View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #21
MiaBran

MiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond reputeMiaBran has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 44
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to MiaBran Send a message via MSN to MiaBran Send a message via Yahoo to MiaBran
Quote:
Originally posted by Xeo here's how it has effected me... and this is since i started playing PC games online... not Live... online gaming has been around for a long time so this discussion should be about online gaming... not just live... they haven't created anything new, really...
No, It's about live games vs non live games. Not online vs offline. Most pc games have online play so it's not quite the same. We were buying offline games before XBL dropped.... but with XBL starting to roll stronger.... things have changed (that and this is the xbl forum).

Quote:
but as i was saying... as far as my purchasing of games that aren't online... i still buy them as frequently as i did before, and without hesitation... if i think it's going to be a good game, i'm going to buy it... for instance... Halo, MGS, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Final Fantasy... you know... the games you just cannot pass up no matter what... those don't have to be online, i'm always going to buy those no matter what... however... online gaming has effected how much i actually play or get into some of these offline games after i buy them... for instance... i bought Zelda: The Wind Waker when it was released... and i've yet to really get into it fully, or make an effort to finish it... cause i'm just too addicted to the quick fix of hopping on an online game, getting my win or my kills and being satisfied... instead of spending a long period of time trying to solve puzzles, defeat bosses, and so on and so on...
Halo, MGS2, FF all came out before online play (and GC isn't that strong when it comes to online play anyway). I also agree, there are your must buys, BUT when there's an avalanche of titles rolling around, you're gotta gonna spend 300 dollars on games in a month.

Quote:
with that said... it does effect my purchases in one way however... a game that is online will automatically get extra points and will have a higher chance of me buying it then an offline game... if i had a choice to buy a mediocre online game or a mediocre offline game... i'd always pick the offline one... which sometimes leads to me purchasing a game just because i can play it online and then getting bored with it quick... for example, Unreal Championship... I could say PSO... but my PSO experience goes back to like 2 years ago... and since the game hasn't changed all that much, i blame that more for my lack of interest in PSO for XBOX... and not that it wasn't all that good of a game to begin with...

I think I understand what you meant. That's kind of my point though. Like I hear people gettin pumped about Mace Griffin, but my first question was "is it online?" and then when denied.... I decided to pass.

Persistence is having the same goal over and over.
MiaBran is offline   Reply With Quote