ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old April 14th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #1
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Shenmue 1 & 2 Remastered

Even though Console City is virtually dead. I thought with all the former Sega fans that use to be here, this thread would be worth posting.

Coming to PC/PS4/XB1 in 2018, both physical and digital versions will cost $29.99.

Remaster includes improved controls (old controls still available) better textures, time skip feature, updated UI and other quality of life improvements.

I'll start the screens off with Shenmue's most shining star...

And here's some screens for a few Shenmue supporting characters...

Old April 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #2
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
I'll probably get the PC version.

Never finished 2 way back when.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2018, 07:55 PM   #3
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I'll probably get the PC version.

Never finished 2 way back when.
I finished 2 on the Xbox. It's a much longer and larger game than Shenmue 1. But for some reason I remember more from 1 than 2. Not sure what the means really.
Old April 17th, 2018, 03:17 PM   #4
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 188
I loved the 1st game on Dreamcast and enjoyed the 2nd on Xbox but for some reason didn't finish it. I'll probably buy it for PS4 even though I already have a backlog of games to play.
Old April 21st, 2018, 02:31 AM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I have Shenmue on the Dreamcast, and the 2nd on the original Xbox (beat em both). I'll definitely pick up these remastered versions. I also did the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter, so I'll be getting that as well.
Old April 24th, 2018, 06:48 PM   #6
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 414
Games Wanted: 4
...I'll be picking this one up. I finished the original game, I own the second but still haven't opened it.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2018, 10:34 AM   #7
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I played very little of the first, and I believe I own the second on the XBOX, but I know that I've never played it. I'm not sure if I'll get this or not. Depends on if I find it for super cheap. I purchase and play VERY few modern games now, though you could argue that this isn't a 'modern' title, I suppose.
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:44 PM   #8
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 104
Thumbs up

I will buy this.
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2018, 09:41 PM   #9
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 188
I just realized most of my DC gaming was with a horrible setup. I had the VGA box but it wasn't compatible with all monitors. About 50% from what I tested. So most of my DC gaming was connected through the RF adapter. My TV was that old. Replaying these games through HDMI will be a real treat for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: