ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old April 4th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #1
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Xbox Project Scorpio reveal

Digital Foundry and Eurogamer will be revealing Project Scorpio Thursday. This has been rumored since last week, but today DF tweeted the following:

Quote:
To clear up the speculation: @digitalfoundry will have an exclusive Xbox Scorpio reveal on @eurogamer this Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific.
No clue if they're going to just discuss the hardware specs, and maybe some benchmark tests from a couple games, or if they'll also show off the actual system, so we can see what it looks like.
Old April 4th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

A couple more tweets from @JezCorden (Senior at WindowsCentral):

Quote:
Not gonna wreck it for Eurogamer, but expect huge, positive surprises on Thursday. Xbox fans will be elated by the findings, I think.
and...

Quote:
I heard that Scorpio might be smaller than the Xbox One S a while back, but I haven't written it up cus it's just like... what?
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:33 PM   #3
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough

Games Owned: 104
Neat.
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #4
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
watched the video, very impressive. Now if they can actually make some games....wow we can play old games in 4k.....don't care make some new ones thanks.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM   #5
Jerome

Comparison between Scorpio and PS4 Pro:

Scorpio Specs
8 core CPU @ 2.3 Ghz
GPU - 40 compute units running @ 1172MHz
12 GBs GDDR5 memory with 8 reserved for games
326GB/s memory bandwidth
1 TB hard drive w/ 50% increase in bandwidth compared to current Xbox One
4K UHD Blu-ray drive

Playstation 4 Pro
8 core CPU @ 2.1 Ghz
GPU - 36 compute units @ 911Mhz
8 GBs GDDR 5 memory with 5 reserved for games
218GB/s memory bandwidth
1 TB hard drive (not sure about bandwidth improvement)
Standard Blu-ray drive

Hopefully Microsoft has some good stuff to show at E3. Forza, Sea of Thieves, and Crackdown are a given... probably Cuphead too.
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #6
Jerome

What really impressed me was Forza was ported to the Scorpio in 2 days, and could do 4K at 60 FPS with 66% GPU utilization. That's with the addition of 4K assets. They raised things to what would be considered ultra settings and they maintained 4K at 60 FPS with 88% GPU utilization. That bodes well for any developers who want to patch current titles, and Digital Foundry also said games that make use of dynamic resolution (Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 for example) will have an immediate benefit.

Also, there's great news for 1080p television owners. Microsoft is requiring developers use supersampling.

Quote:
Performance modes should be accessible to 4K users, while ultra HD rendering should super-sample down for those 1080p displays. Microsoft has mandated this to all developers...
This has been something that has disappointed PS4 Pro users, so it's awesome that Microsoft is requiring it.

Last edited by Jerome : April 6th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Jerome

Forza on Scorpio
https://youtu.be/EYfj0Ah0SfI
Old April 11th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #8
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
I honestly cannot think of a single game I would buy an Xbox for.

I mean, it looks amazing and all but that was never the problem really.
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #9
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post

Crackdown, but I'm not sure that's ever coming. And I'm not buying a console for 1 game.
Old April 15th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #10
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post

It's definitely been a problem lately! I'm really hoping ghost recon makes a PvP MP and a new Halo comes out with it at launch....It's due and I'm sure will be a mainstay at E3.

I have a $200 gift card to GameStop and I figure I'll trade in my Xbox one S and hopefully be even. If not I'll unload my switch after I beat the new Mario, then I'll pick one up.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #11
Jerome

As far as first party stuff is concerned I think these are all pretty much a guarantee at this year's E3.

Crackdown 3 - I think I remember reading Phil Spencer say they announced this game too early (2014 maybe?), but that they are right on schedule and we will see the game this year.

Cuphead - This game is in the same boat as Crackdown. It was announced a long time ago but we haven't seen much of it since. Fortunately I think it's been for good reasons. I believe it was originally just going to be boss battle upon boss battle, but then they actually added regular platforming levels, which I was happy to hear about. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back to get some optimization for Scorpio, with 4K assets.

Halo 6 - Microsoft usually releases a new Halo game anywhere from 2 to 3 years apart (with a couple exceptions) and Halo 5 will have come out 2 years ago this fall. So we might not see much, but I suspect there will be at least a trailer.

Forza Motorsport 7 - Turn 10 releases Motorsport, and now Horizon, like clock work. Each series comes out every other year, and if that holds true this year it's FM7, with Horizon next year.

Minecraft - I'm sure there will be your typical announcements of new updates for Minecraft, and getting them closer to parity, since certain platforms are further along than others. Maybe they'll talk about the new currency system they'll be implementing in a few months, where players can create, buy and sell their own user generated content, items, etc.

Sea of Thieves - people have been playing this game for weeks now, through an insider program. I'm in it, but unfortunately I haven't been selected for any of the gaming sessions yet. They started out with a small group (1000 users maybe?), and have been ramping it up with more people each weekend. I think we'll see a lot of new footage at E3.

I'm sure there will be some surprises. Not sure we'll see something from The Coalition, and with the Voodoo Vince Remastered coming out next week, that won't be at E3... but perhaps Microsoft will have a new IP or two, and/or resurrect another IP from the past. I also wouldn't be surprised if a few bigger, current Xbox One games have announcements for patches to bring those games up to 4K on Scorpio... like Halo 5, and maybe even Gears 4.

Last edited by Jerome : April 15th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: