ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > Rants and Raves Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rants and Raves Discussion Want to praise a good opponent, or bash a bad one? This is the place. Try to be nice...

Old December 7th, 2000, 07:48 AM   #1

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
who will decide,will Ps2 have dominating games,and will there DVD bring them money??Or on the other hand will GameCube beat Ps2 with they're crushing games??No one knows what will happen but i think i will take GameCube because of Nintendo's great game The Legend Of Zelda,that is the best RPG ive played,Final Fantasy will be good but not better than Zelda because the graphics for Zelda are much better than Final Fantasy.

What do think will happen??Post ur thoughts.....
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2000, 11:12 AM   #2
sirbills

sirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Sega will dominate

I think Sega has the moxy to beat both those systems. Especially if they keep coming out with online games. Since Sega went online, I've found myself staying up later and later, and now I'm lucky if I get four hours of sleep a day!lol I'm not really into role playing games so I doubt I'll buy a gamecube at all. I haven't gone with ninetendo since the Super NES. And even then I was buying more games for my Genesis. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that more and more people will get the dreamcast. That way this system can avoid the fate of the Saturn.
sirbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2000, 03:07 PM   #3
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
hey guys, do me a favor.. post this in the general discussion of the dricasworld forums, and no the dricasworld ladder portion. We would like to see new people start posting there, so jump the fense and come on over. And Sega [b]WILL[b] dominate.
Old December 7th, 2000, 09:22 PM   #4

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
everyone knows Xbox sucks,gameCube will dominate with all-NEW crushing games unlike Ps2 or Xbox,GameCube will get lots of money from there great games,count on GameCube to lead
Old December 8th, 2000, 03:04 AM   #5
HowBoutALoss

HowBoutALoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Game Cube

I to think that the Game Cube will come out on top. The X-Box though will not suck. X-Box will be better than PS2 by far. As for the Game Cube they will have mario, metriod, zelda, and other first party games that will be some of the greatest games every made im sure. I think Nintendo has always put great effort in making their games, which is why they are so good. So there for it will me the system that comes out on top.
HowBoutALoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2000, 09:03 PM   #6
youarefuct

youarefuct is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, no makin fun of PS2

by the time gamecube comes out, PS2 will already have too many awesome games coming out. they will never be able to catch up to ps2 because of the delay, ps2 will bring back an array of new games, some sequels of previous games and some just new series. but honestly, i don't think mario and zelda will be enough for gamecube to catch up to ps2, sony has the most companies creating games for them... and the best. also, if you are looking for a good rpg on gamecube than u gotta be crazy because zelda is the only one and it still doesnt even come close to games like chrono cross and FF games simply because ps2 has more room to explore and create better environments. im not tryin to bash the gamecube though, it will be tough competition for ps2 but my opinion is that ps2 will indeed come out on top. as for x-box... your an idiot if u think thats gonna do good. it has like 1 company producing games for it... LOL! and as for DC, it only has good online games now, in the future it will turn into more competition for the PC because they will be battling for the top online games... i doubt if ps2 will have enough to compete with dc on that, i'll give it that much credit. Goodnight Everyone -_^
youarefuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2000, 07:57 AM   #7

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
yea right,Gamecube will already hae there dominating games ready to sell,PS2 will suck,and lose all there money when Gamecibe comes out
Old December 11th, 2000, 12:02 PM   #8
cartman16

cartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura aboutcartman16 has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 16
Hey comin4you... If you hate PS2 why did you get it?
cartman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2000, 06:15 PM   #9
theenorton

theenorton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

the x box will rule
theenorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2000, 06:15 PM   #10
LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past

X-box will not suck

X-box is gonna top anything every done console games due to: microsoft the biggest company in the world, the enlarging staff that left nintendo, plenty of money to do anything and not cut corners.

guys nintendo was finished when the playstation1 came out. yea i like zelda and all the classic games that moved up with the systems. but those classics dont sell any more. look at statistcs not what u prefer.

microsoft is the top computer software company in the world so makin console game will be a walk in the park. do u know how many of the X-box systems that are already sold. yes i know there not out yet and yes they have already sold a lot. why is no one reservin as much nintendo as x-box. why guys. cause nintendo is over the hill.

by the way what the hell is this dolphin game or is it a name they was givin the nintendo
LynyrdSkynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2000, 06:22 PM   #11

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
Guys/Girls everyone knows that GameCube will rule,Goldeneye,Perfect Dark,Zelda,Mario,all of those games will dominate.....

X-box, will suck,there games will suck and whoever made the system sucks,count on them not to make any money when there sucky system comes out.........

Ps2,will be just like the X-box,Ps2 will NOT get ant money from there sucky system either......

Count on GameCube to dominate
Old December 14th, 2000, 09:44 PM   #12
megotgame

megotgame has a little shameless behaviour in the past

X box

X box will have a lot of good games and will dominate. I have ps2 and it ia awesome. I still like dreamcast though.
megotgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2000, 10:01 PM   #13

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
blah,blah,blah everyong still knows that Gmaecube will rule
Old December 19th, 2000, 09:30 PM   #14

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
o yea anyone want to check out Zelda go to nintendo.com and click on the GameCube..
Old December 20th, 2000, 10:42 AM   #15
Suity83

Suity83 can only hope to improveSuity83 can only hope to improve

Points overlooked

I am a nintendo fan and always will be I know the gamecube will kick ass.
It is very hard to say what system will beat the other. I am not even going to go into the graphics argument because all the systems have amazing visuals and the argument is endless and pointless.

The reason the PSX did so well and beat nintendo is because of 3rd party support. Nintendo lost alot of that support with the N64 because it opted to go with the cart instead of the cd. The gamecube has already gotten more support from 3rd party developers than the n64 ever had. Capcom, namco and many other great game makers are signing up. Now while nintendo is gaining these they still have there excellent 1st and 2nd party devlopers that create the games we all know and love(mario, zelda, metroid
...etc) The gamecube will be tough to beat this time around.

Now for the x-box look at it this way they are in about the same position as sony was when they first rreleased the psx 6 years ago. They have practically no experiance with the console world. Microsoft does have experiance with computer games though which is better than nothing. And if you have been following the x-box w you will know that they are getting tremendous 3rd party support.
They also have a pretty cool priogram going to where just about anyone that wants to try to make a game for the x-box can. It is really hard to say what will come out of the x-box but I dont expect it to fail miserably or to suck like so many others do.

The PS2 has 1 big thing behind it the mass-market and casual gamers. These people want a playstation 2 because they think its cool and the graphics look awesome. And sony has briliantly marketed there sytem as the coolest thing ever made and every one knows it is seeling like hell. But is it better than any other system out there. If you look at the software then no. The dreamcast and n64 have great games with great gameplay. The PS2 has lost alot of there exclusive developers and game titles already. You will now notice that the games that everybody loved the playstation for can now be found on just about every sytem out. I have even heard that square is considering making games for the gamecube. Adn that the person that made Metal gear solid is not happy with the ps2 and is looking towards developing for other platforms. So all these things that made the PSX so great is slowly slipping away from the PS2.

So what will win, who know what will be the best The GameCube of course(just my opinion)

Suity83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2000, 03:59 PM   #16

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
The gamecube will still dominate...If anyone has gone to that site i had suggested you already know about the GREAT GRAPHICS that nintendo's gamecube has

Old December 20th, 2000, 04:06 PM   #17
Suity83

I have been to the site and downloaded all the videos and the zelda video is awesome.
Old December 20th, 2000, 04:46 PM   #18

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
yes,it is very VERY awesome
Old December 20th, 2000, 07:22 PM   #19

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
This is For Hamlet

THE X-BOX WILL SUCK
Old January 31st, 2001, 08:14 PM   #20

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
FFX is being delayed for ps2 because of the Gamecubes launch
Old January 31st, 2001, 08:18 PM   #21
Suity83

Square vs nintendo when will they make-up and make everyone happy.

Did you see the Yamauchi(nintedo's President) interview how he pretty much said square wont ever be making games for them while he is around.
Old January 31st, 2001, 08:57 PM   #22

Games Owned:
Games Wanted:
yeah i saw that
Old January 31st, 2001, 10:20 PM   #23
jayson

jayson has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well since im a long-term nintendo fan and all i've heard about is how the PS2 sucks a$$ ima go with the gamecube

i haven't played the PS2 but i've seen someone play madden at bestbuy and sure it was pretty but the controls looked like they sucked
jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2001, 04:46 AM   #24
xxsquidwardxx

xxsquidwardxx can only hope to improvexxsquidwardxx can only hope to improve

dreamcast

I kinda like my dreamcast. but i don't see how anyone will be able to outdo the x-box. microsoft has their stuff together.
xxsquidwardxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2001, 03:43 PM   #25
TennisGuy
Banned

TennisGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

GAMECUBE LOL

Xbox and ps2 will rule.Ps2 will have online within a year and that will be sweet.Might even be better than xbox but i heard xbox might be twice as powerful as ps2.GAMECUBE Will be for the littekids.LOL
TennisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: