ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Z_E_R_O
Registered User
 
Z_E_R_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 8,648
Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light


Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
So I got the Black Friday Gs3 deal........

....holy shit this thing is awesome. Cannot put it down. Best fiddy bucks I can remember spending. BUT...I am a Linux user and can't get down. Using openSuse, can't even transfer over files. The root tutorials are not working...fortunately, tho, the thing is still completely 100% incredible. The stock sound quality on this thing streaming from Play is just great. Thing is loud.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Exodus
Registered User
 
Exodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 10,558
Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of


Games Owned: 116
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
....holy shit this thing is awesome. Cannot put it down. Best fiddy bucks I can remember spending. BUT...I am a Linux user and can't get down. Using openSuse, can't even transfer over files. The root tutorials are not working...fortunately, tho, the thing is still completely 100% incredible. The stock sound quality on this thing streaming from Play is just great. Thing is loud.
So apparently the SGS3 is formatted differently than the SGS2, and as such, cannot be used as a mass storage device. It only supports MTP. So, here's the workaround. You'll need a wireless network at home, and your desktop set to share files.

-Install ES File Manager
-Open the app, and tap the top left where it says "local." Select "LAN."
-From here, select the "new" button, and then "scan."
-Once it detects the devices on your network, select the device that you want to import files from.
-From your SGS3, you can now navigate any shared folders from your desktop, and copy them over to the phone and/or MicroSD to your heart's content.

Last edited by Exodus : November 25th, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Z_E_R_O
Registered User
 
Z_E_R_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 8,648
Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light


Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
So apparently the SGS3 is formatted differently than the SGS2, and as such, cannot be used as a mass storage device. It only supports MTP. So, here's the workaround. You'll need a wireless network at home, and your desktop set to share files.

-Install ES File Manager
-Open the app, and tap the top left where it says "local." Select "LAN."
-From here, select the "new" button, and then "scan."
-Once it detects the devices on your network, select the device that you want to import files from.
-From your SGS3, you can now navigate any shared folders from your desktop, and copy them over to the phone and/or MicroSD to your heart's content.
Yes, one of the few workarounds. But I do not have Wi-Fi at home. There is a tough one for USB that uses a pretty harsh set of commands, I am not up for it, yet. Uses mtfs, I think. My Linux skills are waaay off. But apparantly the sG3 has the same problems with the microSD card. I knew about the internal but I was like fuck it, I'll just use the card, LOL.
I find it to be a major inconvenience, but nothing to stop me from a purchase. So maybe someone thinking about a purchase can be aware, too. But it looks like a two second job in Windows.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4
SmAsHeD IxNaY
Moderator
 
SmAsHeD IxNaY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 22,047
SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute


Games Owned: 78
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I got my wife the Note 2 about a month ago. That thing is awesome. She was going to get the S3, but the Note 2 is like an S3, but on steroids, IMO. I was going to be up in the air about getting an S3 next month, but I'm going to get a Note 2 instead since I won't be able to get a deal like that.
__________________
SmAsHeD IxNaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Z_E_R_O
Registered User
 
Z_E_R_O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 8,648
Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light


Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
I got my wife the Note 2 about a month ago. That thing is awesome. She was going to get the S3, but the Note 2 is like an S3, but on steroids, IMO. I was going to be up in the air about getting an S3 next month, but I'm going to get a Note 2 instead since I won't be able to get a deal like that.
I don't know. If it were me one Note2 in them house would be enough. SG3 with Jellybean is bad ass. Would have to have one of each. I think the deal will be back around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.