View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #12
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
Dude you are paying outrageous prices for designer clothes because they're actually being made by people getting an honest days wage, you know Gucci clothes are actually made in Italy?
No, most aren't paying outrageous prices for designer clothing because of who makes them. Most people pay outrageous prices simply because they're designer brands. That's why the prices are "outrageous". If it was because of the cost incurred producing them, they'd be "reasonable" prices. There are t-shirts in WalMart that are made in the USA and they aren't 60 fucking dollars.

BTW, you don't really believe that Italians workers make that much, do you?

Quote:
People may think Buying designer clothes at outrageous prices are crazy, but the sad thing is they're really the only clothes that aren't made in sweatshops.
They're not. There's some low-end clothing made by American workers, in decent facilities, just like there are some designer brands made by children in sweatshops.

Quote:
I'm not sure this is for all brands,but I'm pretty sure it is, I'm pretty sure 7 for all mankind are made here in the USA.
Clothing is sort of like cars. Even American or foreign brands have some items that are made in different places. You can have a designers shirt that was made in the US, by union workers, and get a matching part of pants from the same company made in Taiwan by third graders. With that said, just because some things are made in the USA, it doesn't mean that the workers making are are getting a "decent wage".

Quote:
And a week ago, I bought a pair of sneakers called Nike turned 2.0 and it costs me $140. Also I purchased a sandal which is called Nike Air moray 2 and it costs $49.99.
I'm pretty sure WE bought you a pair of $140 kicks and 50 dollar sandals, actually.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : November 20th, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote