ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chit Chat Drop in here to discuss whatever you want. Sports, politics, you name it. This would be the place for all off-topic threads.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 2.56 average. Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2001, 09:22 PM   #1
Kelli

Kelli is on a distinguished roadKelli is on a distinguished roadKelli is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Netlinker's Reunion

Hi everyone, I was a former Netlinker from back when the Sega Saturn Netlink first came out, and there was a bunch of us who used to chat on a little IRC network that Sega sponsored for us.

I'm trying to find out if there's any of you here that would be interested in a reunion type get together sometime this summer or fall, online.

Some people I remember were Barbarian (who was head op) LeoRules, Korn, Paul, HowardHuey, Shelby, Lilbear, Mark (the guy who wrote the Jedi Script, can't remember his chat name), MaxCools, Kuddlez, E40, can't remember them all...but if any of you are those people, then reply to this message if you'd be interested in a reunion deal.

Thanks =)
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2001, 09:34 PM   #2
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kelli I remember you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you infamous or tied to something scandalous back in NL days? heh
SAiNT-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2001, 09:47 PM   #3
Kelli

Kelli is on a distinguished roadKelli is on a distinguished roadKelli is on a distinguished road

ROFL probably Saint, and I remember you too! LOL Mikee and I left there after someone got power hungry, but hell, that was so long ago I've forgotten what it was all about LOL Mikee and I are still chompin at the bit LOL We even started a successful IRC network of our own last year, had about 250 regular users and then got out of the business later on to do other things. Sometime after we left Sega, I ran into LeoRules and some of the others who had split off from Barbarian's group, but I lost touch with all of them too. Ran into Kuddles on another network somewhere else too. She and E40 have a little baby now. Weird how things change! LOL If I can get enough people, I'll see about arranging a reunion deal for everybody to get together and chat a bit...great hearing from you!
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Dreamcall

Dreamcall is on a distinguished roadDreamcall is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dreamcall Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamcall
Quote:
Originally posted by SAiNT-X
Hey Kelli I remember you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you infamous or tied to something scandalous back in NL days? heh
I think i recall seeing that nick Shelby in one of those sega chatrooms before.
in #sonic it was.
can't remember.
Dreamcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2001, 12:08 AM   #5
st_trooper
Banned

st_trooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Live!: xxxx

LOL, I remember Kuddlez and I was just thinking about her today after reading some of the old emails on the netlink-cust.

I'm sorry but that was one UGLY bitch.
st_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2001, 06:52 AM   #6
DaliPicard_The_Creator

DaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished roadDaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished road

Live!: DaliPicard

Send a message via AIM to DaliPicard_The_Creator
I never knew you personally---but I lways seen in #Netlink1--tho
Old June 18th, 2001, 11:43 AM   #7
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Heh. There's some old memories coming back. I remember all of those people. There was Banshee, No6 (who last I heard was put in a mental ward), the entire "tha goodfellaz" crew, Tyman, Warpzone, Saturnman... Just to many to name.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2001, 12:46 PM   #8
Sting

Sting can only hope to improveSting can only hope to improve

Live!: LargoFootball56

yea

I remember the Kliq and nTn.
Been a long time since i've even been in IRC. Last i tried i couldnt get into IRCNet. Last time that i did get into it #sega was invite only.
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2001, 02:50 PM   #9
E40

E40 is on a distinguished roadE40 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I remember you Kelli from the days in #Netlink1, im still around as well as Kuddlez, and yes we have a child. As far as a reunion, im not sure if I can make it, but give me a time and a date and ill do my best to attend. Good luck finding more of us, I just happen to look at this board today, I only go to this board about once a month. Email me the info so I wont miss a post here.
E40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2001, 04:37 PM   #10
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Damn, E40, how long have you been lurkning around here?
Old June 18th, 2001, 06:43 PM   #11
E40

Off and On, I mostly go here for browser research. I try to check out the site atleast once a week. But sometimes its months in between visits.
Old June 18th, 2001, 10:56 PM   #12
Overkill
Staff Member

You moved on to PC, didn't you? I thought that I was the last #netlink1 regular to make the jump.
Old June 19th, 2001, 09:54 AM   #13
E40

Yeah I have been on a pc for about 3 and a half years now, never touched my netlink since I got it. Netlink is still amazing when you look at the fact that the DC is like 4 times more powerful and the dc browser has had little change over the Netlink browser, oh well, those were the days, Netlinkers keep in touch.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 12:44 PM   #14
Xbandguy

Xbandguy is on a distinguished roadXbandguy is on a distinguished roadXbandguy is on a distinguished road

Hi Kelli

Forgot me huh. Thats ok

lol.

I know I was an original netlink chatter.... I would be interested in gettting together.
Xbandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2001, 12:47 PM   #15
Overkill
Staff Member

Wow, it's hard to believe that the NetLink is even that old. It still feels like those days were less than a year ago.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 12:57 PM   #16
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
I wish I had a damn netlink/saturn lol. I had read a bunch of old logs and junk from Sega IRC from then, and it would've been great to be there. E40, I remember you alittle bit from 1999 on Sega IRC i think, I can't remember which room ( #finalfantasy or #rpg? ), but I remember I talked to you before... I'm sure I've talked to alot of you guys on Sega IRC, you all must've dreaded the day DC came out because there were a million newbies on the server then, but not that many netlinkers...

and for whoever started this topic (can remember) mark/leo were at freedomchat.net last I checked, but here was some fighting and junk and I think mark got fired or something, I don't really know all of it, but it happened in the last month I think... You should look into it if you were friends with those guys...
Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:00 PM   #17
Xbandguy

Xbandguy is on a distinguished roadXbandguy is on a distinguished roadXbandguy is on a distinguished road

Whats up Over.....

Wasn't I in some organized club with you... Had the Dont tread on me logo on the web page lol.....

Yeah I heard No.6 got put away in a mental institute as well.
He had that phobia of leaving your own house like Sigourney Weaver in Copy Cat.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:32 PM   #18
Xbandguy

Where are they now??

Sat32
Echo
Nirv
Rayblade
B-real
Tanky
Monica20
Attack
Ant7
Brick
Psychy
Eastman
Roxy
Kamikaze
Overkill
No.6
Sabu

All the people that went to #BOMBERMAN1

Damn hard to remember all these old nicks.

Shelby
Barbarian
Shadow
Teflon
Old July 2nd, 2001, 02:11 PM   #19
DaliPicard_The_Creator

DaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished roadDaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished road

Live!: DaliPicard

Send a message via AIM to DaliPicard_The_Creator
xband guy ---I thought you were in -NL- for Netlink League-------- I was in NL --------I never was part of Shadow's group (the Goodfellaz)
Old July 2nd, 2001, 02:43 PM   #20
E40

Yeah I remember all of you, yes we werent looking forward to having new DCer's on our server, but alot of cool ppl showed up and it was cool to meet new ppl, and yeah I lived in #finalfantasy.
Who yeah, I remember Spiderone too. Hey Spider Im still waiting for my Ozzfest 2000 tickets, glad I gave you my address so you could sell it to telemarketers ~

Sat32 - Dont Know
Echo - Dont know
Nirv - Dont know, even his website is gone.
Rayblade - Dont know
B-real - Dont Know
Tanky - She still comes on chat once in awhile.
Monica20 - Dont know who this is.
Attack - Dont know
Ant7 - Just emailed me a couple of days ago, nothing new.
Brick - Dont know
Psychy - Dont know
Eastman - Hope dead
Roxy - With Kamikaze
Kamikaze - With Roxy
Overkill - Dont know
No.6 - Mental Hospital
Sabu - Dont know

Here's some more names.

Redwolf
sonysux
Videoman aka Billy
Ghostbear
Seven
Machoman
Heaven
Cat
Happi
Rosebud
Crazy187
Teflon
Shadow

Here's the list of Op's that use to be regular user's when the Netlink was around. These ppl are still addicted to chat as I type this.

Shelby
Buzz
Sixguns
Swordman
Old July 2nd, 2001, 03:36 PM   #21
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

Overkill IS RobV heh.
Ant7 posted on these boards a couple weeks ago.
Remember ChrisRay? He changed his nick to IRCPIMP. How do I know this? He has a picture at ircsaya.com. However I never saw ircpimp in seganet chat.

Let me add more to the MIA list:
wHoMe
Wookie
owen
SAiNT-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2001, 04:43 PM   #22
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
The website is http://www.ircsayan.com/ btw.
Old July 3rd, 2001, 06:58 AM   #23
Overkill
Staff Member

LOL How could I forget about ChrisRay! I had him help me update my web site. He quit after not too long after he confessed to me that he was converted to bisexuality.
Old July 3rd, 2001, 07:41 AM   #24
Xbandguy

Blast from the past.

Remember this >>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<>>>>><<< ?

The nuke wars.

Me and Sapphire lol.

The Netlink top ten.

The talkcity rampages.

Getting Wookies DNS numbers and nuking him from the desktop ?? oops.... that was a secret lol.

Going to aimnet

Bomberman was the best online

Virtual On

Duke Nukem

Daytona

Sega Rally

Well back to work.
Old July 3rd, 2001, 07:58 AM   #25
Overkill
Staff Member

Chek it out, a lot of the old web pages are still up:

The Saturn Cave (by Saturn Man):
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8440/

Sega Saturn NetLink Page (by Wakko):
http://www.angelfire.com/az/charlesv...y/netlink.html

The NetLink Info Center (by ExCeLsIoR):
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/nlinfo/navigate.html

cRaZy187's Warped Web Page!!
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/B...6766/main.html

No6's Village:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/No6Village/

Netlink Emporium (by NetLinker):