ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

View Poll Results: I've been to the following US Cities (Poll)
New York (Manhattan) 27 72.97%
Boston 17 45.95%
Philadelphia 18 48.65%
Washington, DC 23 62.16%
Orlando 21 56.76%
Chicago 21 56.76%
Denver 17 45.95%
Las Vegas 20 54.05%
Seattle 8 21.62%
Los Angeles 16 43.24%
San Francisco 14 37.84%
Phoenix 14 37.84%
I don't travel and have been to none of these 1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Games Wanted: 0
I've been to the following US Cities (Poll)

I just made a list of cities that are either largely populated and/or regularly visited by tourists and curious as to how many you have been to. Please check all that apply. Do not include simply connecting at one of the cities airports, that doesn't really count.
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
More marketing research, eh?
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
More marketing research, eh?
no, just a random poll that might spark discussion about some of them (worth going to, what did you do, would you go again, etc.)
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Never been to Seattle, Vegas, San Fran, or Denver. I'd love to visit them all.

I've been to Philly when I was little but I don't remember much of it, so I'd really like to go back there sometime as well. I guess. It's not top of the list but its only like 1.5 hours from MD and I have alot of friends there.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Ghost
Staff Member

Ghost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to all

Live!: Lumar

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Ghost Send a message via AIM to Ghost
Out of the cities I haven't been, I'd really like to visit Seattle. I have an office there, and just need to find an excuse. =)
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I haven't been to any of the cities in the poll. Sadly the biggest city, in the US, that I've been to is Minneapolis, MN. After that it's places like Green Bay, WI and East Lansing, MI. Hahaha.

I'd pick the last poll option, but I do travel... I just haven't been to any of the places mentioned... and pretty much all the cities that are either largely populated and/or regularly visited by tourists, that I have actually been to, have all been overseas.

Last edited by Jerome : September 12th, 2011 at 10:13 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I haven't been to any of the cities in the poll. Sadly the biggest city, in the US, that I've been to is Minneapolis, MN. I'd pick the last poll option, but I do travel... I just haven't been to any of the places mentioned... and the cities that are either largely populated and/or regularly visited by tourists, that I have actually been to, have all been overseas.
So why didn't you vote?!

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
So why didn't you vote?!
I edited my post a little, but like I said, the final option says "I don't travel and..." blah blah blah. I'll go ahead and pick it, but I do actually travel. Eventually I hope to go to some of the places on the list.
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #9
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Wow, I've been to all those cities except Seattle. Incidentally, it's on my 'next city' list as I have a brother who lives out there.

Why the specifics w/ regards to 'Manhattan'? If you've been to The Bronx or Brooklyn, you've been to "NYC".
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #10
Arod1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post

Why the specifics w/ regards to 'Manhattan'? If you've been to The Bronx or Brooklyn, you've been to "NYC".
Yes I know that, but Manhattan is a different experience (not saying it's better or worse) but it's one of the most interesting places to go IMO. From Central Park to Times Square to all the shit to see/do, it's pretty cool. Other burroughs are great too, but me personally, I've only spent time in Manhattan (multiple times) and Bronx (Yankee games). I think most of the time when people travel to NYC it is Manhattan.
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #11
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

Games Owned: 0
All of the East Coast cities and Chicago - NYC was a monthly trip for years. Never made it to the West Coast. I have a number of friends out there, LA, Seattle, San Francisco (and Phoenix) but have never pulled the trigger on a trip.

Last edited by Meursault's Head : September 13th, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
Meursault's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #12
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Yep, I'm missing Denver, San Fran, LA, and Phoenix.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #13
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
I've never been to Chicago of Phoenix. I've wanted to go to Chicago for pleasure, but haven't worked up an itinerary of shit to do.

My company has an office in Phoenix, and I've got an open invitation to go there for any work reason. I should go some time soon.

(I've actually connected in the airports of both those cities though.)
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #14
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

On this list I enjoyed Denver(other than L.A. since I live there) the most, and DC the least.

Dever had really great people everywhere I went. And D.C. Is a big pile of shit if you don't stay near the monuments.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #15
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

I'm from Canada eh? And I've been to (all vacations for extended periods...IE really seeing the city):

NYC (many times)
Boston
Chicago
Seattle
Las Vegas
L.A.
D.C.
San Fran
And many small places

Nothing compares to NYC. I would go every year if it worked out.

Boston was really nice. Great art galleries, amazing history, and I got to go to Fenway for two Sox games. Don't know that I would need to go back. If you're 'merican you really ought to go.

Chicago is really really great. Architecture, restaurants, shopping, good galleries. Fantastic. Love the setting. I could probably go back.

Seattle (just went in August) is not that great. Probably a great place to live but, IMHO, short on interest for a tourist. Safeco is a beautiful ball park though.

Las Vegas. Didn't like it. At all. Could see it being fun 10 years ago with a group of guys. You gotta do it that way.

L.A. Love it! Oddly, I don't feel there's a lot of big, typical tourist attractions but I love the feel of the city and getting into some of the neighbourhoods. Would certainly go back.

D.C. If you love museums (and need to see that White House etc.). IMO the city itself is not that interesting. I wouldn't go back.

San Fran was nice. Much better than Seattle though it lacked the cultural content (great museums, galleries) of the east coast cities. Wonderful to walk around the neighbourhoods, great restaurants, close to Golden Gate and Golden Gate park, close to Muir Woods and Nappa/Sonoma. Wouldn't go back. But worth the visit.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #16
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Also, I can't see any reason to go to Pheonix. Is there one?

But I do recommend Sedona if you like hiking. Had a wonderful time there in March. Arizona, as a state, is sort of unbelievable. I will definitely be going back. Highly recommended.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #17
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I love going to Pheonix to relax. There's something about the layout I like.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #18
bitWise

Quote:
I love going to Pheonix to relax. There's something about the layout I like.
I like Palm Springs for that. But then, I haven't tried Phoenix.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #19
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Chicago
NYC
DC
Phoenix
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #20
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Need to see Philly, Boston and Seattle, with Seattle as first choice. It's been a long time since I've taken any road trips.... I miss it.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #21
OneEyedJap

OneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud of

Live!: Bill Cosby Jr

Send a message via MSN to OneEyedJap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
Never been to Seattle, Vegas, San Fran, or Denver. I'd love to visit them all.
You need to get your ass to Denver and Vegas, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
I'm not gay or anything, but if Tom Brady wanted to have sex with me, I'd probably have too out of general principle.
OneEyedJap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #22
Erbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedJap View Post
You need to get your ass to Denver and Vegas, bitch.
Wanna provide me and my boy with some shelter in Denver?

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #23
Ghost
Staff Member

Ghost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to all

Live!: Lumar

Send a message via ICQ to Ghost Send a message via AIM to Ghost
Interesting the polls showing Seattle as the least traveled/tourist destination for CC.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #24
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Interesting the polls showing Seattle as the least traveled/tourist destination for CC.
I've been to Portland, does that count?
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #25
Arod1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitWise View Post
Also, I can't see any reason to go to Phoenix. Is there one?

But I do recommend Sedona if you like hiking. Had a wonderful time there in March. Arizona, as a state, is sort of unbelievable. I will definitely be going back. Highly recommended.
Quote:
I love going to Phoenix to relax. There's something about the layout I like.
Phoenix is pretty nice, especially in October or November...warm and no humidity. Although, Phoenix itself isn't "great" but some surrounding suburbs are very relaxing. Also, Sedona is awesome and Grand Canyon isn't a far drive. The landscapes in Arizona are incredible...desert/sun to mountain/snow and everything in between all within a 3 hour drive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: