ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #1
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Jumped on the Playstation bandwagon

Over the weekend I snagged a used Playstation 4, after a family member upgraded to a Playstation 4 Pro. I don't have any games for it yet, but after remembering I had a $25 GameStop gift card sitting around, I ordered Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. After sales tax and shipping I had to pay like $2 bucks. I never played any of the Uncharted games, so once I complete these I'll move to Uncharted 4.

I'll probably pick up Battlefield 1 and The Last of Us fairly soon, but any other suggestions? Any hidden gems on the PSN online store?

Also, fun fact, this is the fist Playstation console I've ever owned! I've played the previous systems quite a bit, but never had to buy one myself because my college roommates and suite-mates would be the ones to get them.
Old March 29th, 2017, 01:27 PM   #2
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty damn awesome. So is Nioh. For older games I would throw Until Dawn, Bloodborne (have some blood pressure meds handy lol) and DriveClub (which might still be the most amazing looking PS4 game) out there. Firewatch, Everybody has got to the rapture and Unravel are PSN games worth the couple bucks they cost now.

And despite all the vitriol from morons on the internet No Man's Sky is really cool too. Even more so now as they have added some MASSIVE updates to it.

If you have not played The Last of Us though i would very mucn encourage you to play that before anything. For my money it is one of the 5 (maybe even 3) best games ever made.

Last edited by speKtor : March 29th, 2017 at 01:29 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #3
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
If you've never had a PS3 I would get most of the remakes; God of War 3, The Last of Us, etc. Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider are great (both on the Xbox one though).

My advice would be hit up the flash sales they will have. I got a lot of good games for $6. I'm not a fan of the free PlayStation Plus games and I don't know if it's worth it if you don't have a Vita or PS3.
Old April 4th, 2017, 04:13 PM   #4
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

My copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection finally arrived today. I'm playing through Ryse: Son of Rome, but should beat it tonight. I'll start Uncharted right afterwards.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #5
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Like speKtor said, The Last Of Us is really, REALLY that good.
Old April 14th, 2017, 11:31 PM   #6
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Like speKtor said, The Last Of Us is really, REALLY that good.
This is currently on sale for $8 on the PSN store. I would pick up Tomb Raider DE as well. It's on sale for $7.50.
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #7
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
This is currently on sale for $8 on the PSN store. I would pick up Tomb Raider DE as well. It's on sale for $7.50.
Nice! Thanks for the tip! I already have Tomb Raider DE on the Xbox One (when it was one of the Games with Gold titles), but The Last of Us is on my list of games I want to get. I'm probably going to pick up Battlefield 1 and Horizon Zero Dawn very soon too.

I finished the first Uncharted, but haven't started the second one yet. I think I will tonight, once the family goes to bed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: