ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Jintonic

Jintonic is on a distinguished roadJintonic is on a distinguished roadJintonic is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Heavy Rain

Played the demo, immediately got hooked!

Anyone played the actual game? If so, did it keep your attention throughout?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

waiting for the price drop, but they're being stubborn with this one. I can wait.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM   #3
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 195
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Jason... JASON... Jason, JASON, JASON!
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Sergei

Sergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant future

I just started playing this and it's an incredible game so far. One of the best single player experiences I've ever had.
Quote:
Jason... JASON... Jason, JASON, JASON!
I loved that scene. A great example of how games can be used for narrative storytelling and placing you in the shoes of a character. His frustration is palpable in a way that you couldn't get even watching a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indra View Post
I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.

Last edited by Sergei : August 24th, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #5
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

It was ok. It's like an adventure game, except it isn't because there are no puzzles.
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
Great game. The "tutorial" part is longer than it needed to be but the game keeps going strong rather than falling off a cliff halfway through the way Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit did. There is use of a camera angle in a particular scene that seems like a weird attempt to deliberately mislead the player but it is a spoiler so I won't specify. This is basically the first video game to capture the atmosphere of a movie like Seven.

I didn't even realize until I recently that I actually have Quantic Dream's first game Omikron on Dreamcast. Not sure if it's aged well enough to play through it.
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #7
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

Angry

where is my goddamned price drop, yo?

~Bill Hicks
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #8
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Sell me Demon's Souls and I'll tell you.
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #9
Indra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Sell me Demon's Souls and I'll tell you.
haha, NEVER! I've ammended my will to stipulate that I should be burried with it.

~Bill Hicks
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #10
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
haha, NEVER! I've ammended my will to stipulate that I should be burried with it.
So, where exactly are you being buried?

And how are you feeling these days? Depressed? The world sucks and everybody hates you.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #11
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
lol, it's $55 at Toys R Us.

I'm waiting for one too. I can't justify paying more than $30 for this.
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #12
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Its about $25 at Gamefly...

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #13
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 195
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Yeah, GameFly is having a big sale right now. Have games like Sin & Punishment, Mass Effect 2 and FFXIII for $19.99 and under.

http://www.gamefly.com/Store/
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #14
Indra

~Bill Hicks
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM   #15
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
They've released a newer edition with the Move support on the box. Not sure how that affects the pricing.
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:19 PM   #16
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
suppose to be a patch also coming soon

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

It's $40 at Toys R Us ($55 plus 25% off), the patch is ~1.4GB and the Move support is a let down.
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #18
MaKaVeLi2003

MaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these parts

Send a message via AIM to MaKaVeLi2003 Send a message via Yahoo to MaKaVeLi2003
Totally forgot about how bad I wanted to play this game when it came out. I didn't have a PS3 at the time. Just picked it up though, hope it's good!
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #19
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I keep putting it off. The demo just seemed slow as fuck.
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #20
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
It is such a good experience. Loved it immensely.
Old March 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #21
MaKaVeLi2003

MaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these partsMaKaVeLi2003 is infamous around these parts

This game alone was worth every penny spent on the console itself. Jesus, I can't put it down. Been playing since my last post. And just seen some tits to boot.
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #22
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
Jason? Jason? Jason!!!

I do that every time we go to the mall. My wife wants to run and hide. Good times.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #23
MaKaVeLi2003

"Another one OD'd on the dance floor."

rofl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: