GameStop, Inc.
ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chit Chat Drop in here to discuss whatever you want. Sports, politics, you name it. This would be the place for all off-topic threads.

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2000, 06:49 PM   #26
SPIDERone

SPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 63
Games Wanted: 0
thanks Jon
I'll do my best,at keeping any innapropriate/off topic posts out of the forum..
and anything else that needs to be done

thanks again
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2000, 07:21 PM   #27
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
I guess I missed my chance because I wasnt here last night (for once), But if they screw up, I'd like to be considered as a successor at least, and If you want, I can help out on those attrocious ladder forums.

[email protected]
Old December 24th, 2000, 08:56 PM   #28
natdaddy

natdaddy is on a distinguished roadnatdaddy is on a distinguished roadnatdaddy is on a distinguished roadnatdaddy is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 13
Send a message via AIM to natdaddy
aw man.....

i knew wasnt gonna get picked but if one of the admin can say thanks for trying out id feel alot better and as vampman said i would like to be second string to anyone and help out on the ladder forums.........oh and congrats to the guys that got picked.....
Old December 24th, 2000, 09:10 PM   #29
Wise Gamer

Wise Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Hey, thanks DarkCloud, and to all the others.

And congrats to the SPIDERone, SegaDCStar, and the other that was chosen also.

*Gets ready to open christmas presents and eat christmas dinner*
Old December 24th, 2000, 10:54 PM   #30
neo505

neo505 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Live!: neo505

congrats to all those who got picked. I guess it is better I didn't get picked because I won't have to worry about if what I am posting is setting a bad example or against the forum rules. Like natdaddy and vampman I would like to be considered for second string moderation of the forums. I know it will probably never happen but what the heck.

Wise, did you get anything good for Christmas? I can't open my gifts until tomorrow. I can't wait any longer to open my dvd player! It is driving me crazy.
Old December 24th, 2000, 11:18 PM   #31
Wise Gamer

Wise Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I got some nice stuff for christmas. Look for the topic I'm about the post titled "What did all you gamers get for christmas?"
Old December 24th, 2000, 11:21 PM   #32
sirbills

sirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these parts

Wise gamer

I only got Shenmue for X-mas, I'm poor! lol
Old December 25th, 2000, 01:00 AM   #33
BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: beerhammer

Games Owned: 1
hey damn,,,, guess I was to busy getting drunk and beating my wife and kids to apply- quick somebody hand me an application!

member and founder of the"space wasting, off topic bastards club"

'May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'

R.I.P KRD, I miss you buddy.
Old December 25th, 2000, 03:13 AM   #34
Courtdog

Courtdog has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Live!: Courtdog

Games Owned: 21
I think those choices stink! The new mod's should be Dricasballa, SuperSakiraSonic, and Vampman2k1 because he made my list and his eagles are hosting a home game
Old December 25th, 2000, 05:52 AM   #35
BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: beerhammer

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Raiderz
Hey Big Mike how do i join yur club ...and pass me the bottle!
*lol* easy man, just add it to your signature- open enrolment dontchaknow. Ummm damn dude, the bottles empty,,,, sorry-

member and founder of the"space wasting, off topic bastards club"

'May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'

R.I.P KRD, I miss you buddy.
Old December 25th, 2000, 01:44 PM   #36
APPOCALYPSE66

APPOCALYPSE66 can only hope to improveAPPOCALYPSE66 can only hope to improve

Thanks...i appreciate it

Thanks for the thumbs up. I appreciate that alot. I didnt know that i was accepted untill today, so forgive me for my untimely responce.
Id like to thank sirbills for the compliment, and kidrock (who can flame with the best of them) for not running me down to hard in his post.
I know that alot of you guys dont know me, and have your doubts about my compasity to make any sound judgements, but rest assured that the area that i will moderate will be done with maturity, and not some self absorbed ego trip. Thanks again to Jon, and those who supported me, and to those who feel that i can do the job.
Old December 25th, 2000, 02:23 PM   #37
DaliPicard_The_Creator

DaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished roadDaliPicard_The_Creator is on a distinguished road

Live!: DaliPicard

Send a message via AIM to DaliPicard_The_Creator
I am not a senior member. However I have been around a long time from xmail to netlinkworld. I know the ropes. No conflicts of interest either.

Picard
Old December 26th, 2000, 09:24 PM   #38
Shadowx619

Shadowx619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Shadowx619 Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowx619
ahh ****

jonathan iz it too late aww ****
Old December 27th, 2000, 01:07 AM   #39
XboxStar

XboxStar is on a distinguished roadXboxStar is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to XboxStar
Thanks everyone! And congrats to my fellow-mods & admins: SPIDERone, NoZ, Jon, Apocc & Wise! I love you guys, *sniff*. Lmao.
Old December 27th, 2000, 01:48 AM   #40
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys done congradulating each other for being selected to moderate a forum? Can we move on now?

I'm not sour about anything (believe me, I know firsthand that this stuff is more of a community service project; you put in alot more then you get out) but when I see a bunch of people giving acceptence speeches and thanking others when they all they did was volunteer for a service that sickens me. This is not to discredit the people who where chosen but when you think about the amount that signed up... well it wasn't an astounding figure to say the least. And I won't even get into the talent the John had to select from...

So guys, really I mean lets move on.
Old December 27th, 2000, 02:09 AM   #41
APPOCALYPSE66

Thats the worst damned excuse ive ever seen for "im not sour". It's painfully evident that you are sour, and the "talent" part of that little speech was a low blow.

Thanks for your support!
The acceptance speech from the others and myself were just a way of saying thanks to everyone that we know on here. Im sorry if my speech bored you, and im sorry im not a know it all like yourself. The one thing that I do know is people, and you my freind fall into the cateragory of "dispondent" The obvious attempt at running us down behind a sheild of sarcasim and a notion of not being sour is laughable. Im also sorry four hundred people did not respond to jonathons initial calling. Im sure that many of the guys that were chosen, would of still been chosen on the merits of what they have done to HELP people, and not be a self centered person that we would all like to be someday. As for myself, its highly unlikely i would of been picked out of four hundred people, but I bet I would of been supportive of the person that did.

Heres a little quote ill share wih you now, read it with care.

"Isn't it funny how we type into a computer how we feel, but than never speak what we mean"

[Edited by APPOCALYPSE66 on 12-27-2000 at 01:12 AM]
Old December 27th, 2000, 03:40 AM   #42
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

hmm, what happened to this thread?
Old December 27th, 2000, 05:34 AM   #43
SAiNT-X

SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute

First off, I'm glad that others abeit its was a few, signed up. I'm sure most of us who post on this board could mod. its just that not all of us have the time to give up to do it. And thats just it, all you have to do is give up time...

For heaven sakes you got selected to moderate a forum. I hate to break this to ya but you DID NOT WIN THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE. Nor the presidency. Nor an oscar. You did not develop a linnux kernel for the DC nor did you develop anything to advance the .sfd movies capabilities on the DC. (At least thats not what this thread is congradulating you on.) I'm happy that John has more people to help him but this 4 page "brown-nosing/congradulations/acceptence speech" thread is utterally sickening.

And as you clearly took out of context, when I refered to the talent of those that signed up, I meant that more then half of the people that signed up (although they probably weren't serious) were not senior members and/or they were new to the Sega community. Now don't get me wrong. As I said in my last post (which you clearly missed) was that this doesn't discredit any of the mods. By ranting about the content of this 4 page thread doesn't mean I'm saying you guys suck or anything of that nature.

Now excuse me if you couldn't understand EXACTLY what I'm ranting about. (Hint: Read Paragraph 2) I don't know how I could make myself anymore clear.

[Edited by SAiNT-X on 12-27-2000 at 04:43 AM]
Old December 27th, 2000, 06:51 AM   #44
st_trooper
Banned

st_trooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Live!: xxxx

My two cents.

You don't have to explain yourself Saint-X. I doubt you would want to moderate this forum simply because you have better things to do. You are forgetting that some people here have nothing else going to for them in life hence they spend 10 hours per a day here. And when one gets choosen he/she acts is if their life as suddenly turned 180 degrees. Just ignore them if it sounds as if they are sticking it to you and laugh at them when you are hanging out with your real life buddies, while they are moving post back and forth (exciting ).

[Edited by st_trooper on 12-27-2000 at 05:54 AM]
Old December 27th, 2000, 07:47 AM   #45
SAiNT-X

Thnx for the support st_trooper. But I knew that when I offered my services. In fact thats why I waited a while and thought about if I had the time and if I really wanted to contribute. And I realized I was willing to help John (although I didn't have hours to kill everyday I could spare some time each day) if he wanted it. (Check the old thread if you don't believe me).
Old December 27th, 2000, 08:00 PM   #46
APPOCALYPSE66

Allrite, this is all im going to further say on this topic. You yourself in your post to jon was basically saying "i would like to be a leader again, and that I definately meet all of the requirements and that I have been involved with this for a long time." ok, now who has all of this time? Ive been here for two months. I dont belong to chat groups, becuase 90% of the mods have the same attitude you two guys seem to share. Tee hee, look at me, your gone...teehee. I dont spend hours online, and I do have a job. Its not my fault that i can work three days and make more than you two combined in a week. I dont live off an allowance, and i dont live with mommy and daddy. What i do with my spare time is really of no concern to you. I know i didnt develop the quatom leap factor in the thoery of quantum physics, but i see no billboards with your face on them either. Nobody likes a sore loser, or a loser period. I know you wanted the job enough to piss and moan like you have been, and NO, i havent taken anything of yours out of context. If you yourself would read your first post to jon, than read what you posted to us "brown nosers" you might realize where im coming from. like i said kid, i know people, and thats a fact. You can spread as much horseshi* as you would like to mask the odor of your resentment for not being picked, but we all know the truth. "I would like to be a leader again" Sounds to me that the Napolean complex is what you are all about. Now, Im done with you two, I dont need to explain your feelings to you anymore, and if the speeches were to much for you, i wonder what you would of done if you would of got the job.....thats what i thought. Its not a job, but a hobby. nobody gets paid, and none of us spend 10 hours here online. get yourself a life kids, and play in the park. bye bye now....and dont fall off the swings...you can crop and paste that if youd like...

[Edited by APPOCALYPSE66 on 12-27-2000 at 07:03 PM]
Old December 27th, 2000, 08:10 PM   #47
VampMan

Well said... this thread went from Jonathan looking for mods to an almost half decent flame thread that is just minutes away from blowing up... and I thought we left this in the old broken down forums lol.

what was that quote? ah screw it, who cares?
Old December 27th, 2000, 08:33 PM   #48
SAiNT-X

To avoid a potential flamewar I'm not going to comment on your reply. This is my last post on this thread...

[Edited by SAiNT-X on 12-27-2000 at 07:50 PM]
Old December 27th, 2000, 08:49 PM   #49
APPOCALYPSE66

Saint, if st_trooper would not of posted on here, you would of had an apology from me. I came into the post earlier to do just that, and Instead, I find another reason to post mean and nasty things. Im not out to be an enemy with you man. and im not out to be any hero either. I just try and do what is rite. That is all that i ask from myself. I dont make it a point to "seek and destroy" as another person on here seems to do (cough-st_trooper) but i will not back down from anyone if they rub me wrong. I forget sometimes that my cutting sense of humor displeases many, and my points will be made with all ammo installed. Whats my point? My apology to you. I will no longer post on this subject, so i offer the hand of peace. you made your point, i made mine. Its done. Now, we can act like men, and do this, or we can be babies, and piss on one another on every post we act uppon. Im hoping you accept my apology, becuase im not out to make enimies.

Thanks man, and take care.
Old December 27th, 2000, 09:32 PM   #50
APPOCALYPSE66

Ok than. i see you edited your post after my open apology was up. your last post just said NO COMMENT before, now it says.....ah....something about avoiding a flame war, rather than saying something to the effect of "yeh, im sorry to man, lets forget this whole thing and be men about." I take it you read my apology post, laughed it up a bit and basically told me to stick it with that last post. yeh, you surely are the better man......
[oops, sarcasim again] Subject done, closed and forever a figment of my imagination.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: