View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #18
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Sorry Rob, you have nothing to stand on (in this debate).

Ya, a whole ton of research that I posed that you didn't read. It's a fucking cult and you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

One of my best friends tells me that God spoke to him and told him to fix his marriage. He did fix his marriage. Ergo God exists. Except for, oh wait, that's bullshit.

And so is AA's effectiveness, which some studies have shown to be close to, or in some cases, actually less than zero. Other studies that show a higher success rate use professional counselors to administer the program.

The sobriety rates lower generationally as the country becomes less religious because a strong belief in a higher power is required for the course to work. Someone said earlier that a chair can be the higher power. Well, that's a bit fucking stupid, don't you think? You're going to seek power and knowledge from a chair? That chair is going to remove your defects? Like eight of the 12 steps have to do with God. Read them. Someone else here said you can to the steps without god. No you can't. Half of them are only about God.

Read the AA Bible. It's dumber than the Book of Mormon. It literally condemns science. There's a reason why AA is considered a cult. If you weren't too lazy to read the study I attached you'd know that.

And OFG, that dude's still an addict, bro. He didn't get better. He replaced one addiction for another. That's part of the beauty of the AA cult. It's for life.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote