ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Windows Phone

Nokia Lumia 710 with WP7.5, loving it so far. Work stopped giving us free nextel service and now give us a phone credit.

Some of the deciding factors for me where...

Zune
I love the Zune Pass and application interface. I have owned 4 of these over the years (still have 2, a 16GB HD and 4GB) and am very familiar with navigating and managing them.

Office
I'm a certified Office guru and it's made me a decent living over the years. There have been times where I have had to drive into the office to fix spreadsheets( a whole 10 miles), hopefully this will curtail them trips.I'm sure all smartphones offer this capability to some extent, but I'm an office fanboy! You can link directly into Exchange and I haven't really tinkered with SkyDrive and Office 365 yet...

Xbox
Haven't really tinkered with this too much other than controlling my xbox's dashboard without a controller. Other than that it seems just like a gaming hub... with achievements. This should be interesting

Nokia Drive
Wanted a full fledged turn by turn GPS without the extra monthly fee. It's also nice to download states maps over wifi ahead of time to keep from data capping (i have a 5gb cap before speeds lower, but still)

I still have alot to learn with all of this, but I'm happy with my choice thus far....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #2
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruderb View Post
Nokia Lumia 710 with WP7.5, loving it so far. Work stopped giving us free nextel service and now give us a phone credit.

Some of the deciding factors for me where...

Zune
I love the Zune Pass and application interface. I have owned 4 of these over the years (still have 2, a 16GB HD and 4GB) and am very familiar with navigating and managing them.

Office
I'm a certified Office guru and it's made me a decent living over the years. There have been times where I have had to drive into the office to fix spreadsheets( a whole 10 miles), hopefully this will curtail them trips.I'm sure all smartphones offer this capability to some extent, but I'm an office fanboy! You can link directly into Exchange and I haven't really tinkered with SkyDrive and Office 365 yet...

Xbox
Haven't really tinkered with this too much other than controlling my xbox's dashboard without a controller. Other than that it seems just like a gaming hub... with achievements. This should be interesting

Nokia Drive
Wanted a full fledged turn by turn GPS without the extra monthly fee. It's also nice to download states maps over wifi ahead of time to keep from data capping (i have a 5gb cap before speeds lower, but still)

I still have alot to learn with all of this, but I'm happy with my choice thus far....
Welcome to the club. I love my HTC Titan.
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

most people look at it for about .5 seconds and say apple/android is better. The ones that actually spend some time with it are certainly impressed....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #4
PHISIG

PHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the rough

Live!: NeutronBomb

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to PHISIG Send a message via Yahoo to PHISIG
I'd love to give the Lumia 900 a shot for a little bit at least but alas it's only on ATT and I'm on Verizon. Hopefully verizon gets a flagship Nokia windows phone at some point because I'd like to give it a shot but I'm not about to abandon my unlimited data plan.

Believe me, Jamal's not getting a $2000.00 toy. You must mean little Tommy, or Chip.
PHISIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Quote:
most people look at it for about .5 seconds and say apple/android is better. The ones that actually spend some time with it are certainly impressed....
I love their interface. I love most of what WP7 does. My issues with WP7 are:

-closed ecosystem (iPhone and WP7 require the use of a desktop for syncing, whereas Android is a self-contained portable PC)
-dated hardware (trying to mix Android's multi-vendor approach with Apple's closed-system approach has yielded the use of SOCs that are 12-24 months out-dated)
-As a result of the above, applications for WP7 are either scaled back or non-existent
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #6
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Every 6 weeks or so I get a Windows Phone. It's my work team's "on-call" batphone. I'm not horribly displeased with it. I can check FB, and do a quick search. I can't navigate with it which was disappointing. I won't buy any apps for it (since it's not my phone). Android seemed to have loads of free apps...
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #7
Intruderb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgarriel View Post
Every 6 weeks or so I get a Windows Phone. It's my work team's "on-call" batphone. I'm not horribly displeased with it. I can check FB, and do a quick search. I can't navigate with it which was disappointing. I won't buy any apps for it (since it's not my phone). Android seemed to have loads of free apps...
You don't really get the full effect from the phone until you integrate it with all of your shit, facebook chat, windows messenger, text messaging and others are seemless, all of your contacts from multiple sources (hotmail/facebook/phonebook/exchange and others) purged into a single database. In fact I deleted my facbook app. I cant speak for the other wp7 hardware makers but Nokia has some pretty good homegrown apps. Drive 2 is a full fledge turn by turn GPS thats free with the phone, transit, creative studio and some new ones in the works like Play To which allows you to upload video directly to your tv from your device. Pus I still love the look and feel of Zune.
I know all OS's have there ups and downs, but I think the Nokia/MS marriage will eventually take the business phone market. There is room for 3....

...with all that being said, I am terminating my contract on the 710(under 30 days) and picking up the Lumia 900 from AT&T on the 8th!
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #8
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
You don't really get the full effect from the phone until you integrate it with all of your shit, facebook chat, windows messenger, text messaging and others are seemless, all of your contacts from multiple sources (hotmail/facebook/phonebook/exchange and others) purged into a single database. In fact I deleted my facbook app. I cant speak for the other wp7 hardware makers but Nokia has some pretty good homegrown apps. Drive 2 is a full fledge turn by turn GPS thats free with the phone, transit, creative studio and some new ones in the works like Play To which allows you to upload video directly to your tv from your device. Pus I still love the look and feel of Zune.
I know all OS's have there ups and downs, but I think the Nokia/MS marriage will eventually take the business phone market. There is room for 3....

...with all that being said, I am terminating my contract on the 710(under 30 days) and picking up the Lumia 900 from AT&T on the 8th!
My wife may get the 900.
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I've been debating getting the Lumia 900 as well. It looks pretty slick. I had heard AT&T was offering a deal, where you actually got the phone for free, if you were a new AT&T customer and got a 2 year contract. Not sure if they're still offering it, or if it was only during pre-ordering.
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #10
MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to behold

Live!: MixMasterMike

Games Owned: 4
Games Wanted: 3
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterMike
If Windows Phone had the availability of all the apps iPhone has, I would switch just to have a different UI. There's just too much bang for the buck with the iPhone. It can do anything a Windows phone can do and way more, just in different ways.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Intruderb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterMike View Post
If Windows Phone had the availability of all the apps iPhone has, I would switch just to have a different UI. There's just too much bang for the buck with the iPhone. It can do anything a Windows phone can do and way more, just in different ways.
To each there own I was personally waiting for a nokia/windows device for a bit; I love the Zune interface and as long as its available somewhere I'm in. The apps are a mixed bag, Nokia and MS have some good proprietary shit and some sweet stuff on the horizon. Will the fluff of the marketplace ever catch up to apple and droid ? most likely not. By the time MS hits 550k apple will probaby have a million; but most of its junk. I haven't felt like I was lacking any major thing I wanted so far. Netflix, BoA, Map my Ride, Skymap, ESPN, Foursquare, youtube? all there...
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #12
PHISIG

PHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the roughPHISIG is a jewel in the rough

Live!: NeutronBomb

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to PHISIG Send a message via Yahoo to PHISIG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISIG View Post
I'd love to give the Lumia 900 a shot for a little bit at least but alas it's only on ATT and I'm on Verizon. Hopefully verizon gets a flagship Nokia windows phone at some point because I'd like to give it a shot but I'm not about to abandon my unlimited data plan.

So I actually bought a Lumia 900 on ATT and tried it out.. I had it for 3 days before I returned it. Drove me apeshit. Phone had alot of hardware issues that I didn't care for. Hated going back to the shitty low resolution for starters after having a 720p samoled. Also hated that they didn't use the curved glass from the lumia 800.

Software wise, I liked the ui with the exception of the homescreen and it's severe lack of options. I may give windows phone another try when wp8 comes out but as of right now it's still too far behind compared to what I can do on android. Apps aside the OS just seems to be missing many options and hte hardware is still lagging behind.

Going with the HTC One X in white... its everything the lumia 900 should have been.

Believe me, Jamal's not getting a $2000.00 toy. You must mean little Tommy, or Chip.
PHISIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: