ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Old January 16th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Teo aint gotta girlfrannnnd

Anyone reading that crap? that shit cray.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
I bet it comes out that he had a gay relationship with that Ronaiah guy, but was using the fake girlfriend as a disguise for the entire thing.

pretty fucked up, whatever the outcome is, you know that Teo played some part in it.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #3
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Haha Notre Dame an even bigger pretender than we all thought.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #4
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Why does everyone assume it was a gay relationship? lol i swear.

IMO it was a catfish, and pretty damn funny.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Te'o is full of shit and got busted. His story is too contradictory and inconsistent.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #6
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
Te'o is full of shit and got busted.
If he was part of it the question I have is why? I dont see what the end game/payoff was supposed to be.

You can say that it was done to raise his profile or draw attention but thats a pretty vague plan and alot of things that were outside their control had to go perfectly for that to actually work. Plus there are alot less risky/sleazy and easier ways to go about doing that than concocting a fake dying girlfriend.

Weirdest story I have seen since Tonya Harding knee capped that other bitch.

Last edited by speKtor : January 17th, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #7
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

This whole story is weird, but i'm not jumping to conclusions, we'll find out the details eventually.

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #8
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
This whole story is weird, but i'm not jumping to conclusions, we'll find out the details eventually.

He's gay and just hasn't come out yet. Once he comes out, He will drop down to a 3rd round pick. He just looks like a cockmonger. How's that for jumping to a conclusion?
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #9
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
If he was part of it the question I have is why? I dont see what the end game/payoff was supposed to be.

You can say that it was done to raise his profile or draw attention but thats a pretty vague plan and alot of things that were outside their control had to go perfectly for that to actually work. Plus there are alot less risky/sleazy and easier ways to go about doing that than concocting a fake dying girlfriend.

I don't think there is any question he was a part of it considering he and his dad are both on record stating that he met the girl in person multiple times. Only now are they claiming in was an online-only relationship.

Last edited by sven : January 17th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #10
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
He's gay and just hasn't come out yet. Once he comes out, He will drop down to a 3rd round pick. He just looks like a cockmonger. How's that for jumping to a conclusion?
Sounds like you wish you were him.

Old January 17th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #11
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven View Post
I don't think there is any question he was a part of it considering he and his dad are both on record stating that he met the girl in person multiple times. Only now are they claiming in was an online-only relationship.

Could be he was embarrassed about having an "online girlfriend" so they made up a story about meeting her assuming he would meet her eventually and not knowing that she didn't actually exist. I know a couple that met online and they tell everyone that they met at a concert because they are embarrassed to tell people they met online. Only a few of their close friends know the real story.

One of the Stanford players said that Te'o asked some them if they knew her (she supposedly went to Stanford). Why would he do that if he knew she was fake?

Like peter said there is alot of details to come out i think.

Last edited by speKtor : January 17th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #12
Erbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Could be he was embarrassed about having an "online girlfriend" so they made up a story about meeting her assuming he would meet her eventually and not knowing that she didn't actually exist. I know a couple that met online and they tell everyone that they met at a concert because they are embarrassed to tell people they met online. Only a few of their close friends know the real story.

One of the Stanford players said that Te'o asked some them if they knew her (she supposedly went to Stanford). Why would he do that if he knew she was fake?

Like peter said there is alot of details to come out i think.
I can understand the embarrassing aspect of it, but the stories in the news outlets and the fact that he knew the dude that supposedly did it...it's just too inconsistent with him being the victim. It doesn't fit. Did you read the Deadspin article?

Old January 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

I've just gone through a few stories about this - including the Deadspin article.

First I have an issue with the various media outlets and news sources that have been reporting on these "events" for the last few months. I mean how could a funeral for someone who didn't exist get coverage on ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc... were any of these guys doing any kind of sourcing whatsoever? Any fact checking? Were they basing everything on twitter feeds? I don't get that.

And if he was a part of it, and he may well have been, I'd think it would be better orchestrated without so many plot holes.

It's quite bizarre and I'm intrigued enough to follow along for awhile... I want to know what was going on.

And I dug the Catfish flick... but that's another discussion.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
lance armstrong's happy
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #15
Erbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault's Head View Post
I've just gone through a few stories about this - including the Deadspin article.

First I have an issue with the various media outlets and news sources that have been reporting on these "events" for the last few months. I mean how could a funeral for someone who didn't exist get coverage on ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc... were any of these guys doing any kind of sourcing whatsoever? Any fact checking? Were they basing everything on twitter feeds? I don't get that.
I don't really get that either. I actually read his Wiki page a while back when I heard they both died within the same day, but I didn't really know all the details and didnt think anything of it.

Quote:
And if he was a part of it, and he may well have been, I'd think it would be better orchestrated without so many plot holes.
On the contrary...I think if he wasn't in on it, it'd be much better orchestrated without so many plot holes. There are too many plot holes for me to believe he wasn't in on it.

Old January 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #16
PHISIG

PHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the rough

Live!: NeutronBomb

Send a message via AIM to PHISIG Send a message via Yahoo to PHISIG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
lance armstrong's happy

That was my first thought.

I think the dude is probably gay and this was his cover and things got out of hand. Just from reading the deadspin article it really seems like him and the Tuiasassoppo dude definitely know each other and I think they're maybe more than friends and this was a cover. Really that's about the only thing at this point that could save him from being labeled either a complete douche or a total idiot.

Believe me, Jamal's not getting a $2000.00 toy. You must mean little Tommy, or Chip.
PHISIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #17
Erbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISIG View Post
That was my first thought.

I think the dude is probably gay and this was his cover and things got out of hand. Just from reading the deadspin article it really seems like him and the Tuiasassoppo dude definitely know each other and I think they're maybe more than friends and this was a cover. Really that's about the only thing at this point that could save him from being labeled either a complete douche or a total idiot.
Yup, this, 100%. Just a matter of time before more details are released about who was behind this "hoax". They surely have phone records and text messages saved from the recipient.

Old January 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #18
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	424028_4907796609234_1770915948_n.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	7213  
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #19
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
There's something to be said for imaginary girlfriends...

...if Chris Rainey had one he'd still be a Steeler....

...and if Javon Belcher had one he'd still be alive.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #20
turningpoint

It doesn't make much sense to me, why would a gay guy go to Notre Dame?

I'd assume he'd go to stanford, so he's close to SF and the Left Coast.

Old January 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #21
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
It doesn't make much sense to me, why would a gay guy go to Notre Dame?

I'd assume he'd go to stanford, so he's close to SF and the Left Coast.
Are you trying to troll or are you really that retarded? You realize there are gay people everywhere, not just in San Fransisco right? Not to mention, if he really is trying to hide being gay, well, Notre Dame would be the perfect school to go to as a cover story, the only one that would be a better cover is Brigham Young.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #22
Jesus H Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
Are you trying to troll or are you really that retarded? You realize there are gay people everywhere, not just in San Fransisco right? Not to mention, if he really is trying to hide being gay, well, Notre Dame would be the perfect school to go to as a cover story, the only one that would be a better cover is Brigham Young.
lol fuck that was a funny post

sf haha
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #23
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
I'm sorry, but you just made me laugh.

Quote:
There's something to be said for imaginary girlfriends...

...if Chris Rainey had one he'd still be a Steeler....

...and if Javon Belcher had one he'd still be alive.
This also did, but I was shaking my head.

Last edited by Razor : January 18th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #24
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #25
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagmere View Post
You could also have a photo of Manti's right hand as 'his girlfriend'
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: