View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:48 AM   #3
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I got my Saturn in 96.

I played the hell out of games like Virtua Racer, Virtua Fighters, Daytona USA, Virtua Cop, Gex, Panzer Dragoon, Sega Rally, Fighting Vipers, Astal, Mortal Kombat 2(probably the worst version of all the Mortal Kombat 2 ports, but I still played it), Street Fighter Alpha 2, Gex, and a bunch of other games.

But now that I look back, I can honestly say the Sega Saturn's line-up was seriously lacking compared to the PSone's library.

But with that being said. My fondness of Sega really started because of the Saturn. During the whole 32/62 bit era, I didn't play any N64/PSX games as much as I played Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA.

The Sega Saturn was probably the main reason I purchased a Dreamcast. I desperately wanted some sequels to some of my favorite franchises. And while all of my anticipated sequels turned out to be huge letdowns(Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 3).

I was treated to some of the most memorable games of this generation. I'll never forget how much fun I had with games like NFL 2K1, NBA 2k1, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Seaman, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, Marvel vs Capcom 2, MDK 2, Soul Reaver, Resident Evil:CV, Phantasy Star Online, Alien Front Online, Soul Calibur, ect.

I can't help but wonder how things would be different if Sega did a few things differently with the Saturn.

If the Saturn was a success... I wonder if Microsoft would have ever jumped into the console arena. Or better yet, where would Sony be if the Saturn outsold the PSX?

It's really pointless, but at the same time, it would be interesting if we could somehow see what the game industry would be like today if Sega would've won the 32/64 era.

Gaming might be completely different.