ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 5th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #26
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I just sold the first tablet I ever owned. Got $100 for it, which is pretty amazing, considering that that's what I paid for it 3 years ago (on contract).

So I submit that that was the best tablet for my money.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #27
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
For those with a Nexus 7, is there a good application out there to view MS Office files? I'm guessing there's a few options out there, so what do you recommend?

Last edited by Jerome : January 7th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #28
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
For those with a Nexus 7, is there a good application out there to view MS Office files?
Quick Office I'd what I've used. It will view and edit files. It used to work with almost every cloud storage provider, but is now limited to just Google Drive since being acquired by Google.

It's free now at least so give it a shot.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #29
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
I live and die by my Nexus 7.
That's because you haven't used a surface pro 2.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #30
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
The Surface Pro 2 is amazing but comparing it to traditional tablets isn't an apples to apples thing. It has a tablet form-factor but the Surface Pro 2 is just a Windows 8 laptop crammed into a tablet, which is why it's so expensive compared to them.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:35 AM   #31
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
http://www.microcenter.com/product/423584/GC10X_Tablet

I bought one yesterday and absolutely am amazed by this

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #32
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
The Surface Pro 2 is amazing but comparing it to traditional tablets isn't an apples to apples thing. It has a tablet form-factor but the Surface Pro 2 is just a Windows 8 laptop crammed into a tablet, which is why it's so expensive compared to them.
And if it was made by Apple (in Rivendell of course, by elves) it would be considered the greatest thing in the history of man and well worth the price... just sayin...
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:11 AM   #33
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
I just got a Kindle Fire HDX. It's pretty sweet for what I need it for. Which is basically an e-reader, comic reader, and something to play the occasional game on to kill some time. I like the screen a lot more than the Ipad, and it's a lot cheaper.
Old February 7th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #34
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
I've been mulling that over, molsen. I'm trying to decide if I want a full-fledged laptop in tablet form (Surface Pro) or just need a tablet for things like books, web browsing, and such on the go. I'd love to hear impressions once you've used it for a bit.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #35
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
I've been mulling that over, molsen. I'm trying to decide if I want a full-fledged laptop in tablet form (Surface Pro) or just need a tablet for things like books, web browsing, and such on the go. I'd love to hear impressions once you've used it for a bit.
Actually posting on it now... browser isn't great but it runs the Android app system so you can get chrome for it. If you already have books on your account they are featured in the front screen as soon as you turn it on. It has your account preloaded. I have been reading Frank Miller's Batman Returns on it and it looks pretty good on the Comicat app.

If you end up wanting something for the basics this is a great machine.
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:37 AM   #36
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Looking at replacing my 3yr old Asus netbook (thanks for all the years of service),my bulky 4yr old Medion desktop and a POS HP laptop I bought a few years back that has given me almost as many problems as my last girl.
Seriously considering a 128gb Surface Pro 2 and a a docking station. Probably gonna set me back $1,500 when all is said and done after the detachable keyboard and warranty, but it would be nice to have just one device
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:44 AM   #37
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
My wife ended up getting the 2013 Nexus 7 and it's pretty sweet. I've been thinking about getting one for myself, but I also have seen some people say some pretty good things about the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Comes with full Windows 8.1 (not RT), Microsoft Office, and the 64GB version is $319 on amazon.com.
Old April 10th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #38
Intruderb

Ended up getting a Lenovo yoga 2, was looking at the high end model (pro 2) but getting the 11in base model and its just fine and dandy....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: