ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Wolf

Wolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enoughWolf will become famous soon enough

PSN: Wolf2384

Games Owned: 245
Games Wanted: 0
Anyone backpacked Europe?

I am seriously thinking about taking a month off of work and heading to Europe at the end of Sept.

I will get a Europass to check out a few countries but wouldn't mind some advice from those who have actually been over there before.

How many countries would be worthwhile covering in a month?

Also, how much money would be necessary to get by over there? The Canadian dollar isn't doing too bad right now and as long as I stay out of the UK I imagine things won't get too expensive.

I seriously haven't done too much research but would very much appreciate any constructive input or suggestions.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Some other Citier posted similar thread way back, me thinks. Horror movies tell you not to, man!

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
Some other Citier posted similar thread way back, me thinks. Horror movies tell you not to, man!
He's Canadian. He'll be fine.

I haven't done it personally but I have friends who have and they all seem to have enjoyed it for the most part. They said the best countries to visit were Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. They said places like France, England and Spain were more headache then they were worth for various reasons though (food, weather, general friendliness of the citizens)
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post

I haven't done it personally but I have friends who have and they all seem to have enjoyed it for the most part. They said the best countries to visit were Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. They said places like France, England and Spain were more headache then they were worth for various reasons though (food, weather, general friendliness of the citizens)
It is a great way to get laid, you left that part out.

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #5
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 22
Send a message via AIM to texbumTHElife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
It is a great way to get laid, you left that part out.
Knowing him he would get bored and go home 5 minutes into the trip.
texbumTHElife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Z_E_R_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbumTHElife View Post
Knowing him he would get bored and go home 5 minutes into the trip.
Wolf! You are doing it wrong!

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
You guys are on a roll.
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #8
Z_E_R_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
You guys are on a roll.
He IS doing it wrong. It's fucking! Who bitches about fucking?

Old August 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #9
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I've always felt that the Eurail passes were overpriced. Just pick a couple countries and stick to them. It's not like you can play out an entire country in a week or two. Look at flights between countries...you can find some awesome deals. Check Ryan Air for cheap flights.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #10
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Would it still be "backpacking" if you flew from country to country? Seems to defeat the purpose to me.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
stay in hostels, they are dirt cheap and a great way to meet people from other countries; don't let the movies steer you away, the hostels are the place to stay for young single travelers. I have only been to one in stockholm and can't recommend it enough, it helps also that the city has the most beutiful women in the world.
http://www.citybackpackers.org/
If all of the other hostels are half as cool as this I would say go that route. Rooms for as low as 28.68 CAD can't be beat.
Check out http://www.hostelworld.com/ to see what else is out there with ratings and reviews.

I also highly recommend joining AAA if you aren't a member already- it would be worth it for the cheap currency exchange.

Here is all the luggage I took btw,

I guess it would be considered backpacking in europe, I only went to 1 place and never rented a vehicle I would love to spend a month hitting other places.
Do it while your young and child free, and pointless sex is only meaningless the 2nd time you flog 'em.....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

this bag seconds as a suitcase and is actually 2 backpacks, pretty neat- check it out if you have an IKEA nearby
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #13
Pugwash

Pugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura about

Live!: MrJ

Games Owned: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post

Fuck you!

Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #14
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbumTHElife View Post
Would it still be "backpacking" if you flew from country to country? Seems to defeat the purpose to me.
Only if you're a pretentious cunt. It's not like you're hiking from place to place, so you're not "backpacking" when you're "backpacking". Sure, you can pick a ton of places and spend a huge wad of cash on a train ticket, or you can be a bit more choosy, check out a couple countries in greater depth, and save money.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #15
texbumTHElife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Only if you're a pretentious cunt. It's not like you're hiking from place to place, so you're not "backpacking" when you're "backpacking". Sure, you can pick a ton of places and spend a huge wad of cash on a train ticket, or you can be a bit more choosy, check out a couple countries in greater depth, and save money.
LOL wow
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #16
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
I never have, but its #1 on my bucket list and I researched it pretty heavily last year.

Ideally I'd love to go in like a clockwise circle around Europe...Start in like Amsterdam, go over to Germany and work my way down/around. You could probably do it for about $3-4k depending on your financial status.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #17
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
I never have, but its #1 on my bucket list and I researched it pretty heavily last year.

Ideally I'd love to go in like a clockwise circle around Europe...Start in like Amsterdam, go over to Germany and work my way down/around. You could probably do it for about $3-4k depending on your financial status.
Yeah i was going to do this in May if the company flew me to Germany, but we decided not to go.

I have a cousin who lives in Scotland, I've been talking to about visiting so i definitely will be there in the next 3-4 years.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Pahn

I want to go to Europe without my wife. That would be fun. No nonsense hiking, no wussing out in the heat. I could stop and learn things at places. No shopping.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #19
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

I lived in Italy for 3 years.

Austria and Switzerland are the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. The mountains are awe inspiring. So beautiful its surreal. Pictures don't do them justice, when you are standing in front of them you are like ...HOLY FUUUUCCCCCKKK.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #20
Ghost
Staff Member

Ghost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to all

Live!: Lumar

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Ghost Send a message via AIM to Ghost
Quote:
I want to go to Europe without my wife. That would be fun. No nonsense hiking, no wussing out in the heat. I could stop and learn things at places. No shopping.
LMAO, maybe I should go with you. =)
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #21
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPninja View Post
I lived in Italy for 3 years.

Austria and Switzerland are the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. The mountains are awe inspiring. So beautiful its surreal. Pictures don't do them justice, when you are standing in front of them you are like ...HOLY FUUUUCCCCCKKK.
asshole.

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #22
Bingo

Bingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: CHEAP SU1T

Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Talking

Quote:
Let's be real. Traveling anywhere without your woman is better.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #23
Intruderb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Let's be real. Traveling anywhere without your woman is better.
I like traveling alone period.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #24
Pahn

I'd enjoy traveling with 4-6 people, I think. You've got enough people to split up and do different things, and enough that you could all chip in for a hotel room for the same price or even cheaper than a hostel.

Old August 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #25
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruderb View Post
I like traveling alone period.
I think it some situations yes, but for the most part it would be boring.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: