ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old February 5th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Zimmerman attempting "celebrity" boxing match

Trying to cling to his 15 minutes...

Quote:
George Zimmerman wants to box rapper DMX in celebrity bout, but no deal yet

Seems like the former neighborhood watchman has found yet another way to remain in the public limelight.

This time, he'll be stepping into a boxing ring. Although no contract has been signed, a promoter is negotiating with rapper DMX to fight him, according to the promoter and a rep for DMX

"DMX has promised to 'beat his ass,' but no contract or paperwork has been signed or agreed to yet," DMX spokesman Domenick Nati told CNN Wednesday.

Zimmerman said the celebrity boxing match was his idea. Boxing was his hobby, he told Radar Online last month, even prior to the "incident."

Full Article
I'm sure most people want to see DMX wipe the floor with him. Part of me doesn't even want to see this happen though, because I don't think this guy deserves any spotlight (especially one he's trying to shine on him self).
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #2
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
DMX is a douche, At first he was all like....rara, I want to fight Zimmerman and wipe the floor with his ass and piss on his face. Then he actually gets accepted to fight him and now he's like, whoa....waitaminute we need to talk money now.

Seems to me that DMX thinks there's potential that he could lose the match to Zimmerman and lose all street cred that he has. So his way of backing out of it now is to talk about the money aspect of it. Sorry buddy, but if you wanted to fight him because of the Trayvon Martin thing, Money should be the last thing on your mind.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #3
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Last edited by 2Legit84 : February 5th, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #4
2Legit84

Last edited by 2Legit84 : February 5th, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #5
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
Based on the testimony of his trainer Zimmerman was a horrible fighter. He never even fought anybody because he had not advanced to that level. The trainer was afraid he would get hurt. He graded Zimmerman's initial ability a 0.5 on a scale of 1-10 and only progressed to a 1. I don't see how Zimmerman could win.
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
You must be new to humanity if you don't understand why someone wouldn't take FULL advantage of an opportunity like celebrity boxing, 2legit84. People would get richer off of this, so why the heck wouldn't DMX talk about the money?

Fact: NO ONE (except maybe his wife) is afraid of George Zimmerman in a ring. I'd kick his ass too in a exhibition bout, as would most people here, but there's no way that I would for nothing, or for peanuts. I'm not fucking Conan. If people are getting paid to watch me behave like an animal in a pit, I'm going to get mine, too.
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #7
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
DMX is a broke crack head, thats why we wants money

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #8
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosRE3 View Post
DMX is a broke crack head, thats why we wants money
Yup... and Zimmerman is a broke low-life, who can't stay out of trouble, and wants money for his divorce lawyer, and/or future defense fund(s). Both are going to want to get as much cash as they possibly can.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #9
2Legit84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
You must be new to humanity if you don't understand why someone wouldn't take FULL advantage of an opportunity like celebrity boxing, 2legit84. People would get richer off of this, so why the heck wouldn't DMX talk about the money?

Fact: NO ONE (except maybe his wife) is afraid of George Zimmerman in a ring. I'd kick his ass too in a exhibition bout, as would most people here, but there's no way that I would for nothing, or for peanuts. I'm not fucking Conan. If people are getting paid to watch me behave like an animal in a pit, I'm going to get mine, too.
Maybe DMX should not have made it so obvious. I guess if he would have a good PR firm, they could have worked the money thing behind the scenes and make it sound like the only reason DMX was in this was to honor Trayvon, but that ain't happening now. I could really careless which of these to come out ahead in the fight. I think it will be funny as hell if Zimmerman owns DMX.
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #10
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
I think it will be funny as hell if Zimmerman owns DMX.
He presumably won't be allowed to carry a gun into the fight.
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #11
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
I think it will be funny as hell if Zimmerman owns DMX.
I would bet money that he will. People dont understand how big of a difference there is between someone who has even done a little boxing training and someone who has zero (which presumably DMX has).

Just knowing how to properly throw a punch, how to react to getting hit and how to move is a HUGE advantage. I have been learning how to box (Olympic style in a legit boxing club, not some boxercise class before you assholes make fun of me, lol) for about a year now. When I first started I was pretty high on myself (i have been in more than a few fights before) and my coach even said I was a pretty natural boxer. But the first time I sparred with someone, it was a lesson in humility for sure, lol.

A few years ago Uwe Boll (the guy who makes awful movies about video games) challenged some on his harshest critics to a boxing match as a PR stunt. Boll has some mild boxing training. Here is what he did to the founder of the Something Awful forums who has absolutely none.

Fast forward to to about 1:38 to see Boll destroy him with a right hook.

Here is another pretty good one of a 15 year old boxer tuning up some dumbass who apparently walked into a gym and challenged people.

those body shots....

Last edited by speKtor : February 6th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #12
Setec

Setec is on a distinguished roadSetec is on a distinguished roadSetec is on a distinguished road

I joined a boxing club for about six months. Spek is completely right about how just mild boxing technique will dominate in a stand up fight. There's so many basic things that a non-trained fighter will have to waste precious brain cycles trying to figure out on the fly that will come instinctively to a trained fighter.

In addition to being more efficient with your punches, training will also create a huge speed advantage too. When your opponent instinctively knows how to duck, bob, throw combinations, etc; things will come to him much quicker and it will appear as if time has slowed down for him. In reality what's happening is that he's trained himself to only having to be aware of a few things, leaving most of it to muscle memory, while you attempt to be hyper-aware of everything.

Last edited by Setec : February 8th, 2014 at 06:26 AM.
Setec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #13
Jerome

Even if nothing is set in stone yet, if I was a family member of DMX's, or in his circle, I'd drag him into a gym and have him taking lessons ASAP. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people wanting to help him, so he could get some of the best training you could ask for. Like rep already said, Zimmerman's MMA trainer, in court, told the jury the guy was a .5 and progressed to a 1 (out of 10), in about a year's time. Do you want to be the guy who loses to a "1 out of 10?"
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #14
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
I'm not even sure how much boxing training Zimmerman has actually had. In court his trainer said he mostly took grappling classes because those were the only ones that fit his school schedule. He said Zimmerman could not even throw a punch properly.
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #15
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
DMX is a douche, At first he was all like....rara, I want to fight Zimmerman and wipe the floor with his ass and piss on his face. Then he actually gets accepted to fight him and now he's like, whoa....waitaminute we need to talk money now.

Seems to me that DMX thinks there's potential that he could lose the match to Zimmerman and lose all street cred that he has. So his way of backing out of it now is to talk about the money aspect of it. Sorry buddy, but if you wanted to fight him because of the Trayvon Martin thing, Money should be the last thing on your mind.
Well, DMX is a 135 pound recovering crack head, with absolutely no combat experience. Zimmerman is 200 pounds plus, and has some MMA training under his belt. I'd want some cash if I was DMX too.
Old February 10th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #16
Jerome

Looks like DMX (and a lot of upset people) don't have to worry...

Quote:
Celebrity fight between rapper DMX, George Zimmerman called off

The celebrity boxing match between rapper DMX and acquitted Florida killer George Zimmerman has been called off, its promoter said on Saturday after threats were made against him.

Civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton, who has backed Martin's family, cautioned against glorifying Zimmerman. The "Cancel George Zimmerman's 'Celebrity' Boxing Match" Facebook page generated 315,000 "likes."

In a statement, a spokesman for DMX said the rapper had never agreed to the fight and it would not affect his concert schedule.

Full Miami Herald Article
I get that a lot of people don't want to see Zimmerman getting any sort of attention, especially considering it's "celebrity" boxing and we all know what he did. Still, they couldn't just leave things alone and just hope he got obliterated in the ring?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: