ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old May 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2033
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
Akai Katana - In Case You Missed It... and I know you did

Akai Katana ~ we are blessed to have another physical Cave shooter released (5/15/2012) for the US 360. Be quick, Akai Katana is likely a limited print run and not expected to adhere to the 50k minimum.

Image provided courtesy of Game Rogue's VG Collection

Destructiod has a ‘put in plain words’ review of this bullet hell shooter.
~ http://www.destructoid.com/review-ak...a-227604.phtml

Last edited by Game Rogue : May 20th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 104
Games Wanted: 0
Looks great, thanks! I had no idea this came out...
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 116
They need to start putting these games on Steam/GFWL and XBLA. The porting is absurdly easy. I understand that PS3/PSN is more difficult, but they can still use the other options. That way they can increase their sales and we wouldn't have to worry about limited print runs.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Virtua V
This game kicks ass, getting used to the normal shot/power up and then switching to katana firing for Gold. My scores are close to 10 million (single run) now, which is a jump from the high hundred thousands I was getting with just blinding shooting.

Old May 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
They need to start putting these games on Steam/GFWL and XBLA. The porting is absurdly easy. I understand that PS3/PSN is more difficult, but they can still use the other options. That way they can increase their sales and we wouldn't have to worry about limited print runs.
I don't think XBLA Deathsmiles II ($30), Gunwange (800 points) or Nin2 (non-shooter 400 points) did very well. Hell, I didn't even buy them - big surprise I'm sure. IMO, fans of Cave games want physical region free releases, not downloadable versions for their console.

Last edited by Game Rogue : May 20th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 415
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
...just noticed this in my Amazon stream, I had no idea what it was about now that I do I'll try to grab it. As usual GR thanks for the heads up.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U

Last edited by Syndicate : May 20th, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
I don't think XBLA Deathsmiles II ($30), Gunwange (800 points) or Nin2 (non-shooter 400 points) did very well. Hell, I didn't even buy them - big surprise I'm sure. IMO, fans of Cave games want physical region free releases, not downloadable versions for their console.
I understand that, but why not give us the option? It doesn't cost them much to put it up for digital distribution. They get a larger of the the sale directly (70%, versus the not-more-than 60% at retail), and there is no cost of materials. Make physical media available, but also give us a digital means. This gives people like me an option.

I've stopped buying physical games, and not just on the PC. I don't need to put in a disc, or if I want to buy the game years down the road I'm not dealing with Ebay scalpers (Shining Force 3, PDS, etc.).
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...just noticed this in my Amazon stream, I had no idea what it was about now that I do I'll try to grab it. As usual GR thanks for the heads up.
George.
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM   #9
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
This game kicks ass, getting used to the normal shot/power up and then switching to katana firing for Gold. My scores are close to 10 million (single run) now, which is a jump from the high hundred thousands I was getting with just blinding shooting.
So what you're saying is ign rated it a 4.7/10?

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
I will have to take a look at this ign review. Off the cuff, I can't see how any reviewer that has experience with Cave shooters or with this genre in general could give Akai Katana a 4.7. It looks great, has depth, fun to play and is a 7.5 in my book.

Last edited by Game Rogue : May 21st, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #11
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I'm sure it'll review well, dunno many Cave shooters that don't review well.

Looks like they're about to go out of business though, kinda sad.
Old May 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM   #12
Mordrid

Mordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 94

mordrid01
yeah, this game looks HARD!

Originally posted by Moon Tears:

I likely wouldn't do anything that harmed anyone ELSE or a ethnic collective (i.e. sing and dance eating watermelons and sh*t) for that price however.

~Peace!~
Mordrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM   #13
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
I realize Tyrone is talking and playing at the same time, but it seems he does not really know too much about the game mechanics for scoring. Also the video does nothing for the game, it does not hiccup/jump around and is certainly smoother when actually playing it yourself.

Old May 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #14
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
So what you're saying is ign rated it a 4.7/10?
Seems the ign review was changed to a 7. Did it really get a 4.7?

Regardless, I'm not sure this guy really played much of Akai Katana. He make many references to other shooters that really don't make sense and doesn't break the game down properly for a review. Maybe name dropping was an attempt to mind fuck readers that he supposedly has a level of experience and knows what he is talking about with this genre - fail.

Even if the ign score was upped to a 7, I think the review is poorly written and does little in the way explaining the fundamentals and what the game offers. With it's nothing new here attitude, the ign review of Akai Katana is a dis-service to Cave, Redstar and STG fans in general

Last edited by Game Rogue : May 21st, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: