ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old April 4th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #1
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Where you at in life right now

Let's see, I turn the big 40 in about a month.

My oldest is graduating high school next month, and then making me a grandpa in about 3 more months. (atleast the guy she is with is a good guy and will be around)

Been here in Colorado for about 6 years now and just had my 5 year anniversary at my job.

Closing on a house at the end of the month (holy shit did we pick the wrong time to buy, but we did get in at 3.75%)

Marriage -16 years and going strong

3 recalls later and I'm still driving my Charger and loving it The wife even choose the Dodge Avenger a few months ago.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
33. Married 10 years. Have a 17 month old boy named Leonidas. Just got a new job in Kansas City. Moving in July. Don't want to leave WA, but want to advance my career. Hopefully will return to the PNW someday, probably Portland or Seattle.
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:26 PM   #3
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 692
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
Closing on a house at the end of the month (holy shit did we pick the wrong time to buy, but we did get in at 3.75%)
What city (if you don't mind revealing)?
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #4
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
What city (if you don't mind revealing)?

Thornton
Old April 4th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 692
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
Thornton
http://www.area93.com/media/podcast-...nton-25308067/

I'm a bit further North in Erie.
Old April 5th, 2015, 01:01 AM   #6
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 188
32, single, government contractor

8 nephews and 2 nieces but no kids of my own.

I grew up and went to HS and college in PA but I've been working in DC for 3+ years now. Before moving here I was looking at purchasing a house right around when there was that credit ($8k?). Fortunately I didn't since I would be "stuck" in PA. I'm not going to get into the pros and cons of owning vs renting, but I think renting with a roommate is the right fit for what I am doing right now. Overall I am happy but I think I would have to find a better paying job if I wanted to stay here long term. Housing is crazy around here. My first job out of college was great but my career has stalled a bit. I'm currently taking one graduate class per semester in hopes of getting ahead again. Back home my friends are settling down and getting married while here it is normal to be in your 30s and single. I think the larger the city the more acceptable it is to put off marriage since you are constantly meeting other young professionals and think you can do better than whatever you currently have.

I ride a bike to and from work on most days, which is amazing. I don't even own a car. I gifted it to my parents once I moved down here. Ever since middle school I wanted to live in a large city in which I did not need a vehicle. So I guess you could say I am living the dream

Last edited by erp : April 5th, 2015 at 01:11 AM.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2015, 09:07 AM   #7
2Legit84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
A buddy of mine lives in Firestone and was trying to talk me into moving out there. I really did not want a 1 hour commute to work every day, especially having to travel I25, Where I'm moving to in Thornton, I'll be able to use I76 the majority of the time.
Old April 6th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #8
NFL2kPro

NFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura aboutNFL2kPro has a spectacular aura about

Live!: SubStinger56

Just had a daughter at the end of January. Turned 30 in February. I've been with my current job (After School Care) for almost 10 years.

My first child was born extremely premature about 9 years ago and lived for 6 days, so right now I'm enjoying every minute with my little girl. I took about a month off when she was born and now I'm taking a couple weeks off again because we're having trouble finding child care and mom had to go back to work. Loving life right now!
NFL2kPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #9
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Feeling pretty good right now, I just walked out of a management position after 11 years and into an hourly IT position. Same company, same money, way less hours and a lot less responsibility. Its an incredible to walk out the door at 5pm and not have to even think about work until I clock in thee next day, Ill never go salary again. Kids are both doing great in school. As far as my relationship life, gotta make some changes....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #10
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruderb View Post
Feeling pretty good right now, I just walked out of a management position after 11 years and into an hourly IT position. Same company, same money, way less hours and a lot less responsibility. Its an incredible to walk out the door at 5pm and not have to even think about work until I clock in thee next day, Ill never go salary again.

I did the same thing about 3 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Its pretty crazy at how instantly your job/life gets better after dumping all the bullshit that goes along with management.

And the funny thing is that with OT and bonuses I actually make more now then I did as management.
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:30 AM   #11
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
55 years old. Mercenary DBA and configuration engineer.

Qualified for the senior discount at Denny's.

Actually might have found the next Mrs. OFG.

Three kids, four grandkids. My nephew is getting married at the end of the month.

Tolerating winter less and less with each passing year. Investigating a move to warmer climes.

Pretty happy right now.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #12
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart Gamer View Post
Actually might have found the next Mrs. OFG.
Is it cancer girl? Is she still with us? I don't visit as much these days so I'm not sure.
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #13
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Is it cancer girl? Is she still with us? I don't visit as much these days so I'm not sure.
Nope, cancer girl decided to go her own way. I talk to her about once a month when she gets a break from chemo. Scans indicate the cancer is still there but it's not getting any worse.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 10:42 PM   #14
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Darn, I'm sorry she walked, but it's good that she's still hanging in there. And it might have been for the best anyway since you may have netted yourself a potential wife.
Old April 8th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #15
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Toronto is an amazing city but the winters are awful.

I'm 31 now, living with my girl in a 1 bed condo (600 sqf). She left her apartment to move in with me 6 months ago, and brought the cat along. I was pessimistic about the cat prior to him coming, but now we get along great. Bought a 2015 FRS a month ago and I love it. I'm a Project Manager by trade, and I generally enjoy what I do, but echo the sentiments from the former managers in this thread. It can be overwhelming at times.

Thinking about popping the question next year, and/then will look at purchasing a larger home together.

Good to see some familiar faces still on here. I check in once in a while.
Old April 9th, 2015, 07:20 AM   #16
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Bought a 2015 FRS a month ago and I love it.
Nearly bought one myself. Couldnt bring myself to buy a Scion though. Just something about that brand, haha. Why cant they just call it the Toyota GT86 like they do everywhere else in the world?

(or why does Subaru have to try and rape you for the identical car?)
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:01 AM   #17
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
37, be 38 in a couple weeks. Been married for 3.5 years, got a nice big house on a pretty big yard for in the city, two dogs that are the best (Link and Zelda) and no kids yet but probably moving that direction.

Left state government work a year and a half ago for private sector and haven't been happier. In general, I lead a pretty fucking charmed life
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 09:49 AM   #18
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

I'm 35 with one kid and one on the way. I work at a college that teaches prosthetics. Plans are in motion to buy a house this time next year. I would really love to leave California, I hate it here.

Life has been too easy lately, I'm not really used to it.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #19
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Nearly bought one myself. Couldnt bring myself to buy a Scion though. Just something about that brand, haha. Why cant they just call it the Toyota GT86 like they do everywhere else in the world?

(or why does Subaru have to try and rape you for the identical car?)
Exactly. The GT86 thing bothered me as well as Scion is, well, rather immature.

The Subaru is basically a couple of extra features for an couple extra thousand. I wrote the Subaru off right away due to the front bumper (think the FRS looks way better) and then selected the FRS over the new GTI and WRX (cost, drive feel, RWD, no kids/critical need for space, etc.)

Very happy with the choice so far. Getting in and out, and parking with the long doors is my biggest complaint.

Did you purchase something else?
Old April 10th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #20
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

My wife has a Scion, it runs nice but every other thing besides the engine is falling apart.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #21
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Well, I got another offer, this one for a different federal agency, with better promotion opportunities. It's in Philadelphia. I still don't want to leave WA, but PA is better than MO. I've still got friends there and family is a lot closer.
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:55 AM   #22
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Well, I got another offer, this one for a different federal agency, with better promotion opportunities. It's in Philadelphia. I still don't want to leave WA, but PA is better than MO. I've still got friends there and family is a lot closer.
You will love Philly
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #23
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

The Subaru has a demand because it is the only car not AWD they offer. Basically all the designs of the grills, headlights, bumpers are in a downswing this Subaru generation. I'm not really into that car. The Scion does look better when you see one. The one guy I see regularly with the BRZ has gone custom, the rear looks funny, tho.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #24
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Lets see... I'll be turning 35 later this year, and my wife and I will be celebrating our 11 year anniversary as well. We never did go on a honeymoon, because back then we could not afford it, but for the last few years the plan was to go back to Croatia for our 10 year anniversary (which would have been last year). Well... my wife got pregnant and gave birth to our third child very early last year, so it was put on hold. Now the plan is to go sometime next year, so we're both looking forward to that.

We had been living in WI for around seven years, but almost three years ago we moved back to MI when my wife landed a somewhat nicer, but far less stressful job. I was fortunate enough to actually keep my job, as a web programmer, because I always worked from home and my boss didn't really have a problem with me moving.

This summer will mark our second year in our first actual house. We love the house, but we have lots of upgrades and renovations we want to do to it (and are in the middle of a couple things right now), so it's a little stressful... That's the price you pay when you buy a house built around 1901, but we knew what we were getting into. Once these next couple things are done we'll probably take a break to actually enjoy the place... before we start ripping out some other rooms
Old April 17th, 2015, 12:58 PM   #25
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
And you've got a few of us nearby, so it's not all positives.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: