ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old November 15th, 2000, 02:51 PM   #1
sarsco

sarsco is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Post NTSC and PAL

If I take my Dreamcast + games - which I've bought in the US - to Europe and try to play 'em there, what will happen?

I'm pretty sure it won't work because of the whole 'ntsc & pal'-thing. How can I fix this?

------------------
sarsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2000, 04:30 PM   #2
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
S.O.L.

Well, there is a way. But you'd need a converter of some sort. You should contact NCS to find out more.

Bigg Russ

------------------
THE BIGG GAMING FORUM

The BIGG forum for BIGG gamers! Brand new!
Old May 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #3
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 31
I have 4 different bootup discs, so thats all you need. I plan on picking up a rare dreamcast game from this import store around my way, i will let yall know what it is , when i get it. They also have some rare saturn games, still looking for a saturn tho, and no i dont plan on buying one from ebay, might make it my last choice if i run out of choices.
U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #4
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ
S.O.L.

Well, there is a way. But you'd need a converter of some sort. You should contact NCS to find out more.

Bigg Russ

As Russ said, you'll need an NTSC>PAL converter to have your system run on a PAL television. However, you won't need any step-downs for your power supply. The Dreamcast supports 100-240V and 50/60hz. The XBox is the only modern system I've seen that uses different power supplies across the ocean.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
I think he got back from Europe four and a half years ago.
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:27 PM   #6
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooreberg
Busted.

+rep.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:35 PM   #7
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooreberg
And hasn't posted since. Talk about taking the information and running!
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: