ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM   #1
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Samsung Galaxy S5

Is anyone excited about this? Tomorrow the reveal is supposed to happen, so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm hoping the screen size won't be 5.2" like the rumors say, but if it is I can deal with it. I hope it'll have front facing speakers like the HTC One. It'll most likely be a triband phone on Sprint, so that has me excited also. If it's made of aluminum I wouldn't mind that either. Hopefully the battery gives you more all day use. What I hope it doesn't have is a crap load of bloatware. If it does, then I hope you can take it off without having to root the phone. I'm sure that'll be wishful thinking though.

If I'm not impressed with the S5, I may just wait to see the official specs of the iPhone 6.
Old February 24th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #2
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I never understood the appeal of aluminum phones. I can drop my plastic phone without it shattering and permanently denting.
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #3
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Not impressed at all. I'll keep my S4 a bit longer now.
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
I never understood the appeal of aluminum phones. I can drop my plastic phone without it shattering and permanently denting.
It also allows for use of a "cheaper", lower profile case. JMHO.
You are correct in your assessment, sir.

I am going to get one.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
Not impressed at all. I'll keep my S4 a bit longer now.
It looks terrible. What were they thinking?
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #6
SmAsHeD IxNaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
It looks terrible. What were they thinking?
I don't know how this phone is getting 'back to basics.' They keep making screen size bigger (thus making the phone overall bigger), still looks like a Galaxy S3/S4 (just bigger), still has 2GB RAM, almost same size battery, and the back looks like a band-aid.

Maybe I was hoping for too much out of this phone, but I was really hoping to get it because I need a triband phone for Sprint. I'll most likely just keep my S4 and wait for the HTC One 2014 edition or iPhone 6 (so long as it's 4.7").

I finally held an HTC One about 3 weeks back and it seemed perfect. The screen wasn't too small, but not too big either. I could hold it comfortably in my hand and it just looked great. I'm hoping the 2014 edition keeps the same screen size and HTC can sway me away. We'll see though. Till then, Samsung dropped the ball on the S5.
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #7
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
I finally held an HTC One about 3 weeks back and it seemed perfect. The screen wasn't too small, but not too big either. I could hold it comfortably in my hand and it just looked great. I'm hoping the 2014 edition keeps the same screen size and HTC can sway me away. We'll see though. Till then, Samsung dropped the ball on the S5.
I have one. My one gripe is that it slips out of my hand a lot, so you may want a case. Maybe I have overly soft hands.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #8
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
Quote:
I have one. My one gripe is that it slips out of my hand a lot, so you may want a case. Maybe I have overly soft hands.
My S3 slips without case. Planning on getting the S5

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosRE3 View Post
My S3 slips without case. Planning on getting the S5
Completely hard to hold.
Will get one July/August because it is not that weak of an upgrade. My 3 is still fucking better than most phones I fuck with, and will be a total just for fun move on my part. Could it have been groundbreaking? Sure, but I am good.

Old June 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #10
Z_E_R_O

I had planned on getting an s5 just based off my s3 experience, but said fuck it and just planned on keeping the s3 and see what's good at Christmas. The g3LTE unified builds got real fucking good. Mainly NamelessROM, AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, and AOSB among others. OMNIRom has started being a solid base. SHIT WAS GOOD! Was happy, not spending extra money, using good stuff. Then I was on the way to work and the screen never came back on. 8 days from my upgrade. So aster Sprint Store annoyed the shit out of me I just paid the 25 bucks and went to Best Buy and got the m8. Why did I ever go with Samsung again? This thing is solid. I have changed my opinion of build quality. Taking my s3 out of the case and messing with it...total cheap shit. Gunmetal grey, metal body for the win.

Old June 25th, 2014, 07:14 PM   #11
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Who cares what the case is made of if you're going to put it in a plastic case anyway?

FTR, I prefer plastic. It survives dropping so much better.

I hate HTCs for their bullshit with S on/off. I do like the radio and calculator widgets though.
Old June 26th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #12
Z_E_R_O

Although I prefer s-off, most of what you can do as far as custom roms can be done s-on. Lots of myths about s-off.
As for building quality, this thing doesn't flex. Just solid. Having been on both sides of the debate I must say there is something to appreciate in something well built.
The one thing I must say is Sense has came a long way. The HTC keyboard is fucked tho.

Old September 14th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #13
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
Picked up the S5 the other day and dropped shit Sprint for AT&T. Very good upgrade from the S3

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: