GameStop, Inc.
ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chit Chat Drop in here to discuss whatever you want. Sports, politics, you name it. This would be the place for all off-topic threads.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 2.56 average. Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #226
VGMAN

VGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Holy cow I can't believe that so many familiar names are still around! It's been at least 10 years but hi again everyone!
VGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #227
ScottK

ScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure I remember you VGMAN. Didn't you use to play Virtua-On? Those were the good ole days. I hope this thread stays for at least another 10 years.

I was going through the old netlinkworld archives the other day and I came across this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200004130.../contest.shtml

I hardly even remember it, but there was a contest sponsored by my business where the winner was to receive a 4.0 browser. Unfortunatly the browser never got released and the prize was never issued. Funny thing is that I only know one of the answers...lol. Does anyone know all 3 without looking them up?
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #228
VGMAN

VGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Scott, I do remember your handle. I did play a fair bit of VO but I don't think I had the Netlink-enabled version though. Most of my Netlink time was spent in WBS or trying to learn HTML to make an Angelfire webpage...

I was most active during the WBS Chat days, and then stuck around for a little while when we all made the move to IRC. I don't remember too many names clearly but I remember shooting the breeze with Sapphire and eulogy pretty often. I wonder if they're still around?

After that I bought a PC and online FPS gaming pretty much stole me away from the Netlink scene.

I have to admit I miss it, Netlink was my first exposure to internet in any form and probably the gateway drug that turned me into the computer junkie I am today. A reunion would be fun!
VGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:17 AM   #229
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Yo, VGMAN. I do remember you. NLM, baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
My NetLink Thought of the Day:

I wish I would of kept my Daytona USA NetLink Edition. It is in huge demand nowadays. I've seen it fetch up to $800. There was under 2,000 copies made. Anyone else still have their copy better hold onto it. At least I can say that I'm one of the few people who had 3 sealed copies in my hand when it came out. I bought one from Sega, got a free one from Jonathan, and had another one (from Jonathan) I gave away in a NetLink World Newsletter contest. There were alot of advantages to being a NLW staff member. Got free games, free website, free business advertising, and I was the first to know when the new beta browser updates were posted to the planetweb website due to my good relationship with planetweb's webmaster back in the day. I know I've heard some complaints about Jonathan on this website awhile ago, but to me the guy was a good friend who gave me a chance to be a staff member and also helped me alot with my business. Nirv was always a cool guy to me as well and had a hand in getting me the position with NLW since I was his best netlink bud. Anyways that's my rant for the day. Tons of great memories. Unfortunatly I think Saint-X joined the NLW staff too late to get the free games.
I don't remember Saint being on the staff. I was, though. You talkin' 'bout me, punk?

I got E3 tickets from the site, a paid trip to LA, free Planetweb Dreamcast Browser 3.0, and once Ken Soohoo offered to fly me to PW headquarters, but I didn't check my email until too late to go.

Quote:
Does anyone know all 3 without looking them up?
No, but I used to, especially that 3rd question.

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed that Jonathan let the domain names expire.

Last edited by Overkill : October 8th, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #230
CarnageRulz

CarnageRulz is on a distinguished roadCarnageRulz is on a distinguished road

PSN: karnagerulz

Games Owned: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to CarnageRulz
Back again

I only come here off and on and saw that theres been alot of posts to catch up I used the nick Carnage mostly on all the IRC networks I was on dreamcast, baracrade, freedomchat ect... I am not Leorulez (or how ever he spelled it lol) I am friends with him and talk to him off and on. He was featured in the movie called chasing ghost http://www.chasingghoststhemovie.com/ that is really him, as far as Mark who did the jedi scripts and such he is still around too his nick was Subzero, Kuddlez is around she mostly plays WOW now i think, she split from E40 and moved back to Ohio, E40 has kinda dropped off I havent seen him in years. Madcrabs is still around i usually see him on MSN, pinky aka pinklady pops on yahoo once and a great while we chat, Cathy does alot of poker stuff now and she runs different sites for online poker. Venom she got divorced and met up with D3s3n7 and got married and had 2 kids he joined the Army, Kate also got divorced and remarried and had another kid and she moved back to NY near Linda I dont here much from them though once and awhile Linda will talk to me on FB. Now me I usually just surf the web anymore looking up gaming stuff, running tournaments no xobox or 360 here its all ps3 or wii as far as my online gaming goes and i still fire up my DC and do some stuff online lol even my old website i did using the dc is still up and that was before I even owned a pc lmao. Alot of the old netlinkers, DC, bararcade, freedomchat peeps float around on myspace, fb, twitter hope this helps ya out some.

Last edited by CarnageRulz : December 29th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
CarnageRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #231
ScottK

ScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished road

heh, I guess this is the first post in this thread for 2010. If anyone is on xbox live then feel free to add me: gamelord3000 . So far I have Clockwork as a friend. Would love to play some old school netlinker(s) in Duke Nukem on 360. I'm also open to other games. Or maybe we can get enough people together to make a nl clan on mw2. that would be sweet!

Last edited by ScottK : March 8th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #232
Clockwork

Clockwork is on a distinguished roadClockwork is on a distinguished road

Just doing my random check-in....

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #233
Clockwork

Clockwork is on a distinguished roadClockwork is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobV View Post
LOL How could I forget about ChrisRay! I had him help me update my web site. He quit after not too long after he confessed to me that he was converted to bisexuality.
Btw, I was just thinking about this...but is this the same ChrisRay?

http://www.nvnews.net/articles/chris_ray_memorial/

I have been a long time reader at nvnews and rage3d which he posted at quite often. He passed away in January but never made the connection that they may have been the same person...
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #234
tAnKy

tAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 989
Smile would love to play as well..

Quote:
heh, I guess this is the first post in this thread for 2010. If anyone is on xbox live then feel free to add me: gamelord3000 . So far I have Clockwork as a friend. Would love to play some old school netlinker(s) in Duke Nukem on 360. I'm also open to other games. Or maybe we can get enough people together to make a nl clan on mw2. that would be sweet!
but no XBOX here.. only PS3, and a DreamCast and Saturn, that i keep dream will oneday connect and play as before..
tAnKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #235
tAnKy

tAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the roughtAnKy is a jewel in the rough

Smile ChrisRay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

I have been a long time reader at nvnews and rage3d which he posted at quite often. He passed away in January but never made the connection that they may have been the same person...
for some reason, that name I remember, not sure of game or system or what.. and no matter what sexual orientation he/she was.. it is sad of passing..
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #236
tAnKy

Smile and Max! Yes you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCools View Post
Yow!
I see more former netlinkers have come out from hiding!

I remember sweetchx and Disco187 from the sega channel on stealth net. There was always a core group of people there in the afternoon.
Disco was always funny and easy going. Glad to hear things are going well for the two if you!
Tanky I havent given up hope catching you on PS Home. It will happen!

Talk to you soon Tanks, and take care Disco & sweetchx
running out of patience.. your time zone is Canada correct? and mine is same all over Japan, so add I think? ok just add 15 hours ahead maybe that works?

still wish to know what is the "TANK" you wish to show me?
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #237
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

No way, Chris was a skinny little kid. Besides, I think he was born in 1980.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #238
Ztv

Ztv is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow some actual old Sega Netlinkers in here.

I used to go to WBS way back in the day to Netlink World.

I remember Sapphire Beauty
Lord Zeus, Sega Master, Lint, Mermaid Fantasy and Ill have to think of others...yup I was Ztv there as well.

Nice to see some of us are still around.
Ztv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #239
Overkill
Staff Member

I just looked for a NetLink facebook fan page, and there is not. Not acceptable.

There is now:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NetLin...13560382029768

Last edited by Overkill : July 27th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #240
dee1972

dee1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to dee1972
Nice! Everyone knows that if it isn't on Facebook, it isn't real...
dee1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #241
Overkill
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee1972 View Post
Nice! Everyone knows that if it isn't on Facebook, it isn't real...
That's what they tell me.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #242
Vegetto

Vegetto is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Never thought I would see so many familiar nicks. It's been a loooooooong time. Nice to see your all still around.

I think some people here will recognize me. I do remember most of the people here. I think I spent the majority of the time in #Netlink1 but then went and made #99 and #Sanctuary.

I remember meeting some people IRL off of here. Zonz & Rave & Ratsorizz in Cincinnati and Theresa in San Francisco.

Those were the days. Typing everything with the controller cause I never got around to getting the keyboard until at the end. I know I never used any chat on DC.

I remember a big thing was netlinkers asking @'s cause they were on PC's to help with getting stuff uploaded to our Geocities/Angelfire websites.

Those were the days.....
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #243
Overkill
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto View Post
Wow! Never thought I would see so many familiar nicks. It's been a loooooooong time. Nice to see your all still around.

I think some people here will recognize me. I do remember most of the people here. I think I spent the majority of the time in #Netlink1 but then went and made #99 and #Sanctuary.

I remember meeting some people IRL off of here. Zonz & Rave & Ratsorizz in Cincinnati and Theresa in San Francisco.

Those were the days. Typing everything with the controller cause I never got around to getting the keyboard until at the end. I know I never used any chat on DC.

I remember a big thing was netlinkers asking @'s cause they were on PC's to help with getting stuff uploaded to our Geocities/Angelfire websites.

Those were the days.....
They were, indeed.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM   #244
ScottK

heh, check out the email that i just received.

----------
ScottK?

Is this you, dude? I just noticed you signed my old "guestbook" in 2004 -
http://htmlgear.tripod.com/gw/guest/...l.guest?u=nirv

Man, I have a lot of respect for you, because all those years ago you
generously donated a copy of Magical Dinosaur Tour for the TG16 CDROM. I was
broke and I couldn't find it anywhere online and when you sent it, I
immediately ripped the a track on it which I still have called Turbo
Grafx-16 CD-ROM-Magical_Dinosaur_Tour.mp3

For whatever reason, I've always liked the song. You can find it now on
Youtube in a review of the game. I still have it shrink-wrapped with only
the top slit open.

How's it going with you, Scott?

-Dan (nirv)
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #245
Jonathan

Jonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished road

2010 check-in. All is well on the western front.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #246
MaKaVeLi2003

MaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these parts

Send a message via AIM to MaKaVeLi2003 Send a message via Yahoo to MaKaVeLi2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I know that when I got u to change my name from masterpete69 to MaKaVeLi2003, u said not to ask again once 2003 passed, but....... I mean its been 7 years since u changed my name.. Way I see it, if your credit can start over after 7 years, surely I can get a name change again!

Fuckin reject
Old December 11th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #247
Overkill
Staff Member

Quote:
You live in AZ. So you should drink with krazy and I.
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #248
Jonathan

Jonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished roadJonathan is on a distinguished road

I've secured dricasgaming.com and dricasworld.com.

Also, I have everything from Dricas World and Dricas Gaming archived. What to do with them? Maybe throw them up in a read-only format?

Last edited by Jonathan : January 10th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #249
Overkill
Staff Member

Quote:
I've secured dricasgaming.com and dricasworld.com.

Also, I have everything from Dricas World and Dricas Gaming archived. What to do with them? Maybe throw them up in a read-only format?
That would be pretty sweet.

Do you also have a backup of NLW?
Old February 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #250
ScottK

I just bought netlinkworld.net.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: