ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old October 11th, 2002, 11:22 PM   #26
GaMeRgUrU

GaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enough
Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Thumbs up

Picked this up. Now I have three games in two days. Halo, Rallisport, and now NBA 2K3.

Since I haven't played any of the next generation basketball games, aside from nba 2k2 for the Dreamcast, this game is very good. Opitions gaylore, such as the street ball mode, finally you get to pick which players you want from DIFFERENT teams, such as ex. kobe, carter, payton, shaq, and chris dudley. Very sim oriented.

One thing nagging me about the rosters though, where's YAO MING. Does he have a contract with the Chinese government not allowing him to sign a videogame deal? The number one pick isn't in the game. Odd.

But, aside from that, this is a must have for any sim oriented basketball fans.
GaMeRgUrU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2002, 04:24 PM   #27
MiaBran

MiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 44
Send a message via AIM to MiaBran Send a message via MSN to MiaBran Send a message via Yahoo to MiaBran
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigg Russ
HOLY! NBA2K3 over Xbox Live is HOT!! Absolutely NO LAG! And The Krakken is correct, NBA 2K3 just might replace Madden 2003 as my most played sports title. It's that good!
My madden was replace by My NCAA 2003 (which I got before madden). I dunno, although madden is damn good.... Defense is just too frustrating to keep me playing. As for NBA2k3... I might, MIGHT pick it up once live drops.
MiaBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2002, 11:07 AM   #28
GaMeRgUrU

GaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Another nice addition is that when your player gets injuried, the next time he comes in he plays as if he's injuried. I had Jason Richardson with a sprain toe, and he came back in, limping throughout the game.

Get this game. The scores are very sim oriented during 12 minute games.
Old October 13th, 2002, 11:36 PM   #29
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 46
I'll do you one better than that, Gameguru.

Take a look at the shoes in the game.

MJ wears Jordans.

Tmac wears his Nike's and AI is wearing his shoes. Everyone is wearing their respective shoes if they have an endorsement.

Now you won't see the trademarks (swoosh, etc), but the shoes look Identical otherwise.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2002, 12:33 AM   #30
GaMeRgUrU

Quote:
Originally posted by The Krakken
I'll do you one better than that, Gameguru.

Take a look at the shoes in the game.

MJ wears Jordans.

Tmac wears his Nike's and AI is wearing his shoes. Everyone is wearing their respective shoes if they have an endorsement.

Now you won't see the trademarks (swoosh, etc), but the shoes look Identical otherwise.
Sweet shit. I thought Jordan had some of his old school jordan's on. But, didn't really give till you noticed it. You should play with Larry Bird, he's a 3 machine, shit, one after another. You notice that there isn't YAO MING either? Man, what I wouldn't give to dunk on that beanpole. Oh well, Shawn Bradley will have to do for now.

I had a question, but can't remember the heck it was. I'll get back to you Krak. Peace out.
Old October 14th, 2002, 09:53 AM   #31
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
I created Yao for the time being.

I averaged his ratings out so that he rated in around 78 total. I can give you the ratings for him if you want....and don't worry, they are based on effective research, since I have kinda been tracking him, for the last 6-8 months.
Old October 14th, 2002, 10:14 AM   #32
GaMeRgUrU

Haha, it's all good, I didn't know you were into rookies. Did you create DMX look-a-like Steve Logan also? He's the no.1 pick of the second round.

Hey by the way, you played Madden and NFL2K3 right? Which one is more sim oriented, after playing NBA2K3, I've had a much more respect for sim oriented games. Never had this much fun since NBA Live 98 for Super Nintendo. That was the last game, I've played two on two, or three on three constantly.
Old October 14th, 2002, 12:15 PM   #33
GaMeRgUrU

Thumbs up

By the way, you can get your ratings info, if you didn't know already, at nbadraft.net There like nba draft junkies.
Old October 14th, 2002, 10:43 PM   #34
The Krakken

Quote:
Haha, it's all good, I didn't know you were into rookies.
I'm a chicago bulls fan. I have no choice.

Quote:
Did you create DMX look-a-like Steve Logan also? He's the no.1 pick of the second round.
Haven't gotten to it yet. It's a tedious process, and I kinda wanna wait until the rosters are finalized in real life next week.

Quote:
Hey by the way, you played Madden and NFL2K3 right?
Yes. And to answer your question, Madden would win to most people, but to me its a tie. If I had to rate them sim to arcade, I would rate madden 97/3 (sim/arcade), and NFL2k3 (97/3). But for some reason the players on madden still "slide", and EA still calls it "momentum" , also the players are just sucked into each catch, meaning I can throw to mcCaffrey 16 times a game, and 15 times he'll catch the ball, no matter who is on him. The only problem with 2k3 for me is that the game is a bit fast for a sim, though not nearly as fast as last year, and not MUCH faster than Madden.

Quote:
By the way, you can get your ratings info, if you didn't know already, at nbadraft.net There like nba draft junkies.
Yeah, I know, but ever since they made Dejuan Wagner into a GREAT SHOOTER , I don't trust them anymore.
Old October 15th, 2002, 07:49 PM   #35
GaMeRgUrU

LOL Tough break, I'm in the Bay Area in California, so I root for the Warriors.

Let us know which rookies you imported into your rosters. I heard those that has the ps2 version can download it via sharkport. And the xbox version is out on Live, I think, not quite sure, but neither version has YAO MING since he hasn't signed his contract yet.

I'll think about picking up Madden then, since I haven't had a decent Madden game since Madden 99.

Well, you got a point there, but he can sure rack up some points in a hurry. Not sure about him being a star however. He's got poor shot selection, but he's scorer. Maybe that's what they meant, miswording of him as a GREAT SHOOTER.

Last edited by GaMeRgUrU : October 15th, 2002 at 07:51 PM.
Old October 15th, 2002, 10:02 PM   #36
The Krakken

Quote:
Well, you got a point there, but he can sure rack up some points in a hurry. Not sure about him being a star however. He's got poor shot selection, but he's scorer. Maybe that's what they meant, miswording of him as a GREAT SHOOTER.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Also, am I the only one who thinks that C. Duhon might be a little too slow for the NBA game at the offensive end? He reminds me of Bj armstrong with MUCH better D.
Old October 18th, 2002, 04:35 AM   #37
GaMeRgUrU

Quote:
Originally posted by The Krakken

I couldn't have said it better myself. Also, am I the only one who thinks that C. Duhon might be a little too slow for the NBA game at the offensive end? He reminds me of Bj armstrong with MUCH better D.
Sorry for the late reply, but I had to reinstall my computer. OS problems. Duke players are so overrated. Look at where's William Avery. And Wo-Jo. What trades have you made in the game, other then the Stack for Hamilton trade. Anything else, I should note? Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2002, 08:11 PM   #38
The Krakken

Yeah, but I can't remember.

As for duke players, this is the one time I think (and hope) you are wrong. After all, we just drafted a highly rated pG.

I'll tell you about the trades in a while...
Old October 20th, 2002, 12:01 AM   #39
GaMeRgUrU

Alright, thanks a lot man. Take your time with the trades.
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #40
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
HOLY! NBA2K3 over Xbox Live is HOT!! Absolutely NO LAG! And The Krakken is correct, NBA 2K3 just might replace Madden 2003 as my most played sports title. It's that good!
LMMFAO!! 2K had only just begun to program.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: