View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #24
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Watch this:

I don't believe AA claims to remove addition, Rob. It helps people stop drinking and destroying their lives. When you say that AA 'doesn't work', you're saying that AA doesn't 'CURE' addiction, but once more, no one in AA is saying that it does. OFG certainly isn't, and no one I know who's gone to treatment is either.

So...in the end, it doesn't matter if it doesn't "cure/remove" addition, so long as it improves their life and they STOP DRINKING it 'works'. I don't think that most people have to pay a price any higher than what they would pay if they continued to use.

It's like that episode of Spongebob, when Spongebob was fooling with the shrink ray on Mermaid Man's utility belt and accidentally shrunk Squidward, and then every else in Bikini bottom one after another. In the end he couldn't figure out how to reverse it, so he just shrunk the whole town, too, and they were like, "Hey, this is alright I guess. What's the difference?"

Even if it doesn't remove addition, so long as they aren't drinking, what's the big difference for those who use the system?
You're exactly right. The gravest mistake an alcoholic can make is to think he/she is cured. Each day I get a one day reprieve from my affliction and I can go a day without drinking. I'll always be an alcoholic. A pickle can't be turned back into a cucumber.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote