ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
Just bought an Atrix 2

Seemed like maximum AT&T horsepower for minimum price. $275 new without a contract(from a dealer, not craigslist).

Good deal?

I could have gotten it for $50 on an upgrade, but I want my AT&T contract to expire in June so I can switch carriers and drop my wife's phone from the plan.

I currently have an iPhone 4, but the battery life has turned to shit since iOS5 hit and I'm sick of Apple gimping previous gen phones. Same thing happened to me with my iPhone 3G.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
That's an outstanding deal. You're not going to find an unlocked phone near the performance of an Atrix 2 under $500 new.

Out of curiosity, what carrier are you consider switching to and for what reason(s)?
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
That's an outstanding deal. You're not going to find an unlocked phone near the performance of an Atrix 2 under $500 new.

Out of curiosity, what carrier are you consider switching to and for what reason(s)?
Either Verizon or Sprint. Cost is one issue...AT&T contact isn't killing me, but I don't feel like I get good service for what I pay. It's just as expensive as Verizon and the service has become horrible. The chances of me being able to use data during the day are less than 50%. Maybe thats just an iPhone issue, but my commute is painful to say the least. I understand being on the train and constant tower switching, but I didn't have problems until the last year or so. I've replaced my phone since then and it's still an issue...so it has to be the network or iPhones in general.

I suspect that AT&T is just saturated with iPhone traffic at all times and can't handle it. Their last place ranking in Consumer Reports recently has sold me on the switch. I'm paying $140/mo for two phones and data, which I think is ridiculous given the level of service.

My plan is to keep the Atrix 2 for six months then sell it and move on, unless AT&T service drastically improves.
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
I recently switched from Verizon to AT&T so that I can use unlocked phones. While data is faster on AT&T, I've also noticed that in crowded areas the connection is non-existent. Yesterday I had full bars H+ and couldn't even load the Facebook app or the Google front page.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Gamblor

So I get the phone in the mail and it won't read SIM cards. Goddamnit. Have to send it back for replacement.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: