ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:14 AM   #1
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Exclamation A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

I went to McDonald's earlier this evening to get my family some food. My wife, as usually, wants a vanilla/chocolate shake.

I go to the drive-thru order menu and ask for my food and the shake. The girl taking the order says to me, "You'll have to come inside for the shake. We can't mix them at the window". I asked her to repeat herself about three times before I parked and went inside.

Long story short, I spoke with the night manager to get to the bottom of this... The night manager says her boss told her to STOP mixing the shake flavors. As in no more. They CAN'T mix the shakes. Like NEVER... or she'll get in trouble. She literally said, "Okay, I'll do it this one time... but no more." And here I JUST picked my jaw off the floor before I had to let it drop again...

You've never seen a jaw hit the floor as fast as mine. I asked the night manager for her bosses number. I will be calling tomorrow. Why? Because I've been buying from that Mickey D's for over 15 years now. I've spent mucho dinero in there and I can't even get a mixed milk shake?! Heck, I have intentions on calling the local newspaper. This shit is just unbelievable.

We've got soldiers dying overseas for my freedoms... yet I can't get a mixed milk shake.

We've got cars that run on electricity... but I can't get a mixed milk shake.

We've got satellites that can read the year off the face of a nickel laying in the middle of the street in Manhattan... yet I can't get a FRIGGIN' MIXED FLAVORED MILK SHAKE!?!?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:22 AM   #2
AchtungNorwegen

AchtungNorwegen has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
Yeah,when you can finnaly afford to feed your family it must suck not to get the gourmet flavors you want eh?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:30 AM   #3
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungNorwegen
Yeah,when you can finnaly afford to feed your family it must suck not to get the gourmet flavors you want eh?
Did you reach 25 posts by being so lame each and every time?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:40 AM   #4
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigg Russ
Did you reach 25 posts by being so lame each and every time?
Don't sweat it, Bigg Russ. In Norway, an icicle over twelve inches long is considered gourmet food.

Anyway, I remember calling Pizza Hut during lunch one day and trying to order a personal pan pizza. The Pizza Hut employee that answered the phone said, "I'm sorry, we're out of them."

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:46 AM   #5
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
I went to McDonald's earlier this evening to get my family some food. My wife, as usually, wants a vanilla/chocolate shake.

I go to the drive-thru order menu and ask for my food and the shake. The girl taking the order says to me, "You'll have to come inside for the shake. We can't mix them at the window". I asked her to repeat herself about three times before I parked and went inside.

Long story short, I spoke with the night manager to get to the bottom of this... The night manager says her boss told her to STOP mixing the shake flavors. As in no more. They CAN'T mix the shakes. Like NEVER... or she'll get in trouble. She literally said, "Okay, I'll do it this one time... but no more." And here I JUST picked my jaw off the floor before I had to let it drop again...

You've never seen a jaw hit the floor as fast as mine. I asked the night manager for her bosses number. I will be calling tomorrow. Why? Because I've been buying from that Mickey D's for over 15 years now. I've spent mucho dinero in there and I can't even get a mixed milk shake?! Heck, I have intentions on calling the local newspaper. This shit is just unbelievable.

We've got soldiers dying overseas for my freedoms... yet I can't get a mixed milk shake.

We've got cars that run on electricity... but I can't get a mixed milk shake.

We've got satellites that can read the year off the face of a nickel laying in the middle of the street in Manhattan... yet I can't get a FRIGGIN' MIXED FLAVORED MILK SHAKE!?!?
Dude, if your entitelment ass is worried about getting a "friggin flavored milk shake", let me tell you, about some real problems the world is facing, like the WTO, Bush, Greenspan, the economy, et cetera...
SAiNT-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 01:52 AM   #6
DefMATRIXense

DefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: ShadowBigBoss

Games Owned: 25
Send a message via AIM to DefMATRIXense
I havent thought about a mixed milkshake.. tomorrow afternoon, I will go to Burger King and ask for a mixed (vanilla/chololate) milkshake.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:04 AM   #7
Bingo

Bingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: CHEAP SU1T

Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
Originally posted by SAiNT-X
Dude, if your entitelment ass is worried about getting a "friggin flavored milk shake", let me tell you, about some real problems the world is facing, like the WTO, Bush, Greenspan, the economy, et cetera...
Who gives a fuck about that? The damn man wants his milk shake, jeez.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:08 AM   #8
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bingo
Who gives a fuck about that? The damn man wants his milk shake, jeez.
He wants one? Thats nice. Now tell me why does he feel he has the *right* to have one?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:20 AM   #9
Bingo

Bingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Re: Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
He wants one? Thats nice. Now tell me why does he feel he has the *right* to have one?
Bwahahah, only you would make this a serious debate. If it's on the menu and he's got money to pay for it then he should get it. No need to over analyze the process of ordering fast food here.

Unless they are just trying to keep a brudda down!
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:25 AM   #10
MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to behold

Live!: MixMasterMike

Games Owned: 4
Games Wanted: 3
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterMike

Quote:
Shut the fuck up dude. There. I said it.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:31 AM   #11
SAiNT-X

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
Bwahahah, only you would make this a serious debate. If it's on the menu and he's got money to pay for it then he should get it. No need to over analyze the process of ordering fast food here.

Unless they are just trying to keep a brudda down!
Dude not a single McDonalds that I know of, advertises mixed milk shakes. I'm not sure where his sense of entitlement is coming from.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 02:32 AM   #12
SAiNT-X

Quote:
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
Shut the fuck up dude. There. I said it.
That worked... no really... it did.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 04:00 AM   #13
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
damn SAiNT-X, starting to remind me of St. Trooper and MB20
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 04:50 AM   #14
lmhstalker

lmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 127

Quote:
Originally posted by VampMan
damn SAiNT-X, starting to remind me of St. Trooper and MB20
Fuck you... don't hate because my Indrema prediction was correct.
lmhstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:38 AM   #15
BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: beerhammer

Games Owned: 1
Well, the people who work there probably just don't wanna be bothered. WTF, might take an extra 10 seconds to mix it like that. FK `em, just buy a chocalate shake, and a vanilla shake and mix the shit yourself.

member and founder of the"space wasting, off topic bastards club"

'May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'

R.I.P KRD, I miss you buddy.
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:41 AM   #16
Bigg Russ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
Dude not a single McDonalds that I know of, advertises mixed milk shakes. I'm not sure where his sense of entitlement is coming from.
Seeing as how this is the only reply you've posted worth noticing, I'll answer.

My entitlement comes from the 20+ years I've spent EATING at this establishment. 10 of those 20 have been with my own hard earned dollar. It also comes from the last 7 years I've been with my wife who's been ordering those since I met her.

Now, I'm not saying if I walk in the damned store and asked for a McChicken/Quarter Pounder combo on one sandwich I should get it. But to deny me something I've been ordering for about 7 years now without explanation is simply wrong.

And it's JUST a mixed milk shake for God's sake. What can be the harm in mixing the flavors?! And maybe you missed when I typed:
Quote:
We've got soldiers dying overseas for my freedoms...
I am not insensitive to what's going on in the world, idiot. I still want my damned multi-flavored milk shake.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:42 AM   #17
Bingo

Quote:
They also don't advertise many things like taking out lettuce tomatoes, pickles, etc in their burgers, but you can still tell them to do it.

Mixing the drink does not cost McD's any extra money.....it's not like he asked them to throw chicken nuggets in there.

Last edited by Bingo : August 22nd, 2003 at 05:48 AM.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:42 AM   #18
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG MIKE
Well, the people who work there probably just don't wanna be bothered. WTF, might take an extra 10 seconds to mix it like that. FK `em, just buy a chocalate shake, and a vanilla shake and mix the shit yourself.
That would require buying TWO drinks. That would negate the objective of my mission.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:51 AM   #19
Kev

Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 36
I was once in London on business with a colleague and we were sitting having breakfast. He asked if he could just have a bacon sandwich and was told "no, it's a full English breakfast" (i.e. bacon, eggs, sausage, etc.)

He tried explaining to her that he just wanted a bacon sandwich and, as both bacon and toast were included in the breakfast, that it wouldn't be any extra effort and would infact save them the effort of cooking his eggs, sausages, etc.

"No, no bacon sandwich", explained the waitress.

In the end he ordered a full English breakfast, but just asked for toast and bacon, then made his own sandwich...

Actually, I've no idea what relevance this has to your story...

Cheers,

Kev
Old August 22nd, 2003, 05:55 AM   #20
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by lmhstalker
Fuck you... don't hate because my Indrema prediction was correct.
Bullshit! Beta testing is starting soon!
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:19 AM   #21
DefMATRIXense

DefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: ShadowBigBoss

Send a message via AIM to DefMATRIXense
Quote:
That would require buying TWO drinks. That would negate the objective of my mission.
Actually, you are wrong... First, I remember when I ordered a BK double whopper with cheese and a large soda and French fries. I told her that I wanted to sub soda for strawberry milkshake and how much costs. She said no cost at all. In addition, I do order often on some other day. And, she knows my order is Second, you remember on TV that said limited time 99Cents BK whopper or chicken sandwich. It is still offer from 12 pm to 8 pm. Nevertheless, Some BK stores still offer that after 8pm to 1 am Third, I went to Cesar crust pizza store, the offer says a large with one topping for $5 bucks for pick up. It also say limit 1 per day per person. I told him I wanted four larges pizzas for $20 bucks plus taxes. He said sure!
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:53 AM   #22
SAiNT-X

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sign of the coming Apocalypse...

Quote:
They also don't advertise many things like taking out lettuce tomatoes, pickles, etc in their burgers, but you can still tell them to do it.

Mixing the drink does not cost McD's any extra money.....it's not like he asked them to throw chicken nuggets in there.
Tell them to do it? No. You can ask them to do it, and most fast food restaurant will grant your request. However customizing your drink does cost employee time, for someone actually has to stand there and hold the dispenser button down until you reach about half-way so that you can move on to the next dispenser and do the same task. In case you didn't notice this takes up precious employee time, that would have otherwise been spent by just pressing a single button that dispenses the correct amount of shake without the employee having to stand there (in other words: he'd be free to do other tasks).

So when a fast food restaurant declines your request, keep in mind that you customizing your order inconviences them, an inconvience that you don't have a *right* to subject said companies to; so that you can get your entitlement ass "a friggin cup of mixed shake".

What next? Demand for ice to be shaped as animal cookies?
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:31 AM   #23
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Oh sure, leave it to the black guy to want to mix his chocolate into a race of vanilla shakes.

Next thing you know, I won't be able to get a pure, virgin vanilla shake. They'll all just taste a little bit like chocolate.

VANILLA POWER!!!!!!
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:36 AM   #24
Pugwash

Pugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura about

Live!: MrJ

Games Owned: 67
I'm actually impressed that someone can eat at McDonalds regularly for 20 years and not get bored of the food.

Glad to see someone passionate about their shakes though
Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:43 AM   #25
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
McDonalds shakes are fantastic though. As long as it is not an everyday thing, I would never get tired fo them.

Now if we could just get them to get different flavored McFlurries, that would be supersweet. I would love to have a chocolate, M&M McFlurry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: