ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

View Poll Results: Pre-order a Xbox One?
Yes, Absolutely, No Doubt 7 21.21%
No, Never, Absolutely Not, When Hell Freezes Over – likely not then either 15 45.45%
Maybe, Will Think About It 3 9.09%
Screw Xbox One, PS4 All the Way 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #51
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Also, Forza 5 was confirmed by the devs that it includes NO night, weather system, storefront, or an auction house. LOL!!!

Welcome to next-gen on Xbone.
Didn't the first Madden on 360 ship with very few features? This shit seems somewhat typical, or at least not completely unique, and is one reason why I'm not a launch window purchaser.
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #52
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Didn't the first Madden on 360 ship with very few features? This shit seems somewhat typical, or at least not completely unique, and is one reason why I'm not a launch window purchaser.
Yeah, it's definitely a time issue. Microsoft probably told them it has to ship at launch no matter the cost or else they would lose some huge bonus payout or something.

Still, you'd think stuff like adding night and weather isn't too difficult, and all of this stuff was in previous games so it's pretty disappointing they are cutting corners for launch.

The game does look super sexy running at 60 FPS, though.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #53
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2030
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
The show floor impressions of Crimson Dragon are awful, as are they for Ryse.

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.
thank god - Crimson Dragon will be killer when its done - no doubt.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #54
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
thank god - Crimson Dragon will be killer when its done - no doubt.
…that's what I'm hoping, all of the Panzer Dragoon games are brilliant and it's the developer behind Crimson Dragon.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #55
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 690
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
You think they would have realized this after seeing how bad that star wars game was from last year, my god was that terrible, it seems they scraped the entire game.
You mean this game?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/...ar-wars-review
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #56
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
*SIGH*

Just pre-ordered both via Amazon.

Don't judge me.
Old June 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #57
Mordrid

Mordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 94

mordrid01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
*SIGH*

Just pre-ordered both
Don't judge me.

JUDGED

Originally posted by Moon Tears:

I likely wouldn't do anything that harmed anyone ELSE or a ethnic collective (i.e. sing and dance eating watermelons and sh*t) for that price however.

~Peace!~
Mordrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #58
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Went and paid for my preorder today...Still not 100%sure on what games I'm getting. Battlefield and probably NBA 2k14 at first for sure. Maybe Ryse.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #59
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
The show floor impressions of Crimson Dragon are awful, as are they for Ryse.

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Why, a person would start to think that maybe, just maybe, people don't want to be force fed stupid motion controls.
I know Microsoft wanted to include Kinect with every Xbox One, so that unlike the Xbox 360 and Kinect, everybody has one, and developers can support the thing without worrying about only reaching a small portion of the user-base. However, I still think they should have made it optional, and part of a separate bundle... Mainly to keep costs down (especially now that we see the One is $100 bucks more than the PS4), but also because it's clearly not been much of a benefit for hardcore games.

Anyway, the news about Forza lacking those features really sucks. This would be one of the launch titles I'd probably get.
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #60
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
Went and paid for my preorder today...Still not 100%sure on what games I'm getting. Battlefield and probably NBA 2k14 at first for sure. Maybe Ryse.
Most definitely!!
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #61
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
Most definitely!!
I am a little worried though that 2K hasn't shown anything from the next-gen version other than Lebron talking to himself...Although, I'm sure that they could let their kids work on it and it'll still end up being better than Live. I will probably grab one of Fifa or Madden too, as long as they aren't too stripped down. But from what I've heard, Fifa has had the majority of their staff working on the Next-gen version for the last year and a half, and a very small staff working on current gen.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #62
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
I am a little worried though that 2K hasn't shown anything from the next-gen version other than Lebron talking to himself...Although, I'm sure that they could let their kids work on it and it'll still end up being better than Live. I will probably grab one of Fifa or Madden too, as long as they aren't too stripped down. But from what I've heard, Fifa has had the majority of their staff working on the Next-gen version for the last year and a half, and a very small staff working on current gen.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember their transition from Xbox to 360, as I played both versions to see if there was a difference. There was. If the games are the same with regards to playability and they cost the same, I might as well go with the Xbox One/PS4 version.
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #63
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

BizzyBum
Never buy sports games at launch for a new system...
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #64
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Madden 25 will be feature complete on next-gen platforms, Tiburon already said so. How are they performing this magical feat?... I dunno, but supposedly it's running on a brand new engine, but it doesn't look like it to me, guess we'll see.

NBA 2K14 will be fine as well. NBA 2k6 launched fully featured on the 360 because it used the same engine. Sure we'll see the same.
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM   #65
Vid Gamer

BizzyBum
Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #66
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I've never pre-ordered a game or game console, and I doubt I ever will. With a backlog like mine and no interest in online gaming, it's a complete waste of money.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM   #67
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future
Games Owned: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.
Well, we know you are single!
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM   #68
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
NOt sure which one i'm getting but i have both systems preordered, i'll probably resell both for a big profit.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #69
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Freakish Mind
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
it's a complete waste of money.

I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #70
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
It pretty much has nothing I want to play coming out on it. At least not announced.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM   #71
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2030
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
I have a few games preordered for Xbox One...

Battlefield 4 LE
Dead Rising 3
Destiny
Titanfall
Forza 5 LE

For the PS4 preordered these games...

Drive Club
Killzone 4
Knack

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #72
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.
I said that it's a waste of money for me to get it at launch BECAUSE of my current library.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM   #73
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Will there be a demand for these things come november?

I feel there will be thx to COD and BF.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #74
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
They will sell briskly. All the drama will be forgotten.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #75
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road
Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
I've never been one to pre-order things and that's not about to change here. Getting the Xbox One and PS4 sometime after launch when they're more readily available. The Xbox One being region-free for gaming is a huge relief!
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: