ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1026
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
That was not a good version of Overeem at all. That was probably the worst performance he's had in 3 or 4 years from start to finish. He looked lazy out there most of the time. He needs to quit thinking he's such a big, bad bully in a division full of guys that are nearly 300lbs. He needs to just go in for the kill, fuck the playing with a guy shit.

He looked alot like he normally does IMHO. I didnt see a huge difference.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1027
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

"You come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Old July 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1028
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
"You come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Nice!

Lot's of people bitching about that fight but I've never been more satisfied by the result of a fight in the 6 years I've bee watching MMA. That was HILARIOUS.
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1029
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven View Post
Nice!

Lot's of people bitching about that fight but I've never been more satisfied by the result of a fight in the 6 years I've bee watching MMA. That was HILARIOUS.
Loved it. Silva is a clown and he lost while clowning. I see no problem with that. He wins clowning and now he lost clowning.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1030
OneEyedJap

OneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud ofOneEyedJap has much to be proud of

Live!: Bill Cosby Jr

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via MSN to OneEyedJap
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Loved it. Silva is a clown and he lost while clowning. I see no problem with that. He wins clowning and now he lost clowning.
Ditto. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the fight and the whole place erupted when he got put on his ass.

The only thing I'm dissatisfied with is that I'll never know if the outcome would've been different if Silva didn't fight like a jackass. If Silva actually keeps his hands up, protects himself, and fights like a professional... who wins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave View Post
I'm not gay or anything, but if Tom Brady wanted to have sex with me, I'd probably have too out of general principle.
OneEyedJap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1031
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedJap View Post
Ditto. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the fight and the whole place erupted when he got put on his ass.

The only thing I'm dissatisfied with is that I'll never know if the outcome would've been different if Silva didn't fight like a jackass. If Silva actually keeps his hands up, protects himself, and fights like a professional... who wins?
Still Weidman I think. Silva needed to showboat to get Weidman to strike with him. Otherwise he would have stuck with his wrestling. To be quite honest, after Silvas quick tap to Ryo Chonan's leg lock back in the day, I was very surprised he didn't tap in the first. That kneebar was in really deep for about half a second. To the point where it was definitely hurting Silva.
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #1032
speKtor

That was fucking horrific. I have seen the Corey Hill injury a million times but seeing that happen live was fucked up.

Silva may never fight again.
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1033
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
karma for all the showboating

that was fucking nasty
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #1034
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
The end of an era... First St. Pierre is history (for now) and now Anderson Silva is on the shelf indefinitely. Only one remaining: Jon Jones. Hopefully Alexander Gustafsson will finish what he started with Jones.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1035
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
karma for all the showboating
Yep. I wasted a lot of money seeing that faggot dance around with Cote instead of fight. I really hope it hurt as much as humanly possible.
Old January 8th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #1036
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: xIceCBx
PSN: IceCB

Games Owned: 56
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 08:34 AM   #1037
speKtor

The cocaine story got all the attention but the far more interesting story about Jones' drug tests is how his testosterone levels were abnormally low (which would indicate some sort of PED use or masking agent) and the rumour that he hid under the cage at his gym to avoid a random drug test.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/7/...normal-hormone

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: