2
That's one of the few games I still have to finish. I think I got it at a Shopko for like 5 to 7 bucks a long time ago, and started a game but some other titles quickly pulled me away.
Old April 21st, 2006, 05:34 PM   #68
mountpanic

Lord knows if I'll ever get around to any of the RPGs on the DC. I'm just not that big an RPGer, but they do seem to generally be a more cheerful batch than many of the overwrought alternatives.

They might not get played until I have kids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: