ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old September 9th, 2017, 09:08 AM   #1
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 104
Games Wanted: 0
Hurricane Irma

Fellow Florida Bros., be careful out there.
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #2
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Thanks.

I'm about 50 miles east of Tampa, so we are going to get it pretty hard here. I boarded up some of the windows today. I didn't plan on doing it, but my neighbor had some left over and offered me it. I couldn't turn down the offer, so he helped me do the the windows in the back.

I never thought of leaving because of how far in we are. If I was down south in Miami (just made me think of defmatrix), then I would have gone up north.

Hopefully it isn't too bad and the worse case scenario is my privacy fence coming down. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost some shingles from my roof either. I'm really hoping the tree in the back holds up, because it would hit some of the house.

Overall I feel pretty good. The only thing I really hate is my neighbors left their pontoon boat in their driveway, next to my house, and the only thing holding it is a strap from the privacy fence post. I'm sure it's going to break, and once it does, I think it's going to flip into their garage or roll into the house of the people living in front of them. I just hope that thing doesn't come at my house, because it's like 12' from it.

We'll see how it goes. I'm sure we'll lose power, but once we get it back I'll upload some pics.

Everyone else in FL, stay safe!
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough

I hope it turns out well for you and everyone.

I'm about a mile or two from the coast on the east side in Palm Beach County. The winds still make me feel uneasy.

I came across this link full of webcams if anyone is curious. Some of them are down now, of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Irma/commen...ms_in_florida/
Old September 10th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #4
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I'll probably jinx us, but as of 12:30 we still have power. We have gotten lots of heavy wind and crazy amount of tornadoes and funnels have been sighted around our area.

We're okay so far though.
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:25 PM   #5
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I hope you guys are alright. Keep us updated.
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #6
SmAsHeD IxNaY

8:10pm update:

Still have power, but the eye is getting closer, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost power soon. Lots of people around us have already lost power. The next 4 hours is the worse for us. I thought it was windy earlier, but now the wind is really picking up. I plan on staying up, till its gone.
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #7
Shinobi128

It's a Cat 2 now, which is a little better.

I believe I already went through the worst part of it in my area. Winds are "only" around 50mph now and should get slower through the night over here.

Knock on wood I haven't lost power.
Old September 10th, 2017, 09:09 PM   #8
SmAsHeD IxNaY

Shit, I think the storm changed course and the eye is coming over us. It's nasty as heck outside
Old September 11th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #9
SmAsHeD IxNaY

No power and some neighbors trees fell on a few sections of my privacy fence and took them down. I had a few shingles blow off, but only a few, so we got lucky. My neighbors across the street had a tree split in two and land on each of their houses causing roof leaks.

I'm really glad this only hit us as a 1, borderline 2. Hopefully power won't take too long to come back.
Old September 11th, 2017, 07:54 PM   #10
Shinobi128

I glad it weakened.

Oddly enough, I lost power about 8:30 this morning, well after the storm, for about two hours. I assume the power company was working on getting it back up for the rest of the neighborhood.

Thankfully, no major damage. The gutter got bent down and a few shingles flew off. Lot's of broken tree limbs.

I've been seeing here and there that power companies were driving all the way from California to help out. Hopefully it will be up before you know it.
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #11
SmAsHeD IxNaY

Two days later, I finally have power! Man it is nice to have a home with AC again, lol.

I'm going to invest in a generator that can run the whole house. I might even look into one of those that are propane and run the whole house. I was okay without power, but I felt bad for my kids not having AC because they couldn't understand what truly happened.

Glad you you made it out okay. Two people I work with said they lost power Monday morning also, which was weird.

In my area at work I have roughly 80 schools, and 66 have no power, with even more having no AC even if power works. Orange County just needs to close schools till Monday and get everything fixed. It will suck to make these days up, but you can't help it when it was a natural disaster that did this.
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:20 AM   #12
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I have two cousins who live in FL (in two different locations). One of them had posted three days ago that their power still hadn't been "completely restored." The other cousin had work being done to their garage when the storm rolled in, so some damage was done to it (since it had no roof at the time), but their house escaped any serious damage.

Glad to hear that you two didn't have any serious issues.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:28 PM   #13
Shinobi128

Puerto Rico.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: