View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
And I am sure you did something else other than go to meetings.
Um....nope LOL!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to address your misconceptions and untruths because, quite simply, you're not an alcoholic.

In a nutshell, AA is this:

A guy is walking along when he suddenly falls in a hole. Despite his best efforts he can't get out. Suddenly he looks up and sees a face peering over the edge of the hole and he shouts, "Go and get some help." The would be rescuer then jumps in the hole. The guy sighs in disbelief, "What are you doing? Now we're both stuck in this hole." "Not so," says the rescuer, "I was once in this hole and another guy came and showed me that while neither of us could get out of this hole by ourselves, together we can."

I'm sober because other alcoholics took the time to show me how to get sober and stay sober one day at a time and now I try and do the same thing for others.

Indra, AA is not the only way to get sober and stay sober but it worked for me. Does that mean it will work for you? Only you can be the judge of that but I know thousands of people living sober and productive lives as a direct result of AA. If it doesn't work for you, don't give up. Try something else. If you truly are an alcoholic, sobriety is the goal no matter how it is achieved.

And, of course, I'm here if you need me.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.

Last edited by Old Fart Gamer : October 13th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote