ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old October 20th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #151
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 28
Games Wanted: 0
It's interesting that someone just dug up this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
No way the PS3 drops for more than $399.
And from the Wii price-bashing thread:
Quote:
Bang for your buck, the 360 and PS3 are better bargains, IMO.
The least expensive PS3 is $100 over your old "no way" price so how is it a better bargain than anything?
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #152
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Christ, this isn't a complex concept.

$250 nets you outdated hardware, no hard drive, shitty 3rd party support, and the same Nintendo licenses that have been milked for years.

$500 nets you a powerful system with free online play, a hard drive, and extensive (and arguably unbeatable) 3rd party support. Oh, and a freaking Blu-Ray drive...you know, the things that sell for $1000 by themselves.

Where's that dingleberry remover?
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #153
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
It's interesting that someone just dug up this thread.
I brought it up because I completely forgot how everyone was complaining about the 360's $399 price tag.

Only a little over a year later, the price doesn't seem so high now.
Old October 20th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #154
MiaBran

MiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 44
Send a message via AIM to MiaBran Send a message via MSN to MiaBran Send a message via Yahoo to MiaBran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
I brought it up because I completely forgot how everyone was complaining about the 360's $399 price tag.

Only a little over a year later, the price doesn't seem so high now.
jag is bringing sexy back.... well.... conflict anyway

Persistence is having the same goal over and over.
MiaBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #155
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Christ, this isn't a complex concept.
I know it's not complex, but it's funny.

It's entertaining to push your buttons and try to get you to admit that you were being your usual pig-headded self when you proclaimed "No way the PS3 drops for more than $399" now that $500's ok by you. Which is FINE, but what's ironic is that you're foaming at the mouth about Nintendo daring to charge $250 for their new system.

As you put it, you're being "extremely whiney" about the Wii's price and it's entertaining.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:18 AM   #156
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I know it's not complex, but it's funny.

It's entertaining to push your buttons and try to get you to admit that you were being your usual pig-headded self when you proclaimed "No way the PS3 drops for more than $399" now that $500's ok by you. Which is FINE, but what's ironic is that you're foaming at the mouth about Nintendo daring to charge $250 for their new system.

As you put it, you're being "extremely whiney" about the Wii's price and it's entertaining.
First off, I didn't put it that way, cause I don't spell "whiny" with an 'e.'

Second, I never once said that $500 is OK by me. This is corroborated by the fact that I have no intention of buying the system for that price. I simply said that $500 represents a better bargain than the $250 Wii, since the consumers that purchase the PS3 get significantly more for their money, IMO.

The point that you clearly don't get is that the absolute cost is irrelevant. $500 is just fine if you get $500 of functionality out of it, while $250 is unacceptable if it doesn't provide $250 of functionality. Yes, I was wrong about Sony's pricing, but that too, is irrelevant.

Let me break it down real simple-like for you: Little Joey doesn't see a problem with paying 100 pennies for 100 pieces of penny candy. Little Joey will not, however, pay 50 pennies for 25 pieces of penny candy, even though the absolute cost is lower. Little Joey doesn't want to pay 2 pennies for 1 penny worth of goods. Simple economics.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:56 AM   #157
MiaBran

MiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 44
Send a message via AIM to MiaBran Send a message via MSN to MiaBran Send a message via Yahoo to MiaBran
Quote:
First off, I didn't put it that way, cause I don't spell "whiny" with an 'e.'

Second, I never once said that $500 is OK by me. This is corroborated by the fact that I have no intention of buying the system for that price. I simply said that $500 represents a better bargain than the $250 Wii, since the consumers that purchase the PS3 get significantly more for their money, IMO.

The point that you clearly don't get is that the absolute cost is irrelevant. $500 is just fine if you get $500 of functionality out of it, while $250 is unacceptable if it doesn't provide $250 of functionality. Yes, I was wrong about Sony's pricing, but that too, is irrelevant.

Let me break it down real simple-like for you: Little Joey doesn't see a problem with paying 100 pennies for 100 pieces of penny candy. Little Joey will not, however, pay 50 pennies for 25 pieces of penny candy, even though the absolute cost is lower. Little Joey doesn't want to pay 2 pennies for 1 penny worth of goods. Simple economics.
You do realize you're arguing with DG right?

Persistence is having the same goal over and over.
MiaBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM   #158
DG

Quote:
Yea, it's simple if the candy's the same.

But if you need to have everything that simple in your world, that's fine. But I don't think it is that simple to you or you wouldn't be ranting in the Nintendo forum about it.
Old October 21st, 2006, 07:08 PM   #159
Pahn

I'm ranting about it?

I just think it's an underpowered piece of kit. You and that other guy can't seem to understand how something that costs less can be a poorer value.

And the candies ARE the same, because they're symbols for system value.

But it's all gravy, man. Enjoy your PS2 (about damn time).
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #160
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty funny looking back on this thread and realizing the 360 has pretty much only dropped $100 in almost 7 years.
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #161
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
How are they selling anyways?

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #162
bigloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
How are they selling anyways?
360 has been the best selling console in North America for something like 18 straight months. But it's basically dead in Japan, and only doing so-so in Europe.
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #163
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
360 has been the best selling console in North America for something like 18 straight months. But it's basically dead in Japan, and only doing so-so in Europe.
That can all be attributed to COD probably.

Would be interesting if MS was able to find out a way to Sign an exclusive rights to the COD franchise on xbox720, it would pretty much end Sony having a shot.

MS has the money to do it, while i don't think Sony does.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #164
bigloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
That can all be attributed to COD probably.

Would be interesting if MS was able to find out a way to Sign an exclusive rights to the COD franchise on xbox720, it would pretty much end Sony having a shot.

MS has the money to do it, while i don't think Sony does.
Rumor has it that last month Vivendi, Activision-Blizzard's (World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Starcraft, Diablo, etc) parent company went to Microsoft and offered them majority ownership of Activision/Blizzard and Microsoft didn't bite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: