View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #16
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all
Games Owned: 71
Games Wanted: 0

TheDirtyOne
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
I don't get where you guys are coming from with the "splits the market" comments at all. Microsoft has been saying to developers from the start that they need to be designing games that don't require the hard drive, period. They made clear very early that developers shouldn't rely on the hard drive because there would be models without it. Since they're releasing the version that includes the HD first (I'd be surprised to see the core version before Christmas) what they're essentially saying is, "We think everyone should have the HD and those most interested in our product will have it from the word go. However, some may not want to spend that kind of money on hardware so we're going to allow them a way to buy the system that may limit them from backwards compatibility, but shouldn't preclude them from playing any 360 titles."

The scenario, despite a few similarities, plays out much, much differently than what Sony has done with the PS2 HDD attachment, wherein you have an expensive peripheral that is required to play certain games, but that most developers won't support. I suppose if developers ignore MS regarding the HD we may see some splintering of the market, but somehow I don't think I'm going to find myself disappointed that I've had to buy a pricey attachment that won't see any use.

Anyway, while I do think the initial price is a little steep, I think I'm still going to be a launch buyer.

Last edited by DirtySanchez : August 17th, 2005 at 10:01 AM.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote