ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old April 18th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
My Easter Basket 2017

Yoshi egg theme this year. I wasn't expecting a console at all, so I was surprised to get a Nintendo Switch. I also got a bunch of Nintendo swag, like an item box lamp that makes coin sounds when you turn it on and off.

I made the other half a kitty basket, with a pair of those light up cat ears head phones, a bunch of giraffe stuff and a Betsey Johnson bag.

I appreciate getting the Switch, but I don't know what's really worth getting besides Breath of the Wild and Bomberman. The accessories (like the larger controller and additional dock) are crazy expensive.
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #2
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 104
Games Wanted: 0
Thumbs up

Always fun to see your baskets.
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really nice

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
I appreciate getting the Switch, but I don't know what's really worth getting besides Breath of the Wild and Bomberman. The accessories (like the larger controller and additional dock) are crazy expensive.
BotW is worth the price of admission alone, it's that good. Bomberman is average, obviously more fun if you have people to play locally, online is laggy. If you want something to play with the wife then Snipperclips is ace off the eShop. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris comes out next week. Some other eShop games are good, too: Fast RMX, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, a bunch of Neo Geo games, Blaster Master Zero, Voez (touch screen rhythm game).

The Pro Controller is expensive but so worth it, IMO. Much more comfortable than the joycons.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #4
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Mario Kart 8 is a must (re)buy. Puyo Puyo Tetris I'll also pick up at some point.

I'very heard people saying good things aboit this Snipperclips game, but have no idea what it's about and can't be assed to look into it.

I suppose I'll have to look into some of these eShop games.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Awesome, as always!
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:48 PM   #6
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really nice

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
I'very heard people saying good things aboit this Snipperclips game, but have no idea what it's about and can't be assed to look into it.
There's a demo on the eShop.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #7
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
I need to finish BOTW, i have unlocked all 4 guys, now I just need to go take down ganon, just haven't been motivated to turn it on....maybe tonight.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to sell it after I beat it. Just not a fan of any of the games, I figure I can it again this fall when mario comes out.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #8
Aeon Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
I need to finish BOTW, i have unlocked all 4 guys, now I just need to go take down ganon, just haven't been motivated to turn it on....maybe tonight.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to sell it after I beat it. Just not a fan of any of the games, I figure I can it again this fall when mario comes out.
You a Mario Kart player? Because there's that in a few days.
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #9
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 393
Games Wanted: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
BotW is worth the price of admission alone, it's that good. Bomberman is average, obviously more fun if you have people to play locally, online is laggy. If you want something to play with the wife then Snipperclips is ace off the eShop. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris comes out next week. Some other eShop games are good, too: Fast RMX, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, a bunch of Neo Geo games, Blaster Master Zero, Voez (touch screen rhythm game).

The Pro Controller is expensive but so worth it, IMO. Much more comfortable than the joycons.
...this plus Mr. Shifty, The Binding of Issac, I Am Setsuna, Has Been Heroes, Graceful Explosion Machine, and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap are worth checking out imo.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: