Thread: Galaxy S4
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #24
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
I probably didn't word it well, but it does have an auto correct feature, but if you mistype a word it doesn't automatically replace it. My HTC Evo 3D would automatically do that, which was nice because I often misspell words. This phone will bring up the 3 closest matches, but doesn't replace it. That's what annoys me. Hopefully they'll fix that in a newer Android version.

I'll give Power Toggles a shot. I actually kept the auto brightness off and kept it at a setting I liked. That'll probably change once I get back to work as I'm out in the sun all day and will have to turn it up.

Another thing I have found annoying is that little tab on the side of the phone that doesn't go away. So far I haven't found anything to make that go away. From a video or two I saw of the phone there isn't a way to get rid of it either. Hopefully they fix that in a newer Android version.

Other than that, I have been truly impressed with the phone. The battery life has been awesome, IMO. So far on my first full charge with light - moderate usage, it lasted over a day (30 hours) before the battery died. To me, that was good because my Evo 3D battery seemed to die in a matter of hours with that same kind of usage. The extended battery did help, but it made the phone so much thicker, which I hated. When I go back to work I'll be happy if it last me thru my work day (10-12 hours) without charging because I'll have the brightness up more and won't be on wifi anymore.
Do not allow your phone to turn off from running out of juice on the regular.
Set a toggle to quickly switch auto-brightness on and off if you have to use it. Look up Elixir Widgets. It is great for creating custom widgets even on phones without root, you can do some nice power user things. Setting up even various brightness toggles works.
ROMs like CM have a feature to allow you to change brightness by sliding across the notification area.
Not used auto-brightness in years, it is basic battery consumption type stuff. Leave it off, it's no good. Turning auto-brightness off is the first step in increasing battery life.
The Swiftkey family of keyboards is worth trying out. Best auto-correct I have seen. You can also easily get beta of Swype, which may be in your phone already. There are also settings in your keyboard you can change. If I remember right, the Samsung keyboard was shit and the first thing I got rid of.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote