ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

View Poll Results: Pre-order a Xbox One?
Yes, Absolutely, No Doubt 7 21.21%
No, Never, Absolutely Not, When Hell Freezes Over – likely not then either 15 45.45%
Maybe, Will Think About It 3 9.09%
Screw Xbox One, PS4 All the Way 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2028
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
Question Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One?

I just pre bought my Xbox One – first preorder at the store I frequent. GameStop, and I'm sure other retailers, have initial pre-order allotment restrictions that will make it very difficult to secure the console if not reserved early.

That said, who (other than me) is going to pony up $500 and is comfortable dealing with DRM and other supposed hardships said to impact gaming on the Xbox One console?

Last edited by Game Rogue : June 10th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375
Games Wanted: 0

BizzyBum
maybe, but probably not.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Virtua V
Reserve your Day One Edition today. Be first to experience Xbox One with the Day One Edition. Available in limited quantities, it features...

• Commemorative controller
  • Exclusive achievement
  • Day One Xbox Live Gold membership
  • Killer Instinct: Round One, with w/ exclusive Shadow Jago character
Plus, reserve Day One Editions of Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and Dead Rising 3 to unlock unique items and experiences.

Old June 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week. Oh, and Killer Instinct...Fuck yeah!
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week.
Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.

Old June 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #6
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now. It's probably going to have the bigger install base. The only think I'm kind of worried about is I'm primarily a sports gamer, and EA and MS seem to have something goin on there.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
Quote:
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now.
I absolutely understand - Sony definitely has a beast on their hands with the PS4.

…and with that said, I just pre-ordered my PS4 at GS – store got a late okay from corp. to release PS4 reserves before it closed for the night - manager called me down to get a pre-buy in.

Last edited by Game Rogue : June 10th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #8
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
I absolutely understand - Sony definitely has a beast on their hands with the PS4.

…and with that said, I just pre-ordered my PS4 at GS – store got a late okay from corp. to release PS4 reserves before it closed for the night - manager called me down to get a pre-buy in.
I guess he did...You're putting that guy's kids through private school with the amount of games you buy.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #9
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
I'm on the fence. I was interested in a lot of the exclusives they showed, and even though it won't really affect me, I don't like all the online/DRM stuff. They're treating their fans like pirates. If you ask me, as long as you have the disc in the system, you shouldn't have to ping their servers every 24 hours.

The price really isn't an issue, but when you see the competition is $100 bucks less, for what is slightly better hardware, you have to wonder.

Last edited by Jerome : June 11th, 2013 at 01:25 AM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #10
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now. It's probably going to have the bigger install base. The only think I'm kind of worried about is I'm primarily a sports gamer, and EA and MS seem to have something goin on there.
They won't if the money drys up, which it will.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

BizzyBum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
The price really isn't an issue, but when you see the competition is $100 bucks less, for what is slightly better hardware, you have to wonder.
Exactly, it's pure greed. It was the same thing when Nintendo launched the 3DS at $250.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #12
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I don't think it's the same thing. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One probably costs about 500 to manufacture. Apparently Sony was going with the $499.99 price up until yesterday. And I bet they are taking a huge hit on every console they sell for the next year or so.

Sony not bundling their camera certainly helped a little too.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #13
Vid Gamer

BizzyBum
Besides the Wii, what console doesn't take a hit at market price. They make their money on games, accessories, and online services.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #14
sickmind

sickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
Apparently Sony was going with the $499.99 price up until yesterday.
That sounds like nonsense to me.

Quote:
And I bet they are taking a huge hit on every console they sell for the next year or so.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...it-on-399-ps4/
sickmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Sony really isn't in a position to sell these things at a loss. They just had their first quarterly profit in five years, and that was probably only because they sold off a bunch of real estate.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #16
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
They won't if the money drys up, which it will.
I still think MS has time to pull a few switcharoo's and right the ship. Gates and Co are not going to let this ship sink that quickly...And even though I said I was starting to lean PS3...I took another look at their controller, and for fuck sakes Sony, why the hell in this day and age is your primary directional input a fucking d-pad. The analog stick is in such a stupid spot.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #17
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 689
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
I still think MS has time to pull a few switcharoo's and right the ship. Gates and Co are not going to let this ship sink that quickly...And even though I said I was starting to lean PS3...I took another look at their controller, and for fuck sakes Sony, why the hell in this day and age is your primary directional input a fucking d-pad. The analog stick is in such a stupid spot.
Gates retired in 2008.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #18
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmind View Post
Michael pacther said today that a person at Sony after their conference told him that they got the ok to go down to $399.99 that very morning.

Guess it wasn't nonsense.

Last edited by bigloser : June 11th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #19
bigloser

I preordered both a PS4 and Xbox One earlier.

Going to be a fun winter, lol.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #20
Vid Gamer

BizzyBum
Quote:
Michael pacther said today that a person at Sony after their conference told him that they got the ok to go down to $399.99 that very morning.

Guess it wasn't nonsense.
Sony is smart. Basically, all they had to do was the exact opposite of the Xbox One. I mean... you can't go any more opposite then they went. They really shat on Microsoft this E3, and it wasn't the subtle jabs here and there, they were literally firing shots during the actual conference. lmao

If Microsoft doesn't go back and possibly reevaluate some things, I can't see how Sony doesn't crush Xbone for next gen.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #21
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Sony really isn't in a position to sell these things at a loss. They just had their first quarterly profit in five years, and that was probably only because they sold off a bunch of real estate.
Sony loses money on almost all the electronics they sell. It's crazy that a majority of their profits come from selling insurance... yes, insurance!

Quote:
Its financial arm accounts for 63 percent of Sony’s total operating profit last year. Life insurance has been its biggest moneymaker over the last decade, earning the company 933 billion yen ($9.07 billion) in operating profit in the 10 years that ended in March.

NYTimes.com
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #22
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future
Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
they were literally firing shots during the actual conference
Wow, that's hardcore. How many people were hurt?
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #23
Vid Gamer

BizzyBum
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgarriel View Post
Wow, that's hardcore. How many people were hurt?
Luckily they just had mannequins dressed up as Microsoft employees.

It was still hardcore, though.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold
Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
I cannot pass up Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse this fall. I want to play those games.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #25
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 180
The only console I ever preordered was Dreamcast. I usually wait a year or so for bugs to be worked out, game library established, and sales.

A year from now I don't see myself purchasing an Xbox. I can't get over the fact that the games will eventually stop working. I like going back to my old games, even if it is only for a quick spin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: