ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Politics 2017 WTF thread

No, really....seriously...honestly....

What The Fuck is going on?

The POTUS is a serial, sociopathic bullshitter. He lies and makes shit up at will. Given a interview platform, he will babble incoherently. He attacks his own people on social media.

Two things that really blow me away: one is his utterly amoral dishonesty. Yes, politicians shade the truth and phrase things to their own advantage. But THIS guy is something else.

The other thing is, its basically acknowledged that Russia sought to sway our elections. And to some measure, they've succeeded. Maybe I'm just old, but back in the day, this would be a major fucking outrage. Now, its like people just shrug and move on.

Honest to god, I don't get whats going on here. I can't imagine an outcome that doesn't involve impeachment.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2017, 05:02 PM   #2
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
No, really....seriously...honestly....

What The Fuck is going on?

The POTUS is a serial, sociopathic bullshitter. He lies and makes shit up at will. Given a interview platform, he will babble incoherently. He attacks his own people on social media.

Two things that really blow me away: one is his utterly amoral dishonesty. Yes, politicians shade the truth and phrase things to their own advantage. But THIS guy is something else.

The other thing is, its basically acknowledged that Russia sought to sway our elections. And to some measure, they've succeeded. Maybe I'm just old, but back in the day, this would be a major fucking outrage. Now, its like people just shrug and move on.

Honest to god, I don't get whats going on here. I can't imagine an outcome that doesn't involve impeachment.
He will not be impeached, without becoming an anchor yet. We are in phase 2 of the impeachment march. We need to get to phase 3 (inevitable fallout that irrevocably costs the republicans the Senate and the House), before they will move to impeach.

Russian didn't just try to sway our elections. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY believe they SUCCEEDED.

The real issue ins't Trump. Its the fact that people treat POLITICS like its a TEAM SPORT now.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #3
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I'm not big on politics, but I'm no fan of the President or his team

I can't even believe he is our President. Not saying I was a huge fan of Hillary either, but almost every week I don't think could get worse, but it seems like it does. I don't think he'll get impeached. We'll just have to ride out this shit storm for 3 1/2 more years.

I really don't like what he did to the FCC, Betsy DuVos, the EPA, and plenty more.

I just can't believe what he's doing to America. Great my ass. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #4
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
I'm not big on politics, but I'm no fan of the President or his team

I can't even believe he is our President. Not saying I was a huge fan of Hillary either, but almost every week I don't think could get worse, but it seems like it does. I don't think he'll get impeached. We'll just have to ride out this shit storm for 3 1/2 more years.

I really don't like what he did to the FCC, Betsy DuVos, the EPA, and plenty more.

I just can't believe what he's doing to America. Great my ass. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that.
It used to be hard for me to believe. But as I look at our country, I've been forced to accept that there simply are more stupid people than smart ones.

That, I believe is just a fact.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:30 AM   #5
Orinoco Flow

Orinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 0
Shit-heads who voted for Trump really believed he'd make America great again. Trump epitomizes how fucked up America is, the ugly American. Odd how he has the gall to badmouth others' looks with a face like his.

He's a crook who evaded prosecution for fraud by running for Prez. WTF??? The way his son keeps getting caught in lies about the Russian spy meeting is something else. Makest it easy to believe there was collaboration or/and collusion. Does anybody believe Trump wasn't involved or was uninformed? It's clear the Russians hacked our election, undermining the processes of our democratic republic. Espionage at the very least. Sabotage or an attack that was an act of war. For Trump to be a part of such I can only believe was treasonous. I believe he's the worst sort of shitbag crook.

And he's removing what little protections we have from the corporate shit-heads. Without which they have free reign to poison and enslave us. Not that it's not done already. But it gives encouragement to do it even moreso. When what business should be encouraged to be innovative in ways to profit while promoting equity and a healthy environment.

No, I think the fucker should be impeached at the very least.
Orinoco Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #6
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Looks like he has beat last week and said the stupidest shit ever today. Wonder what next week will bring?
Old August 16th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #7
Orinoco Flow

Orinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to behold

He's a colostomy.

Remember the Central Park five? Al Sharpton pointed out how even after the real perpetrator finally confessed, after his DNA matched to exonerate the five and their convictions vacated, total tool Trump insisted they never should have been released. (I remember hearing about the case in the news and how they were finally let go after getting railroaded.) Then it takes two days for advisors to talk Trump into denouncing white supremacists after that girl was murdered in Charlottesville. It's a pattern with Trump as to keeping silent about incidents of racist travesty when he won't STFU about everything else. But no, let's not call Trump a shitbird racist. The fuck I won't! Trump is a shitbird racist!! But not like we didn't already know!

Damn! When do we lose this turd?
Old August 16th, 2017, 07:12 PM   #8
Orinoco Flow

Oh, shit!

I missed the news yesterday. I just caught it today. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!
Old August 17th, 2017, 08:25 PM   #9
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krakken View Post
It used to be hard for me to believe. But as I look at our country, I've been forced to accept that there simply are more stupid people than smart ones.
Not only is it true, the ratio is not even close.
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:05 AM   #10
Orinoco Flow

So, yesterday the Shit calls for preservation of Confederate monuments. Fuck NO! The Confederacy was an attempt to preserve a system of slavery. It is shame and a blight on America that such monuments to slavery should have ever been allowed at all. Shit, he might as well have just worn a KKK hood when said that shit.

When a shit like that can be Prez then it must be true : the stupid people are the majority. This points to how everybody is is wasting time grousing over so many different ailments of the Nation, aimless cutting of social programs, when there is one behind them all : the dismal failure and antiquity of our education system. Update, fix that, see to it that even in the poorest areas a good education can be had and other things will improve.
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #11
SmAsHeD IxNaY

Another one bites the dust...

This presidency is an absolute joke. We are reality tv for the rest of the world to watch.
Old August 19th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #12
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Not only is it true, the ratio is not even close.
I usually don't get involved in political talk or whatever, it's all a joke.

However, I love people's mentality that everyone is stupid simply because they don't agree with their views. There is no denying that this POTUS is green and doesn't really know what he's doing. People voted him in because they were tired of the same shit (I told everyone here in April 2016 that the Republican candidate would win because swing voters swing every 8 years) and his opponent was a joke.

Meanwhile, in the United States we have people dropping like flies off heroin and fentanyl, people wanting to be called "neither" female or male, people who honestly believe cops are out to kill blacks, and after 200+ years we have liberals who are all of a sudden offended by Confederate monuments.

Yet, the one new thread of the year here is a Donald Trump bashing thread named "Politics 2017 WTF thread".
Old August 22nd, 2017, 06:28 PM   #13
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
However, I love people's mentality that everyone is stupid simply because they don't agree with their views.
It has nothing to do with a disagreement in views. You are either being deliberately obtuse or just willfully ignorant (Seeing how its you, I would guess the former). its because they believe things that are objectively stupid and have little, if any, connection to reality.

We are not talking about people having differing opinions on economic model's, how much power individual states should have or any number of reasonable ideological differences. We are talking about;

42% of republican's believing that the Barack Obama is Kenyan.

the 47% who believe that Trump won the popular vote.

Or how about 42% of Americans that do not believe AT ALL in evolution? (if you include people who believe we evolved but with God's help the number is a staggering 73%)

The majority of people think Climate change is either non existent or just natural phenomenom

16% of people actually thought Trump would get Mexico to pay for a border wall. That might not sound very high but considering the idea is flat out insane even 1% is too high.

How about the 25% of Americans and 34% of EU people who think the Sun revolves around the Earth?

or, worst of all, what about the 45% of Americans that did not even bother to fucking vote? (and many Countries, including Canada, don't fair a whole lot better).

Last edited by speKtor : August 22nd, 2017 at 06:33 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 08:59 PM   #14
BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: beerhammer

Games Owned: 1
I can rest easy at night, I didn't vote for the POS. Hillary was totally the lesser of two evils!! If we can survive his term without him starting world war 3 it will be a miracle!

member and founder of the"space wasting, off topic bastards club"

'May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'

R.I.P KRD, I miss you buddy.
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #15
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I usually don't get involved in political talk or whatever, it's all a joke.
It's not a joke if you're the one getting fucked. Politics has winners and losers, and if you win, you get a chance to advance your agenda. If you lose, then somebody puts their agenda on you.

Quote:
However, I love people's mentality that everyone is stupid simply because they don't agree with their views. There is no denying that this POTUS is green and doesn't really know what he's doing. People voted him in because they were tired of the same shit (I told everyone here in April 2016 that the Republican candidate would win because swing voters swing every 8 years) and his opponent was a joke.
Stupid is as stupid does, as the old saying goes. Hiring someone to do an important job because he talks tough, even though he has no clue how to do the job, is pretty fucking stupid. People profess to wanting straight talk: well here it is...voting for Trump was a stupid thing to do.

Incidentally, people have been "tired of the same old shit" for a generation now. We keep electing outsiders to fix the mess that is Washington. Carter was an outsider. So was Reagan. So was Clinton. So was GWB. So was Obama. So is Trump. When are we going to figure out that this dynamic just doesn't work the way we imagine it to?

Quote:
Meanwhile, in the United States we have people dropping like flies off heroin and fentanyl, people wanting to be called "neither" female or male, people who honestly believe cops are out to kill blacks, and after 200+ years we have liberals who are all of a sudden offended by Confederate monuments.

Yet, the one new thread of the year here is a Donald Trump bashing thread named "Politics 2017 WTF thread".
The real question is, why weren't we offended before by Confederate monuments? Why are we celebrating people that fought to defend enslavement? Traitors to their nation? Then we look at the context and see how many of these monuments were just a spiteful fuck you to the Civil Rights movement, and the cultural reinforcement of Jim Crow. I mean...doesn't that offend you?

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #16
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 186
Has it ever been stated what shall be done with these statues after they are removed? I am ok with their relocation - less visible areas, museums, a warehouse, etc. Even if it represents an ugly part of our history I do not think they should be destroyed. Even though I dislike the statues I found it very disturbing watching people tear it down and stomp on it.
Old August 29th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #17
Orinoco Flow

Exclamation

There was a thing on PBS the other day on the history of the KKK. It was during the "second era" of the Clan that the Confederate memorials were erected out of racism. History has left no room for any doubt whatsoever that such monuments were for wanting to institute another system for enslaving people of colour not in name outright (only for avoidance of legal consequences) but via economic inequity, educational inequity, refusing voter rights, "Jim Crow" and denial of civil rights. I am so tired of hearing fucktards getting on television saying such monuments are not from racism. Just blatant fucking liars looking to prey on public credulity and failure of an antiquated educational system!

I was going to reply to ibe6yoube9 but you pretty much said what I wanted to. And said very well.

Just one or two things left to touch on...

Equating asexuals with heroin addiction??? WTF??? Having a problem with nonconformists to the perceived gender binary comes out of plain ignorance or lack of education. Such Nimrods should consult with an obstetrician for some of the simple facts of biology.

Racism does persist on our police forces. But there's more to it. The way the legal system is set up, effectually, the police have a licence to kill. Makes for a murderous combination and national tragedy/disgrace! As well as a farce of our freedoms! Racism is the biggie as to bigotry but not the only prejudice. Racism is damned bad enough but there's more. Any perceived nonconformity to norms of an antiquated white patriarchal society may be seen as "suspicious behavior" by cops. There is even a perceived curfew on pedestrian travel (motor vehicles are just fine) where none is written into the law books. Police behaviour can be draconian and few restraints are put to prohibit it. They don't deserve the blind trust which society brainwashes us into giving them. When it comes to balance of power in government (which our PoS POTUS is working hard to finish off) our police forces are given far too much. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We can't have a free society until this is curbed.
Old August 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #18
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 690
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by erp View Post
Has it ever been stated what shall be done with these statues after they are removed? I am ok with their relocation - less visible areas, museums, a warehouse, etc. Even if it represents an ugly part of our history I do not think they should be destroyed. Even though I dislike the statues I found it very disturbing watching people tear it down and stomp on it.
We're not talking about a handful of statues that were erected in 1865 in honor of the "great" confederate generals. And we're certainly not talking about great works of art.

Most of the thousands of statues came much much later, and not erected to preserve history, or honor great men. They were effectively mass-produced, and have little historical value.

Quote:
"Why would you put a statue of Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson in 1948 in Baltimore?"
http://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544266...emacist-future

Quote:
But many Confederate monuments were essentially “mail order” sculptures mass produced by Northern and Southern foundries during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Whatever value they have as historical artifacts, they were not the work of some latter-day Michelangelo.
https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...hite-supremacy

Nice little map here: https://www.splcenter.org/news/2017/...rate-monuments
Old August 30th, 2017, 03:25 AM   #19
Orinoco Flow

Aaaw shit, erp slid his post in before mine. Maybe I should've stated specifically who I was talking to but with the meager amount of traffic here I didn't think that would be a problem. It was supposed to be right after Shaolin's post.

Fuck Joe Arpaio.

@Viper, excellent job.

Last edited by Orinoco Flow : August 30th, 2017 at 03:39 AM.
Old October 7th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #20
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
The real question is, why weren't we offended before by Confederate monuments? Why are we celebrating people that fought to defend enslavement? Traitors to their nation?

I have always found this very weird. You have state governments flying a flag that symbolizes rebelling against the US government (the same government they are part of!) and opposed the very idea of what the US is now. Its fucking bizarre.
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:22 AM   #21
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 690
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by erp View Post
Old October 18th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #22
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
man you guys are getting trolled so hard it's funny.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:10 AM   #23
Orinoco Flow

Did you like what Trump and Pruitt did to the EPA? Did you believe Obama admin EPA waged war against the coal industry?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: