ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > PC
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC The oldest and most flexible gaming platform, the PC has evolved and remained a mainstay for gamers. Get your PC gaming and general rig discussion here.

Old October 31st, 2011, 12:00 AM   #26
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really nice

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Games Wanted: 0
In order to do anything with the jets you need to unlock flares, which is the first thing you unlock.

I suck hardcore with them. I can't even turn, and I can't practice because whenever I try I get shot down like 10 seconds after I take off.

And I'm going to start playing Engineer more then Recon now. Wasn't doing too hot with SVD and MK.
Vid Gamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:22 AM   #27
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
In order to do anything with the jets you need to unlock flares, which is the first thing you unlock.

I suck hardcore with them. I can't even turn, and I can't practice because whenever I try I get shot down like 10 seconds after I take off.

And I'm going to start playing Engineer more then Recon now. Wasn't doing too hot with SVD and MK.
I usually play as Support. I can fly the jets fairly well and not get shot down. It's just with how freaking fast they are it's very hard to get a bead on anything. And they are not effective for air to ground strikes. I think right off the start the jets should have one air to ground bomb to use. It would make them a lot more of a threat.
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:11 AM   #28
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
I'm just glad the Air Power is a bit more balanced in this. In BF2 I avoided maps with Jets because they were overpowered and there was no real defense against them from the ground.
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #29
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF View Post
I'm just glad the Air Power is a bit more balanced in this. In BF2 I avoided maps with Jets because they were overpowered and there was no real defense against them from the ground.
Jets should overpower ground forces. BF2 got it right. BF3 though is working towards being a fun game instead of realistic.
Old November 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #30
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

In a small scale , basically squad on squad action, the amount of Air Power in BF2 was disproportionate to be kind. And real Jets do not have ordinance that respawns on the hardpoints either

And in that version, the only real defense on most maps were stinger emplacements which jet jocks preemptively bombed with their magically spawning ATGM's. So. You are not exactly spot on here George

Quote:
that's correct.

Old November 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #31
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really niceVid Gamer is just really nice

Quote:
You are not exactly spot on here George
That's pretty much everytime he posts.
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #32
RookieCAF

I wouldn't say that is always the case, but in this post he is. Yes, Air Power is a thing to fear, but in a case like portrayed in any of the recent BF Games, with forces intermingled, no one is going to drop ordinance that close, and even if they do, the technology to regenerate bombs or missiles on the pylon has not quite evolved yet.

George, Have you played BF2?

Quote:
that's correct.

Old November 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #33
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Quote:
I wouldn't say that is always the case, but in this post he is. Yes, Air Power is a thing to fear, but in a case like portrayed in any of the recent BF Games, with forces intermingled, no one is going to drop ordinance that close, and even if they do, the technology to regenerate bombs or missiles on the pylon has not quite evolved yet.

George, Have you played BF2?
I would like to see you get one ATGM off the start and if you want to replenish it you need to land. Although, with the lack of any air brakes landing is kind of difficult in the jets.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #34
RookieCAF

No problem with realistic loadouts. ATGM's should be part. I have not checked out the A10 yet, that should be almost exclusively A2G , in real life it only carries a couple sidewinders for self defense.

While I enjoy the vehicle aspects, sometime I also like playing in Infantry Only servers as well. It makes me appreciate my LAV all that much more

Quote:
that's correct.

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #35
molsonmuscle

Quote:
No problem with realistic loadouts. ATGM's should be part. I have not checked out the A10 yet, that should be almost exclusively A2G , in real life it only carries a couple sidewinders for self defense.

While I enjoy the vehicle aspects, sometime I also like playing in Infantry Only servers as well. It makes me appreciate my LAV all that much more
I find most of the ATG stuff is a little underpowered though. The splash damage on the rockets from the Choppers is pathetic. I've dusted areas I know people are in and not even a little bit of damage done. With the heat seekers on my Little Bird though I am very dangerous with it.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #36
RookieCAF

I can't fly for shit in these games so I stay out unless it's as a passenger

I love Flight sims though, so yea. Weird.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #37
molsonmuscle

Quote:
I can't fly for shit in these games so I stay out unless it's as a passenger

I love Flight sims though, so yea. Weird.
I would imagine flying on the PC would be tough unless you had it programmed for your flight stick for your sim games as well. You need to have the ability to have touch on the helicopters to do anything.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #38
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 526
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Some friends/co-workers of mine had flight sticks next to their keyboards, and would switch to using those when in jets/helis (BF2). Seemed pretty effective. Flying the jets/helis with a mouse and keyboard was a nightmare.
Old November 5th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #39
Vid Gamer

Most people I've seen who are godlike in jets actually say they just use default kb/m.
Old November 5th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #40
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Most people I've seen who are godlike in jets actually say they just use default kb/m.
Maybe in a jet, I couldn't imagine it in a chopper though. It's hard enough to get it to hover with the 360 controller.
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #41
RookieCAF

Yea, The jets are not that hard, my issue with those in the previous game was the respawning ordinance. For that matter, Tanks and LAV's should have a finite load as well.

I also miss the way the resupply, health and repairs were handled by BF2 vis a vis the vehicles.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old November 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #42
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
We in there

Old June 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #43
Vid Gamer

I heard the new CQ map pack is pretty good.

Anyone nab Premium? It's a one-time fee of $50 and you end up saving money on the expansions plus you get them two weeks early so it's a pretty good deal.
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #44
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: xIceCBx
PSN: IceCB

Games Owned: 56
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
I have the maps on 360. They are to much like COD imo.
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #45
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFan View Post
I have the maps on 360. They are to much like COD imo.
That's what I heard, but their next expansion in September is supposed to have the biggest maps in BF history apparently so they will make up for it. lol
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #46
RookieCAF

Nabbed Premium. The maps are small for BF Maps but they dwarf even the larger COD Maps. Lots of vertical too. Good Pack IMHO and looking forward to the one that is Armor Based.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old June 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #47
Vid Gamer

Premium is kinda a no-brainer if you plan to get the expansions. You save money, get them two weeks early, and just get more stuff in general.

Gun Master is pretty damn fun.
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #48
Vid Gamer

Game is pretty damn gorgeous maxed out on 2560x1440.
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #49
Vid Gamer

Forgot they were doing Double XP this weekend...
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #50
RookieCAF

$10 on Origin today. Fun game, even with the flaws. I still want BF2 done in the BF3 engine. Oh, and BF2142 also. *sigh*

Quote:
that's correct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: