ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old January 26th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #26
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
I'm going to be really curious as to how well Sea of Thieves does. I'm interested in it, and if it's good I'm definitely going to buy it. Anyway, it's one of those rare, new IPs Microsoft has coming.

In regards to Microsoft dropping IPs too quickly, I'm pretty sure we'll see a new Alan Wake, and Remedy and Microsoft has gone back and forth about it. The problem now is apparently Remedy is busy at work on two completely new games (hey, new IPs?!). I'm sure/hoping they'll re-visit Alan Wake after these titles. But that's just speculation.
Old January 27th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #27
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'm going to be really curious as to how well Sea of Thieves does. I'm interested in it, and if it's good I'm definitely going to buy it. Anyway, it's one of those rare, new IPs Microsoft has coming.

In regards to Microsoft dropping IPs too quickly, I'm pretty sure we'll see a new Alan Wake, and Remedy and Microsoft has gone back and forth about it. The problem now is apparently Remedy is busy at work on two completely new games (hey, new IPs?!). I'm sure/hoping they'll re-visit Alan Wake after these titles. But that's just speculation.
I'll have to google this, but I recall not too long after the release of Alan Wake Remedy wanted to do a sequel, but Microsoft wouldn't green light it.

Then pretty recently Phil Spencer was asked about a sequel, and said Remedy was too busy at this point. So if I had to guess the game failed to do the numbers Microsoft wanted, so they refused to fund the sequel. Since Phil is running the Xbox division, maybe he was trying to get it done, I dunno. But at this point it's been what? 7 years?
Old January 27th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #28
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
I'll have to google this...
You pretty much summed it up. Remedy was ready to do Alan Wake 2, and I believe they even had some working code, but Microsoft wasn't ready to commit. I think you're right about sales not being what they had hoped for.

The last thing I read, from this past fall, indicates Phil Spencer would be interested in releasing a sequel, but said Remedy "has to want to make the game." I don't know if that is just him referring to the fact they're working on a couple other games now (and I hope that's the case)... or it's a subtle hint that Microsoft would love to have it on the platform, but they're not willing to front the cash to be the ones to publish it.
Old January 30th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #29
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
They just need to get a Crackdown sequel and I'll be an owner. Until then...no dice.

Shit, the Switch is honestly more compelling to me than an XBone at this point.
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:32 AM   #30
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
They just need to get a Crackdown sequel and I'll be an owner. Until then...no dice.
I'm hoping we finally get to see a lot of Crackdown 3 at this year's E3. After Scalebound got cancelled Microsoft assured fans that the game is still on track, and I guess Phil Spencer told somebody on Twitter, who asked about a public beta, that it would "make sense to do." I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Old February 10th, 2017, 03:48 PM   #31
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Both Halo 5 and Gears 4 are fantastic games. Halo 5 was hurt simply because of 343's awful track record with Halo 4 and especially MCC which is still broken to this day. Halo 5 is a much better product then both of those by a long shot. I would put Halo 5's MP as the best in the series right next to Halo 2.
Agreed with this, but I will admit it took me sometime to get used to.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #32
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I think i'm just tired of Halo. Unless there's some drastic changes I doubt I'll even bother with Halo 6.
Old March 9th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #33
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Gears 4 was extra boring. This coming from me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: