ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old June 13th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrid View Post
All of these can be turned off.
No they can't. Unless you unplug your system. Which you should anyway, because why waste the electricity?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #27
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
No they can't. Unless you unplug your system. Which you should anyway, because why waste the electricity?
Yeah they can, there's options in the software of the system to turn the camera off when not in use.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #28
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
What I'm really curious about is, what is MS doing about the Headsets, how are they not offering a headset in their system?

Also Sony's looks cheap and crappy.

Old June 13th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #29
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 46
Do people understand that DRM is in place to keep family share from spiraling out of control? Family share allows you to multiply your library without paying for games.

Example: Me, My son, Bigg Russ, My friend Rob, and My friend Joel. All of these people are considered part of my gaming circle. If I designate them as "family" then suddenly I have access to all of their gaming libraries.

So let's say we each own 8 games. Suddenly I have 40 titles at my disposal. Since Microsoft allows you to dwaignate your family connections how you see fit, even among "family members" who are not in your household, you can very quickly expand your gaming library without actually having to purchase.

This can be used similar to carpooling, but only with games.

Because of the immense potential this presents (and the subsequent potential for abuse - imagine if ten people got together, formed a gaming ring, each bought ten games and then designated each other as family ) they had no choice to either take that feature out or implement some sort of DRM to prevent one game from repeatedly being installed on different consoles and then shared within "family groups" over and over again.

Its also the reason why your console has a verification system in place.

I for one plan on getting together with about 5 of my friends and forming a gaming ring, with each of us being responsible for 3 agreed upon titles a year.

The best part? Two people can play the same game - SEPARATELY - AT THE SAME TIME.

Last edited by The Krakken : June 13th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #30
turningpoint

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous...one-intentions

Interesting, and i was in this boat too, but I'm not paying $60 for games at the start that should be $30.

Old June 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #31
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krakken View Post
The best part? Two people can play the same game - SEPARATELY - AT THE SAME TIME.

Where did you hear about this?

Old June 14th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #32
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
Where did you hear about this?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586971
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...5310&start=240

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #33
turningpoint

Hmmm, so i asked this.

If I buy a xboxone and Jag buys an xbox one, i can play all his games if we are in the same" family". This just seems nuts to me.

So pretty much, i just buy an xboxone and never buy a game, i can just become a family member with someone who owns every game and play them all?

I doubt this.

Old June 14th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #34
The Krakken

Quote:
Hmmm, so i asked this.

If I buy a xboxone and Jag buys an xbox one, i can play all his games if we are in the same" family". This just seems nuts to me.

So pretty much, i just buy an xboxone and never buy a game, i can just become a family member with someone who owns every game and play them all?

I doubt this.
I doubt that too. I'm sure there will be restrictions on the amount of games allowed in your "shared library". I'm thinking 5 per person at any given time.

There are also restrictions on the number of people who can "check out" a title from the owners library. Non owners are limited to ONE at a time usage. For a lay person if a non owner is hogging a game, the other non-owner has two choices. Buy the game, or wait for it to be available. Many will still opt to own their own copies of blockbusters.

This brings me to another point: for a group of 10, 5 copies of each game would have to be purchased in order to eliminate everyone's need to w"wait or purchase". This is also why Xbox live is going up, and only authorized retailers will be allowed to accept trade ins.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #35
turningpoint

xbox live price is going up? I haven't heard this.

Old June 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #36
Mordrid

Mordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 94

mordrid01
This Made Me Happy!

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...any-ten-people

I dont usually share my games (No one takes care of your shit like you do) but on the off chance I do, I don't have to give them my game, up to ten people can access my game library. AWESOME! They dont need the disc or anything, and simultaneous play.... WIN.

If it does happen to kick someone off their game they are borrowing when I log on SO WHAT! I mean seriously, If they had the physical copy of my game, I would have to drive to his house and pick it up so that I could play it. In that case, Im wasting gas money, and he isnt going to be able to play the game anyway because I picked it up. This way, when I am done playing, he should be able to hop right back on to my library. This is an AWESOME feature.

If as stated before that me and my son can play my game at the same time in multiplayer FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!

Originally posted by Moon Tears:

I likely wouldn't do anything that harmed anyone ELSE or a ethnic collective (i.e. sing and dance eating watermelons and sh*t) for that price however.

~Peace!~
Mordrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #37
The Krakken

Quote:
xbox live price is going up? I haven't heard this.
It is if you have a family plan like me. They took that away, and since every single person you share games with must have gold, the price just went up to 250 for my house.
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #38
The Krakken

Quote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...any-ten-people

I dont usually share my games (No one takes care of your shit like you do) but on the off chance I do, I don't have to give them my game, up to ten people can access my game library. AWESOME! They dont need the disc or anything, and simultaneous play.... WIN.

If it does happen to kick someone off their game they are borrowing when I log on SO WHAT! I mean seriously, If they had the physical copy of my game, I would have to drive to his house and pick it up so that I could play it. In that case, Im wasting gas money, and he isnt going to be able to play the game anyway because I picked it up. This way, when I am done playing, he should be able to hop right back on to my library. This is an AWESOME feature.

If as stated before that me and my son can play my game at the same time in multiplayer FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!

Dude you have no idea. I refuse to buy two copies of games like NBA2K. And now I don't have to. Usually my son like to play "my player". I hate that shit. Well guess what: now he can play my player in his room on his
XboxOne....and guess what! I don't have to wait for the disk to be free. I can bust Bigg Russ's ass online on the family Xbox downstairs simultaneously.
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #39
Mordrid

Mordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura aboutMordrid has a spectacular aura about

mordrid01
Im confused.
I never got a family account for my son, we just both have individual accounts, and pay the 50 bucks per.

I would assume most people that want to borrow your library will already have a live account... otherwise, they are screwed to begin with. I don't know, its all confusing!

I likely wouldn't do anything that harmed anyone ELSE or a ethnic collective (i.e. sing and dance eating watermelons and sh*t) for that price however.

~Peace!~
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #40
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 56

xIceCBx
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
Didn't the Nintendo DS have a program like this? I don't remember to many games taken advantage of it.
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #41
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 149
This sounds too good to be true. With the hardon MS seems to have for killing used/rented games there must be a catch.

The first issue I see is that, if im understanding, it has to be a digital copy of the game. ie: one you bought and downloaded off the marketplace. You can't buy a game from best buy and share it. which I don't like. I don't like downloading games, I want the physical game.

Last edited by speKtor : June 16th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #42
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
This sounds too good to be true. With the hardon MS seems to have for killing used/rented games there must be a catch.

The first issue I see is that, if im understanding, it has to be a digital copy of the game. ie: one you bought and downloaded off the marketplace. You can't buy a game from best buy and share it. which I don't like. I don't like downloading games, I want the physical game.
It really depends for me. If they are going for a Steam style approach where they will have regular strong discounts, I will definitely be happy to download my XBone games. But if it's like they have their current digital distrubition where even launch games are still like $20, and they have maybe one or two games on sale at a time, then it'll be pretty stupid.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #43
The Krakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post

No. The game, whether purchased in a store or not, is installed and stores a digital copy in the cloud.
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #44
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Apparently people are even saying the DS4 is the better controller! lmao
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #45
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Apparently people are even saying the DS4 is the better controller! lmao
Now they're just trolling.
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #46
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Now they're just trolling.
These are devs working on FPS games. Apparently Sony listened and really reworked the DS.

Also, an unnamed dev who wants to stay anonymous for obvious reasons is saying multiplatform games will look "40% better" on the PS4 out of the gate.

Why is anyone buying this piece of shit? Fuck, if this thing didn't have Halo I'd probably never get one.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #47
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
These are devs working on FPS games. Apparently Sony listened and really reworked the DS.

Also, an unnamed dev who wants to stay anonymous for obvious reasons is saying multiplatform games will look "40% better" on the PS4 out of the gate.

Why is anyone buying this piece of shit? Fuck, if this thing didn't have Halo I'd probably never get one.
They'll fuck halo up as well.

Old June 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #48
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

xIceCBx
Quote:
They'll fuck halo up as well.
They already turned it into COD. The single player hasn't changed in since Halo 2.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #49
Mordrid

mordrid01
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krakken View Post
Dude you have no idea. I refuse to buy two copies of games like NBA2K. And now I don't have to.
I think this feature has me excited most of all...
My We have double copies in my house of the following games

BFBC2
BF3
CODMWF2
COD BO
COD BO2
SAINTS ROW 2
SAINTS ROW 3
GOW1
GOW2
GOW3

and a few more..

Now If it take these 10 games and add it up that's $599. at 59 bucks per game not including tax... and CA tax is a bitch. That would be enough of a savings right there for him to get another XBOXONE and just mooch my library. Especially since we can play at the same time. There would never be a need to buy doubles. All that shit goes under his profile and he can play WHENEVER! This should be advertised as a huge selling point.

The downside is that if he is playing one of my games, none of my other 9 friends can access my library, but big deal. When he is done playing they can play. I think this feature should be screamed about, and not just pushed under the rug. This would help sell even more XB1's. I give a shit. I'm sold.

Oh, one more thing. In the reading i was doing, the person sharing your library, also has access to all the DLC for that game. So if you have battlefield 4 and all the purchased all the additional map packs that came with it, then they automatically have access to them as well. SWEET!!!! See right there i would have saved another 300 bucks. My son and I both have BF3 Premium accounts and downloaded all those damn maps. Also all that damn COD content. Crazy savings.

~Peace!~

Last edited by Mordrid : June 17th, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #50
YoungFan

xIceCBx
Quote:
I think this feature should be screamed about, and not just pushed under the rug. This would help sell even more XB1's. I give a shit. I'm sold.
Because of this.

Quote:
Publishers still have the option to block used games and sharing, so it remains to be seen how the sharing feature will play out. Loaning and renting games won't be available at launch.

Do really think Ea, Activision, UbiSoft and all the rest are going to let you share your games with 10 different people with out some kind of heavy restriction on it. This would hurt them more then used game ever could.

Last edited by YoungFan : June 17th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: