ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Seriously, fuck smokers....

a few people at work were all pissy today because our company decided to start enforcing a ban on smoking on company property. So they had to walk about 100 ft or so to smoke (it was -26 out today). They were acting all indignant and bitching about their "rights". I started a big fight when I got sick of their constant, idiotic whining and told them that they are smokers so they have no fucking rights. If you dont like it, stop smoking. Its fucking choice not a medical condition.

I honestly have zero sympathy for smokers. Especially these uppity ones who act like they are Rosa Parks being told to go to the back of the bus because they arent allowed to smoke in places they want to smoke in. If you chose to partake in a gross and unhealthy habit thats your problem. Deal with the consequences or quit. If it were up to me you would all be forced to quit by law. You wanna call me a communist for it then Dasvidanya, Comrade.

[/rant]

Last edited by speKtor : November 22nd, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:31 PM   #2
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
-26 LMAO, I think it's funny as shit when I watch someone go outside to have a smoke and have to freeze their ass off....Really is it really worth it. I hate when I'm chilling out in my car at work and a smoker pulled and and parks right alongside me. Are the workers allowed to smoke in their cars?
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:17 AM   #3
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
Whiny cigarette smokers are worse than whiny potheads. They get so upset that they are no longer allowed to smoke in areas that they never should have allowed smoking in the first place. Go piss on their leg, see how they like it.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
a few people at work were all pissy today because our company decided to start enforcing a ban on smoking on company property. So they had to walk about 100 ft or so to smoke (it was -26 out today). They were acting all indignant and bitching about their "rights". I started a big fight when I got sick of their constant, idiotic whining and told them that they are smokers so they have no fucking rights. If you dont like it, stop smoking. Its fucking choice not a medical condition.

I honestly have zero sympathy for smokers. Especially these uppity ones who act like they are Rosa Parks being told to go to the back of the bus because they arent allowed to smoke in places they want to smoke in. If you chose to partake in a gross and unhealthy habit thats your problem. Deal with the consequences or quit. If it were up to me you would all be forced to quit by law. You wanna call me a communist for it then Dasvidanya, Comrade.

[/rant]
Personally, I would have blown smoke in your face and given you something to really throw your little temper tantrum about. You know how many non-smokers think people like you are douches?

They're being told to walk 100 feet away in -26 degree weather. Of course they're pissed.

Quote:
and told them that they are smokers so they have no fucking rights.
This is why the majority of non smokers think people like you are retarded. Of course they have rights. They haven't molested a child, and therefore are being told to stay 200 ft away from a school. They're going out for a smoke.

The funniest part to me about militant anti smoking people to me, is that they have no problem walking around a crowded downtown area and getting a face full of diesel smoke on every cross walk.

At the end of the day, requesting that smokers not smoke in the area around entry and exit doors is perfectly fine. Give people the opportunity to not have to take a face full of smoke - I get it.

100 feet away from the building? Lmao

Until you buy an electric car, and do your part to save the rest of the planet from air pollution - who the hell are you?
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Personally, I would have blown smoke in your face and given you something to really throw your little temper tantrum about. You know how many non-smokers think people like you are douches?

They're being told to walk 100 feet away in -26 degree weather. Of course they're pissed.

This is why the majority of non smokers think people like you are retarded. Of course they have rights. They haven't molested a child, and therefore are being told to stay 200 ft away from a school. They're going out for a smoke.

The funniest part to me about militant anti smoking people to me, is that they have no problem walking around a crowded downtown area and getting a face full of diesel smoke on every cross walk.

At the end of the day, requesting that smokers not smoke in the area around entry and exit doors is perfectly fine. Give people the opportunity to not have to take a face full of smoke - I get it.

Until you buy an electric car, and do your part to save the rest of the planet from air pollution - who the hell are you?
Vehicle exhaust and smoking are not comparable in terms of health effects. In the US 60,000 people annually die prematurely from vehicle emissions. 443,000 die from smoking or second hand smoke.

http://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/re...ns/aag/osh.htm

http://dc.streetsblog.org/2013/10/22...yearly-in-u-s/
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM   #6
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally, I would have blown smoke in your face and given you something to really throw your little temper tantrum about.
And I would have punched you in the face. Seriously. No hyperbole, no internet tough guy act. I literally would punch you in the face if you did that.

Quote:
You know how many non-smokers think people like you are douches?

I dont care that they are pissed. Dont like it? Stop smoking. Simple as that. Its a fucking choice not an involuntary condition. Thats like me shooting myself in the foot on purpose then going around complaining that my foot hurts.

I also dont care if anyone thinks I'm a douche. Smoking is fucking gross and I dont want it even remotely near me. Even having to smell those fuckers once they come back inside is too much. They should have to be deloused and decontaminated before they are allowed to interact with the general public again.

Quote:

You're fucking kidding, right? Did you seriously just compare smoking to car exhaust? No one likes to breathe car exhaust but most non-retarded people can see that the benefits of the combustion engine far outweigh the downfalls. Please explain to me how smoking has even 1/1000th the benefit to civilization as the invention of the automobile? What justification do you have for the existence of smoking?

I swear smoking apologists are worse than gun nuts. You are defending something that has ZERO usefulness and ZERO benefit to society. Its only purpose to make you sick and die.

Quote:
Are the workers allowed to smoke in their cars?
If their car is one company property, technically no. But I think they let that slide as long as its far enough away from the building.

Last edited by speKtor : November 23rd, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM   #7
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Not allowing it on the property at all is pretty lame.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Fuck it, if it gets one person to quit, it's worth it.

Smoking is the dumbest thing ever. At least drinking will give you a buzz. Smoking just satisfies (very temporarily) the need for nicotine that it creates.

I think smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke in a house or vehicle with kids.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:14 PM   #9
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
I think smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke in a house or vehicle with kids.
I agree. I thought it was a law in NJ (for cars) but a quick Google search indicates it is not.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM   #10
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
I smoke, in designated areas. There are still plenty of places I'm allowed to smoke, even in public. Though if it's crowded or even uncrowded and in the presence of kids I dip around the corner. Even when it was -20, I mean, nobody wants to breath my vice.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Even being given the 100 feet is generous. They still get their breaks. They're going to twist it into something that benefits them....somehow, trust me. From experience, the smokers are always the most on break, unfair motherfuckers. Period! I get into smoke break fights at work weekly. It usually ends with "fuck you, I have worked all day while you smoked and I am going to the bathroom, smoke again when I come back in three minutes!"
99 out of 100 workplace smoke areas are fucked. Butts, drink trash, just be glad employers aren't choosing more no smoking rules across the board.
Basically, it's not even second hand smoke or how they smell like shit....it's the fact they act like they need it and it is some right. I hate you for being unproductive. The shit about smokers being more productive is some shit a smoker came up with. I was a heavy smoker, worked ten hours or more daily with no breaks. Fuck their breaks.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #12
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Quote:
And I would have punched you in the face. Seriously. No hyperbole, no internet tough guy act. I literally would punch you in the face if you did that.

I dont care that they are pissed. Dont like it? Stop smoking. Simple as that. Its a fucking choice not an involuntary condition. Thats like me shooting myself in the foot on purpose then going around complaining that my foot hurts.

I also dont care if anyone thinks I'm a douche. Smoking is fucking gross and I dont want it even remotely near me. Even having to smell those fuckers once they come back inside is too much. They should have to be deloused and decontaminated before they are allowed to interact with the general public again.

You're fucking kidding, right? Did you seriously just compare smoking to car exhaust? No one likes to breathe car exhaust but most non-retarded people can see that the benefits of the combustion engine far outweigh the downfalls. Please explain to me how smoking has even 1/1000th the benefit to civilization as the invention of the automobile? What justification do you have for the existence of smoking?

I swear smoking apologists are worse than gun nuts. You are defending something that has ZERO usefulness and ZERO benefit to society. Its only purpose to make you sick and die.

If their car is one company property, technically no. But I think they let that slide as long as its far enough away from the building.
Lol. You were the one who ran around with your little napoleon syndrome. I seriously would blow smoke in your face, for no other reason for acting like a little bitch.

Again - let me be clear: most non smokers don't care. They just don't want it in doorways and enclosed areas.

You crying like a bitch over someone else's life choice is entertainment. You make tree huggers look like saints.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM   #13
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

^Actually, no. They bitched about it. I can easily transcribe what they probably said, he got sick of them and told them to STFU. In the workplace, he is 100% correct.

Where does this tree hugging and blowing smoke in the face come from? You're either over thinking it or have issues.

You're not making sense! At work, fuck them. Seriously fuck them. Bumping into a random person smoking? It's a bit different. If you walk up and blow smoke in my face and act like "what you gonna do?!" there's another set of steps involved.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM   #14
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I was reminded of this:

Old November 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #15
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
They should just invest in E-cigs and smoke/vape indoors until their company bans that as well.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeJoe View Post
They should just invest in E-cigs and smoke/vape indoors until their company bans that as well.

This is huge in the military now.

Anyways, I also took smoke breaks whenever I wanted. Then again, I was in charge of my section and my whole schedule was mine. On salary it didn't matter, because I stayed until the daily mission was complete, or longer, regardless. I know that's not everyone, and at least in the military I was allowed to say,"hey, nobody is leaving the smoke pit until these butts and cans are cleaned up". I realize this isn't typical
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #17
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
-26 LMAO, I think it's funny as shit when I watch someone go outside to have a smoke and have to freeze their ass off....Really is it really worth it. I hate when I'm chilling out in my car at work and a smoker pulled and and parks right alongside me. Are the workers allowed to smoke in their cars?
Who hangs out in their car? DO you not have an office?

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
Who hangs out in their car? DO you not have an office?
Many people don't have an office.
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #19
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
Many people don't have an office.
even if you don't, i find that strange.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #20
Baron3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
even if you don't, i find that strange.
I eat lunch at my desk behind a wall of monitors. If my car wasn't 5 floors up in a parking garage half a mile away, I'd consider it.
Old November 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Z_E_R_O

I sometimes go outside and sit in my car. Listen to music, drink some beers....especially if it has snowed. I'll just fucking hang out in the car.

Old November 25th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #22
speKtor

Quote:
Lol. You were the one who ran around with your little napoleon syndrome. I seriously would blow smoke in your face, for no other reason for acting like a little bitch.

Again - let me be clear: most non smokers don't care. They just don't want it in doorways and enclosed areas.

You crying like a bitch over someone else's life choice is entertainment. You make tree huggers look like saints.
Are you retarded? Can you not read at all? They spent all day bitching about it and after like 6 hours of listening I finally told them to shut the fuck up and that somehow makes me a bitch with Napoleon Syndrome (I assume you meant Napoleon complex)?. That comment makes no sense at all. I think you need to google what that Napoleon Complex means. Jesus, even ZERO understood and he is drunk/high/insane.

And you can play e-thug all you want but I really doubt if you were face to face with me you would blow smoke in my face. In fact I doubt you would say anything at all to me. I'm not exactly a small guy and you sound like a typical keyboard warrior.

Last edited by speKtor : November 25th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #23
Z_E_R_O

Quote:
Are you retarded? Can you not read at all? They spent all day bitching about it and after like 6 hours of listening I finally told them to shut the fuck up and that somehow makes me a bitch with Napoleon Syndrome (I assume you meant Napoleon complex)?. That comment makes no sense at all. I think you need to google what that Napoleon Complex means. Jesus, even ZERO understood and he is drunk/high/insane.

And you can play e-thug all you want but I really doubt if you were face to face with me you would blow smoke in my face. In fact I doubt you would say anything at all to me. I'm not exactly a small guy and you sound like a typical keyboard warrior.
I'm actually high as fuck. Not to be all like corrective and shit.

Old November 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #24
notsofun28

notsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant future

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
I'm actually high as fuck. Not to be all like corrective and shit.
I don't think he was talking to you.
Old November 25th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #25
PHISIG

PHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the rough

Live!: NeutronBomb

Send a message via AIM to PHISIG Send a message via Yahoo to PHISIG
Show me where the bad smoker touched you...

Seriously the amount of butthurt towards smokers is ridiculous. It's their choice if they want to smoke..not yours so fuck off. I smoked for 20 years and quit. Not because I didn't like smoking but mainly to try and stick around as many years as I can for my son. People like you that are militant non smokers can climb a wall of dicks though. You're probably a raging alcoholic too aren't you?

Believe me, Jamal's not getting a $2000.00 toy. You must mean little Tommy, or Chip.
PHISIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: