ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM   #1
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Angry Resident Evil 6 is fucking HORRIBLE...why didn't you guys tell me?

I mean, sure, you did say it me, but you guys hate EVERY Resident Evil game, so I just took it with a grain of salt. You guys could have leveled with me and explained that you all were dead serious this time. FUCK QTEs!

Resident Evil 6, like Nemesis, sucks Zombie dicks.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Dillinger

Dillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
I suppose we all thought that it's suckage was readily apparent, given how far Capcom fell of their sales goal, and the predominantly piss poor reviews it received.

To be fair, the RE series has had a lengthy history with shitty products. I could probably name at least 8 RE titles that sucked just as bad, if not worse, than RE6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
Riding a bike is hard.
Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
If any series needs a reboot, it's RE..
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
If any series needs a reboot, it's RE..
It got one at 4. I actually really enjoyed 5, but THIS QTE BULLSHIT is for the birds. Just HORRIBLE. I just want to fucking kill zombies and read documents. All this Dragon's Lair bullshit is for the birds.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these partsMojo Jojo is infamous around these parts

Live!: SuicideBomberG

Games Owned: 132
Send a message via AIM to Mojo Jojo Send a message via Yahoo to Mojo Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
It got one at 4. I actually really enjoyed 5, but THIS QTE BULLSHIT is for the birds. Just HORRIBLE. I just want to fucking kill zombies and read documents. All this Dragon's Lair bullshit is for the birds.
I HATED RE 5. I still haven't finished it.
Mojo Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #6
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
I mean, sure, you did say it me, but you guys hate EVERY Resident Evil game, so I just took it with a grain of salt. You guys could have leveled with me and explained that you all were dead serious this time. FUCK QTEs!

Resident Evil 6, like Nemesis, sucks Zombie dicks.
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo View Post
I HATED RE 5. I still haven't finished it.
It was okay but nothing more.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #8
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

There is an option to auto complete QTEs, but as you hate patching games you probably didn't download it. It is a full blown action game now and as one it is a lot better than most of the western ones lately. Also, mercenaries is better than ever. Stuff like Spec Ops or some of the western TPS got higher reviews when they have 1/10th the content and combat options.

Last edited by -Tetsuo- : April 24th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
-Tetsuo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #9
Aeon Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
There is an option to auto complete QTEs, but as you hate patching games you probably didn't download it. It is a full blown action game now and as one it is a lot better than most of the western ones lately. Also, mercenaries is better than ever. Stuff like Spec Ops or some of the western TPS got higher reviews when they have 1/10th the content and combat options.
ORLY? Fuck yes then! I'm assuming this is just a normal patch, i.e. FREE, not an expansion (you know CAPCOM). If so, I'm about to download that shit right NOW. The QTE's are really the only thing I despise about the game. If it wasn't for them I'd probably love the dame game.

BTW, are there ANY files in the game anymore? I mean, nothing to read at all? Is EVERYTHING spelled out for you now either in in-game banter or cut scenes? I'm sure I'm the only one who'll care, but I always liked getting those little snippets of back story.

"Itchy...tasty."
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #10
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

No files. You can however counter attack a mutant then slide roll around his team and blow their legs off before you elbow drop their brains out. So, you know, there is that.

You can also adjust the camera with the patch, which is very much needed. Pull that shit ALL THE WAY out.

Last edited by -Tetsuo- : April 25th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
-Tetsuo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #11
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Quote:
Jus felt like RE4 is one of the best video games I've ever played. And I'm not even an RE fan. Damn that game was good.
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #12
Aeon Storm

Quote:
No files. You can however counter attack a mutant then slide roll around his team and blow their legs off before you elbow drop their brains out. So, you know, there is that.

You can also adjust the camera with the patch, which is very much needed. Pull that shit ALL THE WAY out.
Wait, I believe I already have that patch then (I was prompted to download some update before I ever played). I'm pretty sure that I have camera adjust function, how do I turn on auto QTEs?
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #13
-Tetsuo-

It is called something weird in the menu.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #14
Aeon Storm

Quote:
It is called something weird in the menu.
I found it last night, thanks! I still fucking had to do them after toggling the shit on (or off, whatever), but I was tired when I played so I probably fucked something up. I'll try it again later. I'm starting to like it more, which is always a good sign, but I can tell this will be my least favorite of the modern ones.

I even really enjoyed Operation Raccoon City. But this shit...
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #15
Dillinger

Dillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished roadDillinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I even really enjoyed Operation Raccoon City. But this shit...
Wait a minute....You thought that 'Resident Evil : Nemesis' sucked dick, yet you're enjoying RE6 and "really enjoyed" O.R.C?

Listen closely and you'll hear the sound of your credibility circling the drain.

I mean, fuck, at least 'Nemesis' was actually a part of the original trilogy and very original for it's time. Whereas these generic, watered down, third person action shooters are obviously nothing more than another thinly veiled Capcom cash grab.

Quote:
Riding a bike is hard.
Old April 30th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #16
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
They should have stopped after 2.
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #17
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I had a chance to get a brand new copy for free and I told the person I didn't want it.
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #18
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
I had a chance to get a brand new copy for free and I told the person I didn't want it.
I don't blame ya. Let it go to some nut who loves that shit.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Omi-san

Omi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond reputeOmi-san has a reputation beyond repute

The only good RE games are the original 3.
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM   #20
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi-san View Post
2 being the best EVER.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM   #21
-Tetsuo-

Resident Evil 4 exists
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Dillinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi-san View Post
I absolutely agree, which is why I have a hard time understanding why Aeon seems to think that the third was a piece of shit. It had everything that made the original and it's sequel as successful as they were and then some.

The suspense was still there. The puzzle solving aspect was still there. The investigative aspect of reading all of the reports and files was still there. The jump scares were still there and even enhanced by the presence of Nemesis and never knowing when or where he'd show up next. The need to conserve ammo was still there. Etc...

I think there have been some good (even great) RE games released post-trilogy, but none of them apart from the GC remake managed to capture the true essence of the original games.

Don't even get me started on all the fucking garbage they've released since Mikami (rightfully) abandoned ship.

Quote:
Riding a bike is hard.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #23
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
2 being the best EVER.
Damn skippy!
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #24
-Tetsuo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I absolutely agree, which is why I have a hard time understanding why Aeon seems to think that the third was a piece of shit. It had everything that made the original and it's sequel as successful as they were and then some.

The suspense was still there. The puzzle solving aspect was still there. The investigative aspect of reading all of the reports and files was still there. The jump scares were still there and even enhanced by the presence of Nemesis and never knowing when or where he'd show up next. The need to conserve ammo was still there. Etc...

I think there have been some good (even great) RE games released post-trilogy, but none of them apart from the GC remake managed to capture the true essence of the original games.

Don't even get me started on all the fucking garbage they've released since Mikami (rightfully) abandoned ship.
Resident Evil 4

Developer(s) Capcom Production Studio 4
Publisher(s) Capcom
Director(s) Shinji Mikami
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #25
Dillinger

Quote:
Resident Evil 4

Developer(s) Capcom Production Studio 4
Publisher(s) Capcom
Director(s) Shinji Mikami
According to Mikami himself, he didn't want to make RE4 an action title, but Capcom was pushing him in that direction. Which is why he abandoned ship after it's release. He wasn't responsible for ruining the franchise, Capcom (as always) was.

Just like they ruined 'Devil May Cry', just like they ruined 'Megaman', just like they ruined 'Marvel vs. Capcom', etc... Not only do they fuck up groundbreaking series that they managed to create, but they've also managed to bury fantastic games that could've become franchises by failing to put out sequels to games that were incredibly innovative and breathtaking (not to mention successful) for their time.

Remember 'Okami'?

Quote:
Riding a bike is hard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: