View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofun28 View Post
I pretty much exclusively use my xbox360 for streaming content...
Won't work for me. Streaming local content on a 360 isn't as nice as on the WD TV Live, not even close. Also, I've never had a Live/Live Gold subscription, which is required to use streaming apps. Paying a fee just to pay another fee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofun28 View Post
I am tempted buy the apple TV for the living room mainly for airplay. So many times me and friends have been hanging out in the living room and someone mentions a video that would be funny to check out but we dont have an ideal way of playing it. Since about ~70% of my friends have iphones it would be a pretty good setup.
Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
I streamed via the Roku but have since purchased a 55" TV that reads off a USB drive. All I do is put what I want to watch on it and press play. I've had some great and some bad experiences with streaming. I'm over streaming. For now. If I truly need to stream, I'll just hook up the PS3 to the TV and use that.
PS3 is a good choice. I've had only a few issues streaming wirelessly over it (no -N support). But it still can't do local content in a way like the WDTV does. I'm still setting it up, but in a day or two I hope to post some screen grabs of what it looks like.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote