ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Wolf

Wolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enough

PSN: Wolf2384

Games Owned: 245
Games Wanted: 0
Products You Require to be Highend?

A friend of mine is really into computers and has to have the best of the best in terms of processors, storage, etc. When Intel launched their Sandy Bridge line he had a perfectly fine quad-core but purchased a new SB processor "just cause".

Another friend of mine is a videophile and dropped about $3k on a Pioneer Kuro Elite last year simply because it was the best of the best.

Are you ultra picky about products? Is there one specific item that you don't mind spending a few more $$$ on?

This question may be directed towards individuals who aren't married or with children as I hear those things can put a significant damper on any hobbies or interests you may have.

I tend to want high-end pots and pans. They seriously make cooking/ cleaning sooo much more enjoyable. Paderno is the way I roll and thats sort of my thing. I'm not a great cook by any means but I never feel guilty about spending more investing in a solid set of cookware.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM   #2
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
We evaluate everything we purchase and buy the best that we can afford and will save if necessary. We like to spend more money on products if they are truly better and will last. I cannot say there is one type of item like kitchen or entertainment because we are this way with everything. We always do research on just about everything we buy. Even camera bags. LOL
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I don't require anything of my products except that they be made in the US, Canada, England, Germany, or similar countries. (Basically, first world countries and the US.)

Barring that, I'll buy stuff used.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
My wife and I don't have to have the very best, but just like George we usually try to get the best that we can afford. We'll both do research on something we are going to purchase, to make the best possible choice, whether it's a TV, Camera/Camcorder, Kitchen Blender, Vacuum, etc. It doesn't have to be high-end, but it does have to meet our needs. I don't like settling on something, to save some money, if it's going to do a few things I'd like it to, or be missing a feature I could like to have.

We also TRY to buy things made in the USA, but it's obviously fairly hard with certain things. With our daughter we try to get her toys made in the US, which sometimes means spending more, but we went out of our way to get her wooden blocks made in the US, a toy kitchen set, etc.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
nothing at all has to be high end for me

i'm easy
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM   #6
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Just hookers.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM   #7
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Nothing really. Not even my hookers.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM   #8
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Cars, tv's and clothes.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM   #9
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Total snob about lots of things. Don't even know where to start. Will hit the first that come to mind.

The main thing is beer. Complete beer snob. Not by price but quality. And completest. I can name every beer I've tried, remember where I got them, can remember beers that individuals gave me, I could write a fucking book. The first thing I do when I go out of town is hit their beer stores. Even window shopping. When I spot a beer I've never tried or heard of the brewery on a shelf excitement sets in. Used to have a massive bottle collection but it became cumbersome to move. I have thousands of odd cartons.

If you know, you know. Only Zwilling/J.A. Henckels. The 'only' emphasized. Currently only roll with one and only I touch it. It was even an economy purchase and one day I will hit top of the line, no doubt. Easily the best thing I've ever bought.

Camping products, mainly tents, lanterns, and cooking stoves. The ones I use are not made anymore. I have to go out of my way to find gas and I refuse to by what is available now. Rocking a Walrus Warp 2 and love classic Camping Gaz products. I could write a book.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
I usually just go with whatever is the best bang for the buck, but I'm willing to toss a few bucks extra in for extra niceness.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM   #11
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Hellmanns Real Mayonaisse; everything else is shit....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM   #12
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

Only with certain foods.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM   #13
OneEyedJap

OneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud of

Live!: Bill Cosby Jr

Send a message via MSN to OneEyedJap
Nothing comes to mind really. When I used to play hockey I always had the top of the line equipment, but that was years ago. I like to buy nice clothes too, but it's not necessarily highend. If it looks good on me, cheap or not, I'll buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
I'm not gay or anything, but if Tom Brady wanted to have sex with me, I'd probably have too out of general principle.
OneEyedJap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:43 PM   #14
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedJap View Post
Nothing comes to mind really. When I used to play hockey I always had the top of the line equipment, but that was years ago. I like to buy nice clothes too, but it's not necessarily highend. If it looks good on me, cheap or not, I'll buy it.
What doesn't look good on you Sir?
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:36 PM   #15
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Toilet paper. I don't buy cheap, rough ass toilet paper. When we use to live with my in-laws they used to buy cheap TP, but I stocked the good stuff in our bathroom. They didn't think it matter until they started using our shit, and they never looked back. It's the same with shower gel. I wouldn't say that I have sensitive skin really, but most cheap brands dry my skin out, and when combined with the Midwestern cold my arms end up looking like a reptile's if I don't use something like Olay.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM   #16
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Toilet paper. I don't buy cheap, rough ass toilet paper. When we use to live with my in-laws they used to buy cheap TP, but I stocked the good stuff in our bathroom. They didn't think it matter until they started using our shit, and they never looked back. It's the same with shower gel. I wouldn't say that I have sensitive skin really, but most cheap brands dry my skin out, and when combined with the Midwestern cold my arms end up looking like a reptile's if I don't use something like Olay.
True that. Cheap toilet paper is not cool.

I like high end guitars, and liquor.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:38 PM   #17
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
toilet paper for me as well.
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM   #18
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

denim.

also, I require any food I eat to be fresh- this doesn't necessarily imply "high end", but It's generally more expensive than stocking the shelves with processed shit.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Bingo

Bingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: CHEAP SU1T

Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Wink

Steak and shoes.
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #20
MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to behold

Live!: MixMasterMike

Games Owned: 4
Games Wanted: 3
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterMike
Clothes... I try not to be, but stuff from Target, Walmart, even Old Navy, etc. just don't fit right.
Old May 25th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #21
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Hookers.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #22
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Just hookers.
Dammit. I should've read the thread.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #23
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Boots.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #24
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Meat (buy all my meat from a butcher shop that cuts it fresh every day), weed (i'll go without if it's no good).

I'm the opposite of Jap when it came to my hockey equipment though. I preferred stuff that was old and comfortable. I used to dive through the backrooms of Co-Op's and family run sports stores looking for pre-armor like equipment.
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #25
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
…I wouldn't say high end, but like others I prefer to get the best products that we can afford even if it requires some saving. Cookware/bakeware, electronics, car parts, and food come to mind.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U

Last edited by Syndicate : May 25th, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: