ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Old September 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #51
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
So exactly what signals were the Patriots stealing from the Colts...I mean Manning calls his own plays at the line of scrimmage and the Patriots have still been able to own them for the past 5 years.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM   #52
Italics

Italics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the roughItalics is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 19
Did someone seriously give me negative rep on my post about the Patriots winning because of their talent and not because of cheating after they blew the Chargers away?

Everybody likes to hate the Patriots because they win so much but nobody recognizes the fact that they do it in the NFL, where there's a SALARY CAP. I'm not a Patriots fan but I can respect them and give them credit where it's due. "They can only win by cheating." Give me a break. Did you watch them play the Chargers? Face it--they have the best/most focused players in the league.
Italics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:44 AM   #53
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Every team steals signals. It's part of the game. The Patriots only broke the rules by bringing technology into it (video recording from the opponent's sideline).

Due to how long it would take to relay signals, plus the defense reacting to the offense on the field, plus a million other variables, it's more than likely that all that recording amounted to little it any advantage at all.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM   #54
OneEyedJap

OneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud of

Live!: Bill Cosby Jr

Send a message via MSN to OneEyedJap
38-7...

I can see why so many of you hate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
I'm not gay or anything, but if Tom Brady wanted to have sex with me, I'd probably have too out of general principle.
OneEyedJap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #55
Big_PaPa_Moo

Big_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 98
I would like to bring this up to the top to thank the anonymous neg reppers.

Fuck the Patriots!
Big_PaPa_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #56
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Due to how long it would take to relay signals, plus the defense reacting to the offense on the field, plus a million other variables, it's more than likely that all that recording amounted to little it any advantage at all.
To take the other side... then why risk it at all? You had been called on the carpet prior to the season. Is it just a big middle finger to the Commish?
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:16 AM   #57
Big_PaPa_Moo

Big_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 98
Fuck the Patriots! That is all.
Big_PaPa_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM   #58
The Amazing Zeno

The Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really nice

Send a message via ICQ to The Amazing Zeno
I'm sure there are many women who would.
The Amazing Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM   #59
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
I'm not gay or anything, but if Tom Brady wanted to have sex with me, I'd probably have too out of general principle.
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM   #60
OneEyedJap

OneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud of

Gotta love these Tom Brady quotes.
Quote:
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:45 AM   #61
DeadInc

DeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: mr deadinc

Games Owned: 88
Send a message via AIM to DeadInc
Quote:
You Do Live In Nevada,,,,,,,,,,............I Think that says it all..........

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart
DeadInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM   #62
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadInc View Post
You Do Live In Nevada,,,,,,,,,,............I Think that says it all..........
What the fuck does that mean???
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM   #63
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
What the fuck does that mean???
LOL good question.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #64
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
I think DeadInc thinks that people in Nevada are so liberal they'll fuck anything probably
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #65
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
I think DeadInc thinks that people in Nevada are so liberal they'll fuck anything probably
but it goes red every 4 years.......

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #66
KidRockDog

KidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to KidRockDog
IMO they had Brady wear that boot to stir up the media---amplified by their attitude towards the situation ("We'll get you a report on Wednesday, promise", or how Brady didn't practice until the media left).

I really hope the Giants win.

If nothing else, for ONE day the Patriots will have the smugness slapped off their fratboy faces. Their fans deserve it.
KidRockDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #67
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Wow. From Profootballtalk.com...

Quote:
POSTED 9:30 a.m. EST, February 2, 2008

REPORT: PATS FILMED RAMS WALK-THROUGH

When it rains, it freakin' pours.

After a bizarre day in which Spygate unexpectedly reappeared on the league's radar screen and strong hints of previously undisclosed cheating emerged, John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots videotaped the walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams prior to Super Bowl XXVI.

Here's the key excerpt from Tomase's report:

"According to a source close to the team during the 2001 season, here's what happened. On Feb. 2, 2002, one day before the Patriots' Super Bowl game against heavily favored St. Louis in New Orleans, the Patriots visited the Superdome for their final walkthrough.

"After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind after attending the team's walkthrough and filmed St. Louis' walkthrough.

"At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said."

Though the Herald doesn't identify the cameraman, it doesn't take a genius to suspect that it was Matt Walsh, the video employee who has been quietly but doggedly pursued for nearly five months. It also doesn't require much gray matter to realize that Walsh likely gave Tomase the green light to cite him as an unnamed source.

A walk-through practice usually involves execution of the plays that are in the team's offensive game plan, out of the specific formations that each play will be called. Having access to that information would provide an enormous advantage to the opposing team.

In Super Bowl XXXVI, the ordinarily high-octane Rams offense struggled in the first half to move the ball, and trailed the underdogs from New England 14-3 at intermission. Seven of the Pats' points came when cornerback Ty Law jumped a route and took an interception to the end zone. After making halftime adjustments, the Rams came back, tying the game at 17 before the Pats won the game on a late field goal.

What does it all mean? For starters, much of the media assembled to cover the Super Bowl will soon swarm upon key figures from the 2001 Rams, searching for quotes that might support the notion that the Pats seemed to know exactly what the Rams were doing on offense. Guys like former coach Mike Martz and his offensive assistants (Henry Ellard, Bobby Jackson, Jim Hanifan, John Matsko, Wilbert Montgomery, and John Ramsdell) can expect to be pestered. Players like quarterback Kurt Warner and running back Marshall Faulk and receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt will be pursued, too.

For now, however, we're even more convinced that the Patriots will win Super Bowl XLII by a huge margin. If the inflammatory remarks of various members of the Giants' organization weren't enough, the calling into question of the game that sparked the New England dynasty will surely drive the team to prove to the world that they win games based on talent, preparation, and execution.

Even if, six years ago to the day, they supplemented their skill and sweat with something else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow...

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM   #68
OneEyedJap

Give me a break.
Quote:
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM   #69
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
If it does turn out to be true.

All of the Pats Super Bowl titles should be stripped away.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM   #70
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
sounds like something made up (bulletin board material) to make sure NE covers the spread tomorrow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: