ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old February 14th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #1
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 77
Games Wanted: 61
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
RE5 Sucks

Ya I played about 15 minutes with my girl friend and I wanted to strangle her from control frustration.

How the fuck do you deal with such shitty control's for an action. ?

Especially playing this after playing DS I don't think I can do it.

Just fucking terrible. Who the hell signed off on this ?
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #2
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 180
Games Wanted: 0
Did you play and enjoy previous Resident Evil games? They are not known for having great controls.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
The game is nice, it just sounds like you suck at it. My girlfriend loves RE5. She doesn't have a problem with the controls at all, and she's barely a novice gamer.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #4
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
RE's controls, historically, are the WORST part of the franchise. It amazes me why they never bothered to change 'em.
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #5
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
RE's controls, historically, are the WORST part of the franchise. It amazes me why they never bothered to change 'em.
so true

if you play it alot you get used to it and enjoy the game, but if you don't play the franchise regularly , holy shit it's fucking beyond terrible
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:44 AM   #6
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
It is tough at first but once it clicks, you will be fine. I loved it BTW. Finished it on veteran but never got around to going through it on professional. I played it last month for shits and giggles but forced myself to stop as I have too many other games to play right now and so little time.

Give it a bit.
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #7
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts
Games Owned: 0

threeleggedcow
You get used to the controls afer awhile but the story really never got a hold of me. That and spending too much time looking for ammo and health.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Weren't RE4 and RE5's controls purposely made to feel "constricted" to give the player a sense of panic when surrounded by enemies or running away and whatnot? I thought I read that somewhere.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #9
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
You get used to the controls afer awhile but the story really never got a hold of me. That and spending too much time looking for ammo and health.
Did we play the same game? Ammo was EVERYWHERE. Every f'n enemy either dropped a clip of ammo or a chest of gold.

The boss fights were decent, but the game just felt way too linear.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #10
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
The game is nice, it just sounds like you suck at it. My girlfriend loves RE5. She doesn't have a problem with the controls at all, and she's barely a novice gamer.
It's not that it was hard. It was frustrating because how terrible it is. The game looks like fun until you actually have to control it. There's no reason for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
I have never played a RE game more then the first level. I really wanted to give it a shot this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
so true

if you play it alot you get used to it and enjoy the game, but if you don't play the franchise regularly , holy shit it's fucking beyond terrible
I know that's what it is. Not to mention I've been playing Dead Space so it makes the contrast of the two controls stand out that much more.

But again there's no reason why Capcom cant make solid controls for this game. You shouldn't make a game more challenging by making the controls shitty. That's bullshit.

I'll finish Dead Space 2 and then wait until DS is no longer fresh in my mind. Maybe at that point the controls wont frustrate me that much. RE really does look like a fun game.

Capcom you really should change them next time around.

Last edited by krazy : February 14th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #11
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
I have never played a RE game more then the first level. I really wanted to give a shot this time.
Go back and play RE2. You won't be disappointed. Seriously.
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #12
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
The controls in Dead Space 2 are so similar, but such an improvement to the RE4/RE5 control scheme that it's probably tough playing RE5, just after playing Dead Space 2.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
It's not that it was hard. It was frustrating because how terrible it is. The game looks like fun until you actually have to control it. There's no reason for it.

I have never played a RE game more then the first level. I really wanted to give it a shot this time.

I know that's what it is. Not to mention I've been playing Dead Space so it makes the contrast of the two controls stand out that much more.

But again there's no reason why Capcom cant make solid controls for this game. You shouldn't make a game more challenging by making the controls shitty. That's bullshit.

I'll finish Dead Space 2 and then wait until DS is no longer fresh in my mind. Maybe at that point the controls wont frustrate me that much. RE really does look like a fun game.

Capcom you really should change them next time around.
The Dead Space series shits all over Resident Evil.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #14
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
The Dead Space series shits all over Resident Evil.
Pretty much a fact at this point.
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #15
krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
Pretty much a fact at this point.
It got me to finish my first survival horror game.
Old February 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #16
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

threeleggedcow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
Did we play the same game? Ammo was EVERYWHERE. Every f'n enemy either dropped a clip of ammo or a chest of gold.
Sorry, I don't play on uber easy.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #17
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
Sorry, I don't play on uber easy.
You don't have to; there's ammo everywhere on that game. Honestly, I've never run out of ammo in any Resident Evil game. You'd have to be missing left and right, and unloading into every enemy you see for that to happen.

And I don't think anything is wrong with the controls in Resident Evil games. It's just not what a lot of people dig, but they work very well for the style of games that Resident Evil are. I've never played Dead Space, so I don't know what the controls are like. Hopefully they're as good as you guys are saying.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : February 16th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #18
bigloser

Quote:
You don't have to; there's ammo everywhere on that game. Honestly, I've never run out of ammo in any Resident Evil game. You'd have to be missing left and right, and unloading into every enemy you see for that to happen.

And I don't think anything is wrong with the controls in Resident Evil games. It's just not what a lot of people dig, but they work very well for the style of games that Resident Evil are. I've never played Dead Space, so I don't know what the controls are like. Hopefully they're as good as you guys are saying.
If you like horror games at all (which I know you do), you owe it to yourself to play Dead Space.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #19
Ibe6yoube9

threeleggedcow
Quote:
You don't have to; there's ammo everywhere on that game.
I wasn't being serious. I actually did play on easy, lol. If it wasn't ammo it was health. The game was boring without those flaws.
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Aeon Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
If you like horror games at all (which I know you do), you owe it to yourself to play Dead Space.
Yeah, I love survival horror games. I have Dead Space, I just never got around to playing it, yet. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend.
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #21
krazy

Quote:
Yeah, I love survival horror games. I have Dead Space, I just never got around to playing it, yet. I think I'll give it a shot this weekend.
You really should. I have never liked the genre but Dead Space won me over. Just dont fight it like I did. It will all be over soon enough lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: