ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old June 10th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
Sony PS4 E3 Conference

We are mashing the forums - right? Good!

Man PS4 has got their guns loaded; without DRM or authentication requirements and $400 to boot... Xbox One has its work cut out.

Damn... I want Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV!

Last edited by Game Rogue : June 10th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Thumbs up

$100 bucks cheaper and no DRM?

Easy call for me.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
…yeah, I liked what I saw in the Sony conference.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
godlike gif...

Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #5
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 0
MS had a good run in the USA.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #6
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
MS had a good run in the USA.
Yup, they better pull a mystical pony out of their asses or pretty much their entire fanbase is going over to Sony in a few months....Any list of launch titles for PS4 yet?
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
I thought their press conference was rather dull until the end, when they started throwing the jabs at Microsoft. I was more interested in the Exclusives Microsoft showed off, and it seemed like Microsoft showed off more of them. I could be completely wrong, and maybe it just seemed that way because some of Sony's more in-depth looks at games (with long game-play footage) were multi-platform, and they simply brushed over exclusives a bit more, but the numbers were the same.

So, at least with the games we know of, I'm more interested in the Xbox One... but on the other hand, I like the fact Sony doesn't look to be implementing all the DRM stuff the Xbox One will have... although I thought they said before (after their original event earlier in the year) that they would leave that stuff up to individual developers. In the end we still might see some heavy restrictions on the platform.

Also, it looks like the $399 price is for the system without the Playstation Eye/Move stuff. I don't know if there will be a second SKU, or if it will just be an accessory you have to buy separately, but Sony didn't really go into the details during the event... They also skipped over the fact free online, multiplayer is a thing of the past now.

Last edited by Jerome : June 11th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #8
sickmind

sickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura about
Odds are I will eventually get a PS4, but it needs games I want that aren't on PC for that to actually happen. Spring of '14 at the earliest for me.
sickmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #9
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmind View Post
Odds are I will eventually get a PS4, but it needs games I want that aren't on PC for that to actually happen. Spring of '14 at the earliest for me.
Agreed.

I'd like to see a release forecast for all these games coming out.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #11
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Sony being super sneaky, came out today and said once again DRM is up to their publishers.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
…those animated gifs are hilarious. Microsoft left that door wide open and Sony walked righton through. I'll be incredibly surprised if Sonly doesn't come out on top this time 'round.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #13
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
PS4 boxart

Basically oversized the Vita cases. lol

Looks pretty slick.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: